PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:32:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Baby Roaster Excluded From Ballot! ROCK THE VOTE!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Baby Roaster Excluded From Ballot! ROCK THE VOTE!  (Read 22672 times)
kimc
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Baby Roaster Excluded From Ballot! ROCK THE VOTE!
« Reply #15 on: 2009 February 25, 21:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I specifically looked for the baby roaster in the polls and was utterly amazed it wasn't there! I think there were about 4 submissions for wallpaper (one being mine, I was specifically encouraged by one of the mods to enter) and none of those made it either  Sad Soggy and Pes.... I feel for ya  Cry

See my stuff at MTS2
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 February 25, 21:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The votes were all deleted by Delphy. No fair.

Has MTS2 been taking lessons from TSR??

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 February 25, 22:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wellll.... to be perfectly honest, if the babbyroaster had been up, I'd have voted for something else. But now I can't! It's just the principle of the thing!  Tongue

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 February 25, 22:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would have voted for the baby roaster. It's the only thing in that theme that I downloaded and it works great. Now when you want to get rid of a baby you just grill it then delete it from the family tree in SimPE.
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 February 25, 22:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The votes were all deleted by Delphy. No fair.

Has MTS2 been taking lessons from TSR??

Exactly what I said over at MATY! I absolutely detest TSR, and the day MTS2 turns into that site I am never looking back. What would have been so difficult about putting the babby roaster up on the vote and disabling the comments anyway? I mean, they already let him post the thing.

I sing along with elevator music.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2009 February 25, 23:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess was that they were deleted because they don't want folks trying to get something voted for that's not in the list.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 February 26, 00:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vote anyway! Show them that the will of the people cannot be denied! Even the deleted post still stands as a record of the original vote, and accomplishes exactly what they didn't want.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 February 26, 02:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok if they don't want to put the roaster up for whatever reason, fine. But I can't believe they deleted all the posts. It's not like anyone was being attacked or anyone was being offensive. It was just innocent fun. I thought they would at least have a sense of humour about it. I always thought they were kinda lulzy and it's unfortunate to see that they actually kinda suck. Just because they can.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 February 26, 02:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I put down:

While I can understand why the BBQ wasn't added to the vote, it begs the question, "Why allow it on the site if it isn't hosted by the site, and if it was, would it be on the list to be voted for?"
I feel that this pole has gone down the route of TSR censorship, and that people voicing their opinons on the matter will not have a say in it and anything they say will be deleted. If the BBQ not being hosted on this site is a problem, why was it allowed to be put on here in the first place?

I wonder how long it will be there for?

I wanted to say more, but I didn't know what would be a deletion thing.

Edit: Because I fail at quoteing myself  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2009 February 26, 02:53:39 by TapThatBooty » Logged
novastar
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 February 26, 02:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even more lulzy is the warnings given to those who vocalise support for our dear Babby Roaster.  Cheesy
ooglafina
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2009 February 26, 02:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody should go through all the other contest entries from every other contest and check to see if they were posted elsewhere and ask that they be disqualified too.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 February 26, 02:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a way though, the fact that it's not on there is giving it more attention.  If it was on and it lost, all the people running around in panic mode would be telling us, "See, we told you it was evil!  Thank god this community isn't all like you!" 

This way, it looks more like they didn't include it for fear it would have won.  And won't that put a gigantic hair up the butts of some of these people who are still whining about the baby roaster. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2009 February 26, 03:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it would be a travesty if the damn thing won, so what's the big deal?  It very well may be the best made...  Though I have to say, I really liked those slides.  But it's better made and more complicated than a majority of the items.  If you're going to have so many categories instead of just one short list of nominations, it seems pretty damn ridiculous to have a set of deco items like Phaenoh's in the modded objects category and leave out the roaster.  Not knocking the quality of the deco items, but they are just barely in the modded item category to begin with.  It's almost like they were put in that one just to make the category look "full enough" sans roaster.
ooglafina
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 February 26, 03:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize now that they meant that it was because it was an offsite link. I forgot. So I assume that nobody else does that. That still sounds like a pointless reason to exclude it. Sounds like a "we pulled this out of our asses" kind of rule.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 February 26, 03:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it would be a travesty if the damn thing won, so what's the big deal?  It very well may be the best made...  Though I have to say, I really liked those slides.  But it's better made and more complicated than a majority of the items.  If you're going to have so many categories instead of just one short list of nominations, it seems pretty damn ridiculous to have a set of deco items like Phaenoh's in the modded objects category and leave out the roaster.  Not knocking the quality of the deco items, but they are just barely in the modded item category to begin with.  It's almost like they were put in that one just to make the category look "full enough" sans roaster.

In Phaenoh's defense, they aren't just deco. Granted it may not have been as complicated to build as Pes's babby roaster, but she did mod some objects.

Why would they even allow Pes to post, AND give him the profile deco of being in the damn contest if they aren't going to let him compete in the polls? Are they that butthurt after some people in the community said they hated MTS2 for even allowing Pes to post? Just seems like a cop out on MTS part.

Edited to say:

I guess you missed entirely HPs post then, didn't you? She specifically stated (as I did) that there are other reasons it's not included in this poll. Selective reading does not a good point make. I suggest you also go read HPs post after you read this.

I deleted the posts becuase I had already said to people to only vote for things that are in the list and people ignored my explicit instructions. Sorry but that means posts get deleted.

I just read that from Delphy. Quite frankly that pisses me off, mostly because he didn't say "If you aren't going to vote then don't comment." So because people are expressing their feelings of displeasure with MTS and not allowing the roaster to get posted, he gets to delete them? Fuck that. Boaderline TSR territory there.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: