PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:04:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?  (Read 192924 times)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
« Reply #150 on: 2009 March 03, 23:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously, nobody was holding a gun to his head and telling him to post NAO and better make sure it was accepted. My post there will never see the light of day, but I really didn't feel compelled to change my opinion or even my wording because of that.

I'm sorry, but you're making an emotional argument. Your logic is sort of skewed and all you're really saying is that you feel we're doing the wrong thing. Which is fine, but we've given you our reasons. Being insulted like that, even as part of a whole group, hurt. And knowing there's someone out there who wishes terminal illness on me for sending around .package files is scary and strange.

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 March 03, 23:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And knowing there's someone out there who wishes terminal illness on me for sending around .package files is scary and strange.

Not to mention insulting, ridiculous, heartless, immature, uncalled for, thoughtless, and infuriating, to name a few more! Wink
And I most certainly agree that Numenor had the option to tell Beosboxboy that he was out of line. Even if the post was deleted. Even if he's a friend. A true friend lets their friend know if they've fucked up.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: 2009 March 03, 23:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is more how the course of events goes:

Booty grabbers staff decide to put all payfiles in the booty.  Because they enjoy using logic and enacting guidelines that display that this whole endeavor isn't really an attack on any person or site, just the concept of content-for-pay.

Numenor throws a shitfit, takes the fact that his one content-for-pay item is...in the content-for-pay item repository personally, and posts a ridiculously biased poll on his website, and pimps it over on MTS2.

The general consensus over here is we would like to remain neutral, logical, and all that jazz, and everything dies down.

Two years later, Numenor heartily agrees with a sentiment of a very adamant paycreator that all pirates are now wrong, even though the EULA has not changed, and that we should also all get asscancer.

...now...I admit I'm a little biased, because I don't take kindly to people who defend pay content.  I see it as a group of modders, many who have been in other communities and know this is an anomaly, fleecing naive internet/gaming noobs for custom content because they can.

But I sincerely believe that yes, Numenor is indeed was a fuckwit and is continuing to be a fuckwit.  You can be talented and still be an asshole.
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 March 03, 23:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two years later, Numenor heartily agrees with a sentiment of a very adamant paycreator that all pirates are now wrong, even though the EULA has not changed, and that we should also all get asscancer.

This is why I was pretty astonished at the heated reply, assuming it really was Numenor. He has the undeniable right to be angry (although I would also hope that on some level he understands why the decision was made to put it in there). Even keeping that in mind, wishing that everyone who considers themselves a "pirate" gets cancer seems pretty over the top, not to mention unfair to those who really have dealt with cancer before.

I'm hoping this wasn't the real Numenor, personally.

I sing along with elevator music.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 March 03, 23:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that any message left after the post wishing asscancer on all of us should have at least contained :" I, for one, dont wish asscancer on anyone BUT..." That would have been fine, he could have shouted "FUCK YOU ALL" from the rooftops and I wouldnt have an issue.

I am sure we can all say that Thomass and co have been class A fuckwits, but not one of us has ever wished death or illness on them. Class is something you can have while still expressing your opinion. No matter what that opinion is.

Oh, and I agree he is a fuckwit. No matter what he might have done before, he is one now just for that comment. (Or lack of one...)

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009 March 03, 23:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually uknortherner I'm with you on this one. I don't think Numenor is being a fucktard because he's anti-pirate at all. I think he's being a fucktard because BBB said something insanely offensive and Numenor decided to endorse it with a resounding "Ya what she said"  It wasn't obligatory or paticularily redeeming.

Way to take the high road there ladies.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
neo-patriot
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 March 04, 00:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Numernor is the oldest name I recall since I starting DLing CC in '06. I appreciate the free CEP very much. I'm not a forum member on any sim site and I don't know folks in the community but I lurk around enough on PMBD to know what's going on. I admire PMBD for sticking by the whole point of their anti-payfile movement and not giving Numenor an exception. Lashing out at pirates seems bizarre on Numernor's behalf but I think maybe his anger is misdirected and he may be angry at people who are making money using CEP and his other tools but he really can't do anything about it. And there's just one item of his in the booty and paysites are making $$$ using his tools. You'd think he had pages and pages of CC in the booty and was losing his rent money over that tanning bed.  Huh Seems strange. Just a thought.

Back to lurking.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 March 04, 00:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fuck, Beos. He's probably one of the biggest, most self-obsessed bitches in the community. I once caught him going on about himself (apparently, not a rare occurrence) at another forum and decided to download some of his crap from the booty in order to check it out. I was expecting some pretty phenomenal shit to match the ego. Nope. It was a lot like like picking up a trick who goes on and on about how awesome he is in bed and then can't get it up.

He's a joke. And a disgusting one at that.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 March 04, 00:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not talking about CEP. I'm talking about SimPE. The one tool you need to have to at least make anything object related for Sims 2. Where does it say that it can't be used for commercial purposes? Below is what you agree to when you download the programme, and there is no mention in there about not making money of it.

I said CEP because Numenor created CEP and if I'm not mistaken he worked on SimPe.

I'm not talking abot Beos. Don't want to have anything to do with the way he chooses to see things. And no, I don't think Numenor just needs to get over it because it has been a while. When somebody pisses on you in real life, do you simply soften up and forgive them after a couple of years? I don't. I might not be angry, but I won't be all niceties, I can assure you. If Inge had made that comment, I think I would have shook my head. But I wouldn't have called her a class A fuckwit.

I was talking about both of them. Because A. It was Beos blogger, B. Numenor chose to post on said blogger. To me they are like Bonnie and Clyde. You can't talk about Bonnie without mentioning Clyde.

And yes I do forgive them. There was a girl in middle school who was friends with another girl I hated. Me and the two girls got into one day and I vowed to hate them forever. Now they both are some of my really good friends. It's called being mature and getting over shit. If Numenor still wants to be pissy over something that happened two years ago it's his prerogative. Most of the community will see him as being childish and immature for it.

I know the story. It was before I got the courage to post here, but I've read the discussion. So basically what has happened is this: Pirates piss off Numenor by putting his bed in the Booty. Numenor speak out against pirates because they pissed him off. Pirates berates Numenor for being angry with them. Who's the class A fuckwit here?

From what I recall no one berated Numenor. There was actually alot of fighting amongst ourselves and where we would draw the line of what goes into the booty/what does not go into the booty.

To basically echo what Nouk was saying, I can pull a couple of points out from no where on why his tanning bed shouldn't be in the booty. I could also argue that for a couple of websites in there as well. But that's the beauty I almost put booty.of the booty. It's not different shades of grey, but black and white. If you must pay for the file it's a payfile. Period.

Real quick, and then I really am off to bed.

uknortherner, do you really expect BBB on his own comment moderated blog to allow Numenor to criticize (which I can't spell) him for making that cancer comment? Come on. Give us a break.

Nouk, I know. When I said 'pirates berate Numenor' I meant now. People are after Numenor NOW because he's angry at the pirates, who made him angry back then by putting his tanning bed in the Booty. (Did that make any more sense?). Sorry didn't make that clear.

No one would expect Beos to allow someone to pick at him at his own blog. But Numenor chose to post there and chose the wording of his post. And to clarify, from the sites I have been lurking on people aren't mad because he spoke out against the pirates, it's the fact that his post seemingly approves of Beos wishing everyone ass cancer.

Have a good night Moune.  Grin

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: 2009 March 04, 00:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was a lot like like picking up a trick who goes on and on about how awesome he is in bed and then can't get it up.

Psh, yeah, and we all know how annoying that is, amiright ladies? Amiright? Y'all know I'm right.

Someone brofist me.

Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009 March 04, 00:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*brofist for Devilfish  Wink

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Tempest Limmerfer
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: 2009 March 04, 01:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amazing that, over a bunch of pixels, people are angry enough to wish cancer upon people because of differing views. EA cannot resolve this w/out pissing off a slew of players and potentially losing money; they have allowed this to go on long  enough to have sides drawn in the sand. To try to fix it would only hurt them. Thus: they will allow everyone a free-for-all fight (but play nice!). When people are so angry to say what has been said, then there is a much bigger problem.

I hope EA is proud: that they allowed a creative, fun community to SIM amd all was good. The along came people wanting $$$ and we innocents thought they were somehow blessed by EA and used special EA pixels and fairy tool made by EA. We spent our money.  TSR grew. We were amazed. Then, we found free creators making beautiul things! We felt cheated. Blah blah paysites blah Pescado blah booty blah ass cancer.
What a downfall for the community. EA could have stopped this many times....makes you wonder why they enjoy watching this fighting.

As mad as we get at "the other team" or about a tanning bed or our pixels or how we share our toys....ya gotta look at who stirs the damned pot.

www.limmerfer.com
proudly hosting designs by : Nii

EA Games: Welcome to Pixel Hell, Bitches! (Snarky)
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 March 04, 02:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why I was pretty astonished at the heated reply, assuming it really was Numenor. He has the undeniable right to be angry 

Numenor has as much right to be angry as any other pay creator does.

Beos has always been an asshole of the first degree, and not only about the paysite issue. I'm a little surprised at Numenor, but not at all at him.

nastygirl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 March 04, 02:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know my grandmother has rectal cancer, and unless you have a family member or know someone that has it, you have no idea how devastating it is. My mother had to quit her job to take care of her...from the chemo and the radiation and doctors appt. not to mention to take care of her every need because she was too weak to care for herself, my grandmother is 81 yrs old and now the surgery to remove said cancer begins. I will not go into anymore details, but you know there comes a time when grown people have this animosity over pixels to a Game and wishing cancer on people have taken too far! I am appalled at bbb and Numenor for even thinking that everyone-everywhere deserves such a terrible disease..I have truly lost respect. I know for sure I will not be buying Sims3, What use to be fun and something to look forward to at the end of the day, has now stooped this low..there will be no more money going to EA or any paysite for that matter from me again! I can see why my mother who has been around from day 1 decided to be very limited on the forums now and want nothing to do with anymore. My stand is that until the EULA is changed, MaxoidDrea's comment means nothing to me..I will continue in the same manner as I always have..she has said nothing to convince me that what we are doing is wrong!  I know that the paysite's think this is a win... they are delusional.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 04, 02:57:17 by nastygirl » Logged
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009 March 04, 02:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BeosBoxBoy's chimed in with a response:

http://beosboxboy.blogspot.com/2009/03/pmbd-must-be-destroyed-or-something.html

Thanks for chiming in, Numenor. It was really seeing what the pirates had done to you that was breaking point. If they would do it to the greatest of us, then it was clear their hubris knew no bounds.

In truth, I only care about artists' rights, end of story. But the pirates have made this a playing field where moderation cannot exist, so if I offend any by my immoderate and hateful words, so be it; the pirates have been hating me good and strong, so it's only fair I give them as good as they're given me.

The days of my giving a shit about what people think about what I say or do ended when I was in the equivalent of junior high school.
    5:06 PM, March 03, 2009
« Last Edit: 2009 March 04, 02:55:04 by uknortherner » Logged

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: