PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:09:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sims Cave may be under attack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims Cave may be under attack  (Read 22770 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: Sims Cave may be under attack
« Reply #15 on: 2009 February 25, 10:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Pescado host Sims Cave? If so - yay! Smiley I'm just starting to actually post there, I'd hate to see anything happen to them!
Yes. And Simscave is mirrored to 3 seperate countries on a daily basis, same as Coconut, so any attack up to and including nuclear strike is futile.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 February 25, 22:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Short and sweet, huh? No rants needed.
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 February 25, 22:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, it's a good thing Pescado is so on top of things. I can't believe all these increased attacks on freesites that have been happening... if I didn't already hate paysites, this would definitely push me there.

I sing along with elevator music.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 February 25, 23:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You think they'd do it via PM wouldn't you, just so they didn't look so silly in public.

It would not be in his character to not do it in public. Owing to the fact that we do not bash free creators here, I won't go into it but lets just say he is a bit of a character. Seems he's been busy reporting the links to the downloads in the SharingArea already - mediafrier has fried some of them.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 February 26, 02:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's one free site attacking another. I think the pointstore is cute, but a better format would be to have sparse items and once someone has the gathered points (from special contests or whatever, not from being obliged to participate in yet another sims 2 forum) the item is released on the site for everyone, but named after the person, dedicated to them, whatever. Exclusivity is really annoying. Wanting to force people to talk and talk untill they have enough points just to get something is even more annoying.

Inactive
Lirael
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 February 26, 02:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You think they'd do it via PM wouldn't you, just so they didn't look so silly in public.

It would not be in his character to not do it in public. Owing to the fact that we do not bash free creators here, I won't go into it but lets just say he is a bit of a character. Seems he's been busy reporting the links to the downloads in the SharingArea already - mediafrier has fried some of them.

I know the guy somewhat and he is indeed a bit of a character.
I dont truly understand why a free creator would be worried that their stuff is available elsewhere for free? If someone wanted my stuff that badly it was on a site like Sims Cave I would be jumping up and down in glee, not trying to get it all removed. Maybe I am just weird. Undecided
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 February 26, 02:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he's eying up a move to TSR?

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 February 26, 02:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a character indeed. I just assumed he was a paysite owner since he was complaining about his files being shared. Er, my apologies to him, I guess.

I sing along with elevator music.
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 February 26, 02:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people only seem to be motivated to create because they want to hear how good their stuff is. It's the same with writing or any other talent. They don't do it because they enjoy it; they enjoy the attention that people give them and they like knowing that people have to work/ pay to get their creations.
Lirael
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 February 26, 03:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He has some sort of gift or something for people who donate, I dont know what it is however. When he first started it was just a little "donator" thingy in your profile. He has changed his site and all since then though, and you need to be logged in to donate, and see what the "gift" is.

Some people only seem to be motivated to create because they want to hear how good their stuff is. It's the same with writing or any other talent. They don't do it because they enjoy it; they enjoy the attention that people give them and they like knowing that people have to work/ pay to get their creations.
Your right about that. to me it's the same mentality as the paysite owner.
runswithscissors
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2009 February 26, 03:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't receive a gift when I donated. As far as I knew there wasn't one. But he's lied to me once, I wouldn't be surprised if he did again. I used to be a "Charmed One" (Mod) on there. He demoted me cause I kept asking him if he knew or was Eric DeMars. And he kept telling me no. I know he is because when I donated, my paypal receipt said the donation when to Eric DeMars. Now tell me, how the blue hell do you not know who owns your site? It's funny cause I have visible proof he at least knows Eric DeMars. I've shown him. All he can say is, "I don't know him or I'm done talking.". I think the reason why he denies it is because of him getting caught by the Animal Army (and others) for stealing from Helaene and Hairfish plus calling him out for pretending to be Helaene on her own guestbook!!
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 February 26, 06:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does whoever this is post stuff under his real name? Because I'd rather not have his real name sitting out there if he doesn't. I have no idea who we're talking about here, just sayin'.

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 February 26, 09:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a post on the sims cave from a user edemars in support of leo's post.
Rum_Pig
Landlubber

Oink!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 February 26, 09:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the slightest feeling that the other people that are now going on the SimsCave and asking to remove the Charmed sims files are the same person.

Either that, or they're too lazy to type their own excuses.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 February 26, 10:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another thought occurs to me: I looked through the Simscave directory when I noticed it seemed rather small, and as it turns out, Simscave doesn't *HAVE* anything that CAN be removed, as Simscave doesn't appear to be hosting any files. So this would be pointless, anyway.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: