PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:37:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?  (Read 190840 times)
vexed
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
« Reply #75 on: 2009 March 03, 04:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I don't care what Drea says.  At this point I'm getting to where I don't even give a flying fuck about anything JR says.

EA shits on the awesome freesites and plays house with scumbags.  Fine, they want to play that way?  I'm feeling rather Robin Hood-ish right about now, and I've never liked scumbags -or- bullies.

I hate to say it, but that is likely exactly the response TSR and co. are looking for.

"Look!  EA came out and said we are A-OK and the pirates still wanna steel are stuffeths!  They said they'd stop pirating if EA said we were OK!  They are still teh EBILLLS!!!ZOMG!!!1!!11eleventyone!"

Visit Vexation Nation!

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you’re not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
–Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings, ASoIaF
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 March 03, 04:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who cares what the response of scumbags is to what we say or do? They'll twist things however they want, they'll "think" whatever they want. They are stupid con artist scum. I care what people I respect think of me, and the creeps at TSR are most definitely not people I respect.

Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 March 03, 04:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

meh, whatever   Roll Eyes

The EULA says paysites are wrong. 

Maxoid posts do not a legal document make.

End of story.

Now, how the Sims 3 EULA is made, that's a whole different kettle of fish.   Tongue
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 March 03, 05:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I don't care what Drea says.  At this point I'm getting to where I don't even give a flying fuck about anything JR says.

EA shits on the awesome freesites and plays house with scumbags.  Fine, they want to play that way?  I'm feeling rather Robin Hood-ish right about now, and I've never liked scumbags -or- bullies.

I hate to say it, but that is likely exactly the response TSR and co. are looking for.

"Look!  EA came out and said we are A-OK and the pirates still wanna steel are stuffeths!  They said they'd stop pirating if EA said we were OK!  They are still teh EBILLLS!!!ZOMG!!!1!!11eleventyone!"

No.  TSR wants us to go, "Oh, darn it, we were wrong, EA doesn't mind paysites.  Let's set free the booty and disband because we were wrong.  Sorry, TSR, our bad."

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 March 03, 05:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just because I am curious, although I understand if nobody has an answer for this: what exactly would Pescado do if EA did come out and declare themselves best buddies with paysites? Not that I think that is likely, mind you.

I sing along with elevator music.
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 March 03, 05:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No.  TSR wants us to go, "Oh, darn it, we were wrong, EA doesn't mind paysites.  Let's set free the booty and disband because we were wrong.  Sorry, TSR, our bad."

You can't set something free that already is... Wink  Everyone is focusing on the so called "nod of okay to paysites", but it didn't say we couldn't file share either.  In my eyes, they gave us the "nod of okay to PMBD".   Kiss

It's really too bad the creators of the user tools, like SimPE for example, don't have a clause about not using the program to create a file that can be profited from, whether it is pay-per-object or a subscription to the website.

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 March 03, 06:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what exactly would Pescado do if EA did come out and declare themselves best buddies with paysites? Not that I think that is likely, mind you.

Doomsday devise? -  Cheesy

Since it's his domain it's his call. I'd be surprised, though, if he rolled over and showed them his soft, pink belly. That's just not the Pescadian method of dealing with adversity.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 March 03, 06:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I understand, Pescado started the Booty because it would cause butthurt. It will always cause butthurt. I don't think he would shut it down. The question is, would people still contribute to the booty and keep it updated?

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
giggy
ARR!

Stompable giggy is stompable - ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 March 03, 06:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I understand, Pescado started the Booty because it would cause butthurt. It will always cause butthurt. I don't think he would shut it down. The question is, would people still contribute to the booty and keep it updated?
Actually I think that was the point. Also inorder to prolong the butthurt there must be people contributing. Otherwise the butthurt fails.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
I don't really understand this concept at all.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2009 March 03, 06:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the only way that sharing content would be non-kosher at this point would be:

a) EA releases some new version of Sims 2 add-on with a new EULA saying paysites are a-okay
b) pay content is released that requires new version of the game to work

They can't go back and time and change the EULA.  Maybe if they wanted to change it around NL or so, but then I'd still say anything that was basegame compatible would be fileshare friendly based on the basegame EULA.

Every current EP and SP has that file-share friendly EULA, and the whole library of Sims 2 shit is supposedly complete.  Paysites break every valid EULA for the game.  It doesn't really matter what EA says now.  They had their chance to fix things for years.  It's over now.  If anyone's unhappy with that fact, fuck 'em.  There's nothing that can be done.
giggy
ARR!

Stompable giggy is stompable - ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 March 03, 07:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS3 may have a modified EULA. However in regards to TS2, it's still illegal to sell .packages (Let alone encode them with spyware).

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
I don't really understand this concept at all.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 March 03, 07:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see anyone at EA legal being dumb enough to say that "Anybody who wants to can rip our stuff off and make money from it."  That would be tatamount to saying, "Sure, go ahead and pirate our software.  We don't want anything to thwart TSR in it's mission to make Thomas and Steve rich."

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2009 March 03, 08:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in other words:
Our EULA hasn't changed, but whomever decides to ignore it and do things that are expressly forbidden in our EULA, shall earn and deserve our respect and gratitude. We like it when people show complete contempt for our previoulsy stated policies.

Perfect.

This is my first post here, and after reading through the entire thread, I'm quite proud of it. Cheesy

It's such a pity it was split from page 262 to this - your victory is hollowed. Cheesy

Very odd... I always thought FA's got free subscriptions.  SA's do, I know that, because I still had a paid sub with a few months on it, when they decided SA's were free.

Both FAs and SAs get free subs.

You can't set something free that already is... Wink  Everyone is focusing on the so called "nod of okay to paysites", but it didn't say we couldn't file share either.  In my eyes, they gave us the "nod of okay to PMBD".   Kiss

Yep - and we have the letter to Noukie saying filesharing is fine.

These artists set their own terms for how they want to share their talents with the community at large. Those terms should be respected by other players.

This also infers that once you have the file and do something to it, it is your term, rather than the terms of the person who may have had input.  Surely Pescado's cleaning could be considered talent, and thus is fine with EA.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2009 March 03, 10:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly, some of them couldn't even read the entire post.  Fucking morons.

Well, hey there Blue Soup.  I remember you!

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 March 03, 10:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, hey there Blue Soup.  I remember you!

Well, I'm not sure if that's good or bad, as I was quite a mess a couple of years ago Tongue  But I'm all better now Smiley

I really don't want this to change topics though.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: