PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 19:08:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?  (Read 192776 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Re: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
« Reply #90 on: 2009 March 03, 10:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, hey there Blue Soup.  I remember you!

I really don't want this to change topics though.

Your wish is my absolute command. 

Good letter on the BBS. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 March 03, 10:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good letter on the BBS. 

Thanks Smiley  I hope when I mail it to them that it makes someone sit up and take notice.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2009 March 03, 12:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you going to make it into a petition? Because I'd sign that in a heartbeat. (And I remember you too. Welcome back)

Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 March 03, 13:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I laughed out loud for real when I read the kids responses to the letter.

"lik umm yea I didn't read it, too long and stufz but ok whatever u says"

If you did not read it, why would you ever post that you didn't, or make any comment at all?  English is not my first language, or even my second, it is my third , and I only been speaking it for around 3 years and I could read it no problem!

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Roxelane
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2009 March 03, 16:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhuh, make a new EULA and then put it in a new Sims 2 game so that we all have to agree to it before we use the game.  

I'm pretty sure we all agreed to "non-commercial", so what does the "sims team" even have to do with it?  For all we know the sims team could br Drea and her mates Steve and Thoma$$!

"Should" isn't legally binding is it?

The EULA is obligatory. Statement is Blabla Grin Grin

Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 March 03, 17:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimMaster Sweetie posts:

Oh, come on!  Is that really enough information? I don't think so. It was a jumbled mass of don't do it, but some people can if they want to.

It was, to paraphrase it: "We're not changing the EULA which states that you can't make a profit on our Content, but if people want to share their content they make and get cash in return, that's their business and we shouldn't punish them for it!"

I like Drea--she's a fabulous person. She's doing her job. When I was a SimMaster, I felt it was important to be neutral about everything, including how I felt about issues in the community. I'm sure she's bound the same way. I would hope that she's seen the other side of the fence regarding this paysite thing, but I can't be sure about that because it's her job to back up her team.

Cheesy Yes, Drea iz idiot.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 March 03, 17:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God! That stupid wee troll, how can she expect anyone to take the thread seriously? She is contradicting herself there, saying that they can go against the EULA, and that it's their business! Erm...no love, sorry, thats not gonna fly, you are a Maxoid, not a member of any legal department, just because you put it in some crappy 12 year olds BBS doesn't make it a lagal document, that one being, whatever EULA has shipped with the games people may or may not bought, and until they release something worthwhile, they cannot change the existing EULA.

Oh dear God, NO!!! What if they release a patch for the fucked up M&G stuff to fix their crap and before it allows you to install it, it has an updated EULA that you must agree to?
I know that won't happen(the patch I'm talking about), but could they actualy do something like that?

And, also, why has she posted that, and then done a disappearing act on the community? And where are the rest of her beloved "Sims Team?" I went to send her a message, but, alas, she doesn't allow that, grrrr!
jssimone
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 March 03, 17:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimMaster Sweetie makes me laugh too.  Grin

I don't care if EA says that paysites are the shickityshickness, I'm still not paying for game mods. Ever. I'd rather stop playing the game.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 March 03, 17:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AussieKoala6 is EA's little troll and shows that EA's still got some loyal fans.  Cheesy I see two of the ex mods are posting in it, funny stuff.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 March 03, 17:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the12s that posted on BBS without reading the whole thing make me worry about the future of this country Undecided

Anyway, Maxoid Drea's and the "Sims Team" (WTF?) statement is a new level of epic fail for SO many reasons.

1. EA didn't make this statement, Maxoid Drea and the "Sims Team" did. Unless it comes from the mouth of any of the EA big shots or their lawyers, that "statement" has no weight to it whatsoever. Not only that, but if it were a truly valid statement, it would be more than 2 paragraphs long and it would not be posted solely on BBS. Fail.

2. It's OK to violate the EULA? Great! I'm sure EA will be thrilled when they see people freely dishing out cracked versions of their games, since that's OK now Wink Maxoid Drea needs to be ready to lose her job over that one.

3. "Those terms should be respected by other players."  Should: a terrible word to use when you are trying to mandate something. Should means that, while it would be nice, we don't HAVE TO do it. It is also very, very, vague. These "artists" should respect the EULA, but they don't ( but that's OK now Wink ). These "artists" should respect the their patron's right to share their content and not place malicious files in said content to prevent it. The list goes on. Fail!

4. WTH is the "Sims Team"? I can have a few of my friends watch me post and call them the "Sims Team". Fail!

This "statement " does absolutely NOTHING and is just another opinion post in the paysite debate. Waste of energy. *Gets off soap-box*

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 2009 March 03, 17:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mean she was a troll as in our sense of the meaning, but a troll that are stupid ugly creatures.

So what about SimPE, doesn't that say that it can't be used for commercial use, and yet EA uses that? I'm trying to remember where I read that, that someone was looking at the files and discovered traces of SimPE in it, EA are happy to break their EULA and others, so why are we all so suprised by this, and why am I really angry with it all?
There are great creators out there, fantastic doesn't even cover them, and they don't ask for anything in return other than their stuff stays on free sites and that if you like it, hit the thank you button, and then you have Lord Darcy and Pescado among others, who actualy FIX the game, and don't ask fr anything, they then update it, along with some other creators, whenever a new EP or SP is released, I'm probably reading too much into this, but to me, they care about the community and that people can actualy PLAY the game, paysites don't, they release crap, and charge for it, there is nothing in their stuff that says that they made whaterver it was with TLC and enjoyed doing it and want to share it, they got their money, why should they care?
EA has just gone and slapped all the honest, caring creators in the face, or at least Drea has, I don't want to go down the road and blame EA for her statement, but unless they come back and say something on this matter, I will be.
I have been pretty undecided about The Sims 3, and the other week I decided I will buy it when it comes out, I am not buying it any longer, I am done lining EA's ever hungry pockets, if I want it, I'll ARRRR it, as they are basicaly saying that they don't mind now.
GRRRR they make me so angry now.

*Rant Mode OFF*
 Grin

EDIT: Because I typoed, my bad.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 March 03, 17:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4. WTH is the "Sims Team"? I can have a few of my friends watch me post and call them the "Sims Team". Fail!
ROFLMBO! I thought the whole use of "should" was quite indicative to the tone of vague they like to portray. They straddle the fence because they know that they've got fans on both sides of the website situation so they don't want to step on toes. However, we all know what happened with Humpty Dumpty. He had a great fall. Wink

That Aussie thread is giving me big time lulz. She's got to be MaxoidMonkey in disguise or something because she's definitely EA's toy.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 March 03, 18:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Aussie was causing some headache a few weeks ago saying that there is no proof that DRM causes problems with people's computers, and we all should just deal with it because its not a bad program.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 March 03, 18:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are great creators out there, fantastic doesn't even cover them, and they don't ask for anything in return other than their stuff stays on free sites and that if you like it, hit the thank you button, and then you have Lord Darcy and Pescado among others, who actualy FIX the game, and don't ask fr anything, they then update it, along with some other creators, whenever a new EP or SP is released, I'm probably reading too much into this, but to me, they care about the community and that people can actualy PLAY the game, paysites don't, they release crap, and charge for it, there is nothing in their stuff that says that they made whaterver it was with TLC and enjoyed doing it and want to share it, they got their money, why should they care?

And you know what's really funny? I remember when BV came out and Pes posted the anti redundancy fix on MATY, EA was officially sending people there to fix the game! Before they came out with a patch. Now we can't even mention it because it's forbidden. EA is really stupid.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2009 March 03, 18:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No - Drea says its forbidden.  I'm sorry, but I don't see that as EA at all - I'm pretty sure Drea is being paid under the table by Thomass and co.  She's spread lies and done her best to discredit Pes and recently tried to discredit Coconut too.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: