PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:20:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?  (Read 190874 times)
They
ARR!

Thoma$$ Excrement!

View Profile
Re: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
« Reply #105 on: 2009 March 03, 19:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you know what's really funny? I remember when BV came out and Pes posted the anti redundancy fix on MATY, EA was officially sending people there to fix the game! Before they came out with a patch. Now we can't even mention it because it's forbidden. EA is really stupid.

That also reminded me of the time when MaxoidSam tried to speak up about it by saying that "Our games don't have bugs", and that "Those bugs won't do much harm.", not to mention how he got his ass handed to him when he made a visit to MATY. Come to think of it, that also reminded me of the time when the EAxoids said that they wouldn't make a patch for Uni, and how they changed their minds when people yelled at them enough.  Roll Eyes

I don't remember any other times Sam got involved, but I think he could be at the same level as Drea, if not a bit worse or better.
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 March 03, 20:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the screencap in this post at GoS makes for an interesting read:

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=10534.msg299874#msg299874

BeosBoxBoy and Numenor, you are class A fuckwits.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 March 03, 20:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the screencap in this post at GoS makes for an interesting read:

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=10534.msg299874#msg299874

BeosBoxBoy and Numenor, you are class A fuckwits.

I just saw that, and honestly, I was pretty surprised at Numenor. He's basically a free creator with one donation item, and the only reason it's even there is consistency. It's not like this is the "Numenor Must Be Destroyed" club or anything.  Roll Eyes

Also, you have to love the irony of the statement-- after all, he's bashing "pirates of any kind", yet MaxoidDrea essentially just gave pirates the go-ahead to ignore whatever parts of the EULA they want.

I sing along with elevator music.
Atlas
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 March 03, 20:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hee hee, that was a funny screencap!

It's rather shocking they have the wherewithall to wish cancer on people who would rather not go back to the days of Robin Hood's enemies' instincts. Ha freakin' ha, you selfish bastards.

I mean, c'mon. Stealing from the lazy and giving to the gamer - how is that unjust?

They need to get a god damn day job and focus on something more pressing, like their social bar.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 March 03, 20:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those people are lower than low to wish someone gets cancer over wether game custom content is paid for or not. Disgusting lowlifes.

Inactive
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 March 03, 20:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't have expected that from Numenor - it just seems so tasteless. I've admired him as a creator, and now - not so sure. Not that I'm going to uninstall his mods, but geez - what an ass. (Cancer-less, I hope.)
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 March 03, 20:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's exactly what's wrong about the "statement", it can be taken out of context ( whatever that is) and stretched anyway someone wants to pull it, as can be seen in numenor's post.

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 March 03, 20:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am fuming right now over that comment. If you lurk on over to GOS, you will see my reasoning, but I feel the need to doubley bitch!  Wink If Beos feels that passionate about the topic, great! But what he needs to do is get his lazy ass off the computer and go outside and get some fresh air. Obviously Sims 2 has become to "srs business" for him.

And Numenor? Way to let an old grudge go.  Roll Eyes It's surprising to see a man of his stature, still butthurt over something so small.

I wonder, can you post comments on Beos boy's blogger without needing an account? I'm sure he just needs a friendly reminder that the statement he holds in such high regards, was made by a bbs moderator.  Roll Eyes

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 March 03, 20:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a direct link to that blog, to see if it's even real? I'm asking because when Numenor was involved in the debate, he was very angry to be treated the same as a paysite like TSR. And not just because TSR had more payfiles.

Inactive
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 March 03, 20:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a direct link to that blog, to see if it's even real?

Yes Ma'am.

http://beosboxboy.blogspot.com/2009/03/pmbd-must-be-destroyed-or-something.html

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 March 03, 20:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you dear madam Smiley So how does one find out if that person is really Numenor? Undecided

Inactive
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 March 03, 20:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing if your on his friends list you would just click Stefano. I just tried it, and it says it's private. I guess we could always contact Numenor on MTS2 and ask if it was him since he frequents there a lot.

Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 March 03, 21:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, hey there Blue Soup.  I remember you!

Well, I'm not sure if that's good or bad, as I was quite a mess a couple of years ago Tongue  But I'm all better now Smiley

I really don't want this to change topics though.

Well, if you can't be a mess here, where can you?   Grin

Hauling the whole thing back on topic:

I just reread the statement, and I think I see what they're trying to say.  It's not an endorsement of paysites.  It's a half-assed attempt to get people to shut up about it on the BBS.  It's their statement of why they're going to be closing or removing all posts discussing paysites vs. pirates on the board.  In that context it makes sense.

Unfortunately being idiots they worded it in such a way that anyone could interpret it any way they wanted.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 03, 21:11:42 by Scurvy Cat » Logged

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 March 03, 21:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's hope it's not. I'm even a little surprised at Beosboxboy himself - first slamming Maxoid Drea and basically saying that what she says is completely unclear, then picking the convenient 'translation' that it's completely clear that 'paysites are not illegal' (even though in the same text it says the EULA still stands), then ranting at people that pick their own convenient 'translation' from the same unclear text, then telling them to get asscancer. (Well ok maybe only the asscancer bit is surprising. Cool)

Inactive
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 March 03, 21:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sick bastard.

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: