PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:44:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?  (Read 190877 times)
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
Re: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
« Reply #15 on: 2009 March 02, 22:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't wait to see Coconut's take on this!

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 March 02, 22:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same Maxoid who's responsible for our free publicity all over the BBS, is now coming out to endorse us by basically telling paysite owners to suck it up and cry moar about us disposing of pixels as we wish... Smooth Drea. I bet this isn't what Toma$$ payed you for!

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 March 02, 22:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they think we should respect others TOU then they need to close down the exchange... that is the biggest file sharing site in the business if you ask me! lol  Peggys newest donation hair was all over the place today!

Excellent point.  Grin  Everything gets shared by the exchange.   Honestly, it's the best "who can stop it" way to get paystuff out for free, even to people who may have moral issues about using the booty.

However, I'm going to play Devil's advocate for a moment.  No doubt this is the special message TSR was expecting to happen last week.  And, while I don't believe it really says anything, because the EULA hasn't changed, and that is the legally binding document, it is understandable that TSR would feel they have a victory and now have the right to gloat at thumb their noses at us.

And, you know as well as I do, that our refusal to accept this New SimWorld Order is going to be seen as further proof by TSR that we are the lowest of the low, because clearly, it is spelled out on that post, that paysites are groovy and cool, and if I want to charge 10 bucks for some gappy hair, using a mesh stolen from another site, I should be respected and paid.  

What I don't get though, is why the hell they even bothered. All it's going to do is make the community even more hostile.  Now TSR feels they have the green light, and we've practically been told by this "staff" (who's names we cannot even know) that they are right and we are wrong.  They now will feel that they are even more in the right than they believed they were before.

So, forewarned is forearmed.  I'm expecting some nasty ass shit to go down on Thomas's part.  What it will be, I don't know, but now the man is going to feel that he's got visible proof of EA's love and support for paysites.  If he has anything he's held back, it'll fly now.  

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 March 02, 22:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he has anything he's held back, it'll fly now.  

Ooh, I'd better stock up on popcorn!

Rovam
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 March 02, 22:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Eaxis fail
*snip*
...Those terms should be respected by other players.

Indeed.  Just as EA should stop systematically alienating their customers, they should have released a statement from someone more tangible than a mysterious "Sims team" and Thomas should stop being a complete waste of human life.

So much fail in one little message!  I especially love the "We strive to provide players with tools that enable them to customize and personalize their game experience" bit.  'Cause, y'know, it's not like 90% of the custom content out there was produced using tools the community has made, or anything.  Let's not forget all those CC-creating tools they've promised everyone for TS3, either!  Roll Eyes
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 March 02, 22:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So much fail in one little message!  I especially love the "We strive to provide players with tools that enable them to customize and personalize their game experience" bit. 'Cause, y'know, it's not like 90% of the custom content out there was produced using tools the community has made, or anything.  Let's not forget all those CC-creating tools they've promised everyone for TS3, either!

By "tools" I think they might be referring to either "Homecrafter" or "Drea". It's a toss up, really.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 March 02, 23:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget body Slop.

ETA: Well, I should correct the typo I made, but I rather like it.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 02, 23:07:57 by Darqstar » Logged

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 March 02, 23:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sharing art online is a hobby

Apart from the EULA isn't that what we have always maintained that CC making is a hobby.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2009 March 02, 23:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A very vague statement, in my opinion.  And also by their statement, they couldn''t exactly be approving of the way Thomas treats his staff either, as FA stuff can end up becoming free without their permission, purely because  Thomas seems to think he owns anything that is hosted on his site.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 March 02, 23:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, forewarned is forearmed.  I'm expecting some nasty ass shit to go down on Thomas's part.  What it will be, I don't know, but now the man is going to feel that he's got visible proof of EA's love and support for paysites.  If he has anything he's held back, it'll fly now.  

You are wearing the same tin foil hat as me. In otherwords, I agree. This week may be..enlightening.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2009 March 02, 23:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas seems to think he owns anything that is hosted on his site.

Actually, when you submit there, you agree that they do own your stuff and can do with it as they wish.  That's why only FA's can delete their own files.

ETA:

You are wearing the same tin foil hat as me. In otherwords, I agree. This week may be..enlightening.

Oh yeah.  I mean, I don't think he can really do much but bluster, but he ought to be up to some pretty wild shenanigan.  If I have to hazard a guess, his next weapon will be his Sooper Dooper Sekret "Take Down Coconut," Raygun. 

pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 March 02, 23:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agree with Kutto, she lost me at "PLZ."

Hey, if you anagram "DREA" it makes "AR'ed"..... is she trying to send us a secret message?

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 March 02, 23:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA and the official site just baffle the hell out of me. This post... well, it doesn't make any sense. "The EULA hasn't changed, but if you want to break it we're okay with that"? I can only assume that EA isn't okay with people ARRR-ing their games... so only SOME kinds of EULA-breaking activity is acceptable?

I can also only assume the higher ups at EA didn't know this was going to be stated. Otherwise, well, wouldn't they just change the EULA to include paysites? And honestly, I am still confused as to why it is even in EA's interest not to stompinate paysites into the ground. They are competing with EA. If gamers only have so much money to put towards the game and they're already subscribing to, say, T$R, why would they go to the Sims Store? (Or whatever they're calling it these days.)

Seriously, I have no idea what they are trying to do with this post.

I sing along with elevator music.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 March 02, 23:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So basically this is just Drea and her friends team telling us we should play nice, amirite? Sorry but until EA officially says "Why yes, yes we do" it doesn't mean anything.

But ya TSR is gonna milk that for all it's worth. Hats people, hats.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 March 02, 23:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a bit of a question, which is a bit off topic but still about the TSR. Maybe Darqstar might know.

Do the FA's get a free sub to the TSR? I was over there hunting down a mesh when I read a comment in someones thank yous. It was from an FA saying thanks for the mesh and she could not wait for one of her free days to download it. So I got the impression that Thomass even makes his slaves pay if they want each others stuff.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: