PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 22:25:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?  (Read 192835 times)
justso
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
« Reply #525 on: 2009 March 18, 16:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's true, it is one more indication that someone obviously doesn't want EA to know about the goings on in the sim community.  I signed that petition too.  If the petition is going to be hacked every time it is put up we need a better way of conveying our feelings to EA and draw attention to the mess TSR and drea are creating.  Just going to hang on for bluesoup to say something though see what has really happened.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2009 March 18, 16:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's true, it is one more indication that someone obviously doesn't want EA to know about the goings on in the sim community.  I signed that petition too.  If the petition is going to be hacked every time it is put up we need a better way of conveying our feelings to EA and draw attention to the mess TSR and drea are creating.  Just going to hang on for bluesoup to say something though see what has really happened.

You could write a letter your self personally. If you don't know what to write then just copy/paste Blue's letter. Or just not buy their games, and Arr! them. You could even start a gaming blog, not just sims related, for people to put up stories on how they have been screwed by EA. Then you could send the url to some of the large internet gaming news websites, they could do a feature. Or post a "Don't believe EA!" on their BBS. You will probably get banned but there's a good chance some sheeps will see it before it's deleted. Start creating things, submitting them to TSR, but include a readme with the links to PMBD and coconut. Or even name all your creations with some variations of PMBD/coconut.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 2009 March 18, 16:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Think there's a way to weave subliminal anti-EA messages into clothing textures and get them posted at TSR?  Grin
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2009 March 18, 17:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already wrote to EA at redwood,  I did that when coconut posted the address, just before the last blog was pulled.  it wasn't as good as bluesoup's but had all the relevant info.   

Something happened to the petition. I did not close it, but it is closed and all the signatures are gone from the excel list it's supposed to generate. I've sent a support email and hopefully they'll be able to restore it, but I really have no idea (and didn't receive any email) as to what's happened.

Ongoing discussion at blackpearlsims
« Last Edit: 2009 March 18, 18:01:14 by justso » Logged
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2009 March 18, 19:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does appear that my petition was hacked, yes.  I have no idea how or who by, but I can take a guess...  I've written a third email to their technical support centre, but this time I didn't send it through my petition control panel, so I'm hoping this makes a difference.  If it was TSR, then WTF will EA have to say about that?  The most hideous, vile, fucking disgusting behaviour is supported?  They'll get any more of my money over my dead body.

I will still be sending my letter to them, regardless of what happens.

Coconut, you reading??? 
« Last Edit: 2009 March 18, 19:15:39 by BlueSoup » Logged
giggy
ARR!

Stompable giggy is stompable - ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2009 March 18, 19:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut should investigate the matter, once she has evidence, she should give it to bluesoup for the letter.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
I don't really understand this concept at all.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2009 March 18, 19:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Online petitions = FAIL. Snail mail = Win. I've said it before, and I maintain that belief. Wink

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 2009 March 18, 19:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was going to print out the list and send it along with my letter.  If the petition is not recoverable, then I'll still be mailing the letter regardless.  I would encourage everyone else to do so as well, but that's up to everyone else.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2009 March 18, 19:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will definitely write again. This time I will make sure it doesn't go to the sims 2 team.  As for the hacking, I think any talk of hacking would have been via PM, it's only the minor schmucks who are willing to announce in the FA forum what they are up to, so unless it was Padre333 (snicker) or Dot (even bigger snicker) doubt if anything will get back to Coconut.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2009 March 19, 00:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry about what happend, Blue.   Is there a way to get IP's of people who hacked?  Yes, we know TSR is great for using IP hiding software, but most of it comes from HideMy IP, so if it shows up as one of their IP's, we can be pretty sure it was TSR.  Tom bought a copy for Anita even!

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2009 March 19, 00:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well so far I haven't even received a reply from the petition people :\  So who knows what's going to happen.  I'm still supremely pissed and outraged though!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: 2009 March 19, 00:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't blame you, Blue.  That is pretty outrageous.  I didn't sign the petition, because I am weird about my name being out there, but I can certainly write a letter.  Do we have addys?  Where are you sending yours?

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2009 March 19, 01:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Electronic Arts
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA  94065

Attn: Sam ____________ (I haven't bothered looking for his last name yet, anyone know it off-chance?)

Pescado tells me this Sam guy was sacked ages ago.  Anyone know who is in charge of the Sims 2 faction over there now?
« Last Edit: 2009 March 19, 01:25:31 by BlueSoup » Logged
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: 2009 March 19, 02:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rod Humble is in charge oof the Sims, in general, anyway.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2009 March 19, 02:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Electronic Arts
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA  94065

Attn: Sam ____________ (I haven't bothered looking for his last name yet, anyone know it off-chance?)

Pescado tells me this Sam guy was sacked ages ago.  Anyone know who is in charge of the Sims 2 faction over there now?

Yeah, addressing it "Dear Jerk" wouldn't win us any favors, even if I sometimes feel it's true. 

Couldn't people put "To Whom It May Concern?"  instead?  I usually put that, because sometime things change so fast in this industry, that the person who was in charge when you mailed it, might not be the person in charge by the time the letter arrives.  They might be transfered to another department instead. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: