PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:49:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Baby Roaster Excluded From Ballot! ROCK THE VOTE!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Baby Roaster Excluded From Ballot! ROCK THE VOTE!  (Read 22668 times)
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Baby Roaster Excluded From Ballot! ROCK THE VOTE!
« Reply #45 on: 2009 February 26, 14:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can delete our posts but you can't delete our freedom!

Or not.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 February 26, 15:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, I seem to recall a famous Scots saying something along them lines  Grin.

I just read the reply to my post over there, and she is reffering to us as "Sheeple" that come and bang out pots and pans on Pescados command. Last I checked, we were not controlled by Pes, which is a the complete lie truth, of course we are, and we are able to make a decision for ourselves, I'm not sure what other peoples motives are behind their posts, but mine are to do with principals, what they are saying is contradicting themselves, that it's an issue it being in the poll because the file isn't hosted on MTS2 servers, but that it's not a problem it being on the site because it links directly to the file?
Are they expecting me or us to just bow down to them and accept their way of thinking as the law and that it must never ever be questioned? If the have a problem with people expressing their opinions and concerns in a PUBLIC forum, and not sugar coating their opinions, then maybe they should consider removing that system all together.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 February 26, 15:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand why people are comparing MTS2 with TSR, but I also feel its a bit unfair.

I think deleting the comments about the babyroaster were unfair.  My comment was not mean, I did not demand.  I said, counted or not, I wanted to vote for the baby roaster on the basis of its quality.  So yes, I'm miffed at MTS2.

However, being miffed doesn't justify calling them another TSR.  TSR is far worse.  TSR may edit comments, but that's not what most people think of when they think of TSR lately.  TSR is under fire for a lot of reasons that MST2 has never done and (hopefully) never will.  Delphy has not shared private information, he has not tried to exploit a dying person, as far as I know he has not made people sign a sacred oath before they can enter certain parts of the site.  

The problem with saying, "You're becoming another TSR," is that like it or not, it heavily implies that they are guilty of doing everything TSR does, not just one aspect and a milder one at that.  Yes, deleting comments doesn't seem right, but the last I checked, our major gripes with TSR have nothing almost nothing to do with editing comments.

And, to give MtS2 credit, there is evidence that comments were left.  On TSR, the entire thread would be deleted in seconds, and it would look as if it never existed.

Telling MTS2 and the world that MTS2 is becoming another TSR would be almost like saying to someone who is publishing independent music, "Wow, you're just like Charles Manson!"   Yes, the person and C.M do share one common trait, both of them are producing independent music, but, when you think of Charles Manson, his music is not the first thing that comes to mind.   Psychopathic nutjob comes first.  

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 February 26, 15:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand why people are comparing MTS2 with TSR, but I also feel its a bit unfair.

I think deleting the comments about the babyroaster were unfair.  My comment was not mean, I did not demand.  I said, counted or not, I wanted to vote for the baby roaster on the basis of its quality.  So yes, I'm miffed at MTS2.

However, being miffed doesn't justify calling them another TSR.  TSR is far worse.  TSR may edit comments, but that's not what most people think of when they think of TSR lately.  TSR is under fire for a lot of reasons that MST2 has never done and (hopefully) never will.  Delphy has not shared private information, he has not tried to exploit a dying person, as far as I know he has not made people sign a sacred oath before they can enter certain parts of the site.  

Since I was one of the people comparing MTS2 and TSR, I think I should probably clarify, though of course I can't speak for anybody else. I don't think MTS2=TSR. I was upset that they felt the need to delete comments that were on topic, politely written, and did not break any explicitly stated rules, an unnecessary tactic TSR seems fond of utilizing. However, that's where the similarities end in my eyes. As you pointed out, MTS2 has never pulled any of the number of terrible stunts TSR has pulled.

I sing along with elevator music.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 February 26, 16:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MtS2 will never be like tsr to the extent some people are implying.  It seems saying that someone is like tsr/thomass/atwat is the sims community version of calling somebody a nazi and it makes just as much sense.  None.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: 2009 February 26, 16:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never thought I'd see the day, but I agree with missangelica.

They're not being freaking nazi's about this. They explained why they didn't put it up for voting, then explained it again and again. Deleting the posts was a bit much, but then they explained why they did that as well. When is the last time you saw any debate and explainations on TSR? They just delete and to hell with what anyone thinks. The whole ZOMG-you're-JUST-like-them attitude is way over the top. You can disagree with their reasons but not with the way they handled it. The BBQ didn't fit with the child theme they had in mind. Anyone can see that and if you pretend you can't, you're grasping at technicalities, which I think is less than fair towards them.

MTS2 is far from being like TSR.

TapThatBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 February 26, 16:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my own personal opinion, and as I have been someone who compared them I feel I should clarify this point, my only comparison is with the censorship, which is something I also stated in my post there and here, any other similarities end there as they are non-existant. I can only speak for myself however. I can also understand why they deleted posts and no put it p for vote, what I cannot understand is the way that they are putting across that it's their way and no other way.
Like I mentioned before, it is a public forum, so people should be able to express their opinions on the matters, as long as it is kept friendly and polite, it is still a multi-age site after all, and with no abuse thrown at the people themselves, just their methods.
Other peoples posts there were on the topic of the challenge itself, while I never got to read the first batch of deleted posts, the others I could see no reason to delete, most of them made valid points.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2009 February 26, 17:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would they delete a thread asking to put the BBQ in the vote? That would be censorship. Deleting comments in a voting thread is a bit lame in this particular case, but not all that strange.

jssimone
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 February 26, 17:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't compare MTS2 to T$R for deleting my comment. I'm comparing them to the BBS, where rules for deletion get established after the fact.

I left a comment that said something like "What happened to the Babby Roaster? I vote for that" and I posted it before HP or Delphy chimed in with their reasoning for keeping the roaster out. I was one of the first comments. Now, I could understand deleting it if I had posted it after they explained their reasoning for excluding the roaster and I was being a dickbag annoyance that wouldn't let it die, but that's not the case. My post broke no rules and wasn't at all inflammatory. But it was still deleted, followed up by being insulted and called a sheep.  Undecided

But that's still minor compared to T$R nonsense. I'll get over my post being deleted at MTS2, I'll never get over T$R passing around personal information like cake at a wedding.
Kaitlyn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 February 26, 17:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, now, what you should have done, Pescado, was make the baby roaster usable by children; that way the mods couldn't say it wasn't for kids.  Or made a version that was only usable by children.  And autonomous.  For those 12s who are jealous of the new baby.  Don't leave them alone with free will on and nothing better to do...   Cheesy   
TapThatBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 February 26, 18:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And after the repy to my post where we were all called sheep and insulted, I was going to reply to that, but thought that I would drop it over there and allow them to concentrate on the actual competeition itself rather than the BBQ. I don't take back what I said, but I wont insult someone directly like that when I don't know them personaly, if they wish to insult us, that is up to them, but i will not lower myself to that level.
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 February 26, 19:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I thought the sheeple comment was unnecessary. I don't think that a group of people who share the same opinion about something is quite the same as a bunch of people who do whatever they are told. It insinuated that Pescado has a bunch of weak willed slaves here, doing his bidding.
I_luv_the_booty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 February 26, 22:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I thought the sheeple comment was unnecessary. I don't think that a group of people who share the same opinion about something is quite the same as a bunch of people who do whatever they are told. It insinuated that Pescado has a bunch of weak willed slaves here, doing his bidding.

Well not here anyway...
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 February 26, 23:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well not here anyway...

*Laughs* 

BTW?  Your icon rules.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 February 27, 04:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you guys are right for the comparison. But I will agree with what others have said, in that the comparsion wasn't on all equal levels. It more or less comparing deletion of comments. Yes TSR may get rid of the whole conversation, but they also have just deleted said comments that didn't say "OMG I wuv you!" That is what my comparison meant. But after cooling down I do see how it was a bit harsh and apologize.  Tongue

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: