PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:29:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?  (Read 190895 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
« Reply #120 on: 2009 March 03, 21:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The things you see when you finally get your internet access back... That statement isn't much aside from her thoughts, really. Nothing binding, nothing meaningful. Honestly, that wasn't a statement that I'd respect, so you guys are still stuck with me, because it didn't endorse pay sites at all. From where I came in, it just sounds like someone babbling from a badly written script.

As for what Beos and Numenor both said, I hope that someone they know and love have died of what he's wishing upon us, then they'd know the horrors of it.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 March 03, 21:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure he just needs a friendly reminder that the statement he holds in such high regards, was made by a bbs moderator.  Roll Eyes

Exactly! Unless it has the letters Atty. or CEO after the name, it means nothing.

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 March 03, 21:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is sad if it is Numenor.  He was the reason I found PMBD.  I had great respect for him and that reason and that reason alone I refuse to this day to download his tanning bed from the booty.  In his case against it being there he said it was a gift to people who had helped him and it being available to everyone belittled that gift.  So ok on principle it had to be there but that didn't mean I had to have it.
Mheyin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 March 03, 21:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just coming out of the woodwork to state that I've had cancer (not ass-cancer as he'd hoped, but cancer nonetheless), and I hope that Beosboxboy gets torn apart by wild dogs. What a crazy fucknut.

And lol @ MaxoidDrea's "clarification."  Roll Eyes

Yo-ho, haul together,
Hoist the colors high!
Heave-ho, thieves and beggars,
Never say we die!
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 March 03, 21:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure he just needs a friendly reminder that the statement he holds in such high regards, was made by a bbs moderator.  Roll Eyes

Exactly! Unless it has the letters Atty. or CEO after the name, it means nothing.

Yep, agreed. Most things would mean more then a BBS Maxoid statement, as they are often not in the loop of things. If a CEO, or some other, signed that same statement then it would still not mean as much (as the EULA would remain unchanged, and etc), but it would act as a signal that an official change would be swiftly done. Am still cautious about this statement though for the reasons that Darqstar posted on page 2  - it could be that there is more to come with this

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 2009 March 03, 21:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Petition active:

http://www.petitiononline.com/EANOTOK1/petition.html

Private info kept secret though, cuz I'm not a dirty paysite whore.
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 March 03, 21:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Signed.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 March 03, 21:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, guys, it's official. We're screwed. I mean, if some random person who has some piddly moderator power says that paysites are okay, who is EA and the EULA to argue? Cheesy What a joke.

Anyhow, thanks, Beosboxboy. It's so refreshing to see you for the douche-slurping shitbag you really are. Ass cancer? Really? Over some pixels? Claaaaaaa-ssy! And Numenor? Get over it already. Seriously. That poll on your site was over the top, too.

Thanks for the petition, BlueSoup. I'm sure I will be signing just as soon as I've read it through.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 March 03, 21:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Signed Bluesoup Wink Thanks!

(hey there Paden~~ Cheesy Glad to see ya got your internetz back!) Tongue

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 March 03, 21:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good luck with that petition. EA's never paid a lick of attention to them before, so I'm doubtful they'll start now. If it didn't make them do a double-take with the SecuROM online petition, I doubt a boycotting petition will either. A snail-mail letter however will do the trick. If only enough people would do that!

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Vod Kaknockers
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 March 03, 21:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In spite of disagreeing with Yakov's philosophy on pay sites and his general attitude in more than a few cases, I've never made a secret of wishing him well.  When he told the general populace over at InSimadult that he had cancer, and of his numerous other health problems, several "pirates" sent him well wishes and support.  Nice to know we didn't waste our breath on someone who can't seem to keep reality and fantasy from overlapping anymore. /sarcasm

He's always been venomous and hot-headed, but I have to agree that his statements are a new low.  I can't say I've never said something cruel that I wish I could take back, but I've never done it in a public forum.  Hell, I haven't even said it aloud most times.  

Fucking classy, Yakov.  

'Cause beans and cornbread, they go hand in hand.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 March 03, 21:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good luck with that petition. EA's never paid a lick of attention to them before, so I'm doubtful they'll start now. If it didn't make them do a double-take with the SecuROM online petition, I doubt a boycotting petition will either. A snail-mail letter however will do the trick. If only enough people would do that!

The petition and all signatures will be printed and mailed on March 31, 2009.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2009 March 03, 22:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of things:

First: It’s been mentioned a couple of times in this thread that the creators of SimPE (Quaxi, RGiles with the help of ... Numenor among others, but we’ll get back to that) have stated that you cannot charge for stuff made with SimPE. I’d like those who said that to post a link to where they have this information from. Because as far as I know there was ever such a statement made. It is certainly nowhere to be found on the SimPE homepage.

What is true, of course, is that the creators of SimPE made the tool all for free, update it when needed all for free, provide support for it all for free, and maintain the all-essential GUID database all for free – like mentioned in BlueSoups BBS Post. But that is an entirely different matter.

Second: You know, if there was ever somebody in the Sims community who should be allowed to hold a grudge over a small thing, it would be Numenor. He has not only been essential in the development of crucial modding tools, he has also at all times been one of the most helpful people over at MTS2 – you know, where the rest of us so-called creators go when we can’t figure out how to make whatever we’re trying to make. There are not a whole lot of other people who has put such an effort into the Sims community as Numenor. I’d say we’re talking about a max of two handfuls.

And personally I can quite understand why he’s peeved about that one item of his ending up in The Booty. I think it’s out of order too, which I’ve said before. So, uknortherner, if you think Numenor is a class A fuckwit for making that comment, I think you’re an even bigger class A fuckwit who needs to get things into perspective.

On a general basis: So what if some BBS moderator made a statement endorsing paysites. There’s nothing new in that. EA has always supported paysites, and always will. Besides, the ‘Paysites are illegal because of the EULA’-argument has always been dubious. I've never bought it. I mean, can anyone tell me how the EULA will stand up in any court against national legislation about copyright and intellectual property?

Yes? No? Well, my bet is that national legislation would overrule the EULA completely. Which means that creators – pay and free – may well be able to claim ownership and rights over their creations.

Paysites are bad, but not because they disregard some silly sentence that pops up on your computer screen. They are bad because they turn a community into a market place. Because they turn gamers and friends into cash cows and customers with no customer rights whatsoever.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 March 03, 22:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And personally I can quite understand why he’s peeved about that one item of his ending up in The Booty. I think it’s out of order too, which I’ve said before.

I never thought it was cool either, which is why it didn't make it into the booty when I uploaded items.  And at the time, Pescado agreed with me.  No idea why Pescado has changed his mind now.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 March 03, 22:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The single reason why that bed is there, is because we don't make exceptions. Not because we don't appreciate everything he has done for the community. That is all. It's not personal.
Also, this has been discussed alot already in the past, am I right? I thought we came to that conclusion. (Or at least that we'd agree to disagree, but the file would be in the booty.)

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: