PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 22:06:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Reflex forum is now closed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reflex forum is now closed  (Read 90559 times)
karu
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Reflex forum is now closed
« Reply #105 on: 2009 February 13, 19:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomass' reply to fallonc after she closed her TSR membership:

"Hi there

The closure of the Reflexsims Forums is nothing to do with TSR. We have no influence over their site or forums. As we understand it, the owner of the website has passed ownership of their forums to someone else.

TSR promotes other fansites and positively encourages them, as we understand that we need diversity in our community, we certainly don’t think we should be the only site."

Passed ownership to someone else?  As in selling the domain name or *shudder* selling it to tsr?
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 February 13, 19:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR promotes other fansites and positively encourages them, as we understand that we need diversity in our community, we certainly don’t think we should be the only site."

Of course they do!  They need places to find their next FA's. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 February 13, 19:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All sarcasm aside, does he really think people are this damn dumb after seeing what just happened over the course of a day or two?

Of course he does. To him, if he says it, its true. So when the paypal pictures came out, he said they were not sharing people's personal info, so that means they are not. He can't rap his head around the thought that people from other sites are wrong and he is right.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Jonesi
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2009 February 13, 19:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomass' reply to fallonc after she closed her TSR membership:

"Hi there

The closure of the Reflexsims Forums is nothing to do with TSR. We have no influence over their site or forums. As we understand it, the owner of the website has passed ownership of their forums to someone else.

Passed ownership to someone else?  As in selling the domain name or *shudder* selling it to tsr?

I think he meant Marcela passed ownership of the forum to Greeksgal, therefore Marcela has nothing to do with the forum closing, except that Greeksgal obviously has her head so far up Marcelas ass she can't see straight.

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2009 February 13, 19:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't imagine it smells too good in there.  Lips sealed

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 February 13, 19:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh how he loves to try to hide behind semantics and "formalities". Wow he truly lives in a world his own? A greedy, dark piece of shit world. Too bad he can't just disappear into it forever... Undecided

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 February 13, 19:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds to me like more of Thomass saying "La, La, It never happened.  Prove it.  It wasn't us.  Must have been somebody else. You should blame the pirates. TSR never does anything against the community.  Don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain." etc

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 February 13, 19:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds to me like more of Thomass saying "La, La, It never happened.  Prove it.  It wasn't us.  Must have been somebody else. You should blame the pirates. TSR never does anything against the community.  Don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain." etc

lol, That sure as hell sounds like it. Skirt responsibility from himself and the site.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 February 13, 20:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talk about a backfire. Thomas/TSR do not seem to, still, understand how this community works and how people will react. Demanding someone who has little control over a forum (she lost power over it a long time ago) to enforce something is obviously going to go wrong..interesting how wrong it did go, really: in an attempt to hush the forum down about anti paysite views, the forum is gone, yes, but its now become big news/gossip. The forum is being reborn with more people attracted to it. The forum was a bigger attraction then the main Reflex sites, so talk about an idiotic move. More people on the new site and more people are aware of the anti paysite views that they wanted to hush down.

I look forward to the new forum. Although 'BlackPearl' seems unsuiting to how light and nice the forum atmosphere it, it will be nice to have its own identity away from Marcella and Carol. Good luck to Jonesi and co!

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 February 13, 21:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talk about a backfire. Thomas/TSR do not seem to, still, understand how this community works and how people will react. Demanding someone who has little control over a forum (she lost power over it a long time ago) to enforce something is obviously going to go wrong..interesting how wrong it did go, really: in an attempt to hush the forum down about anti paysite views, the forum is gone, yes, but its now become big news/gossip. The forum is being reborn with more people attracted to it. The forum was a bigger attraction then the main Reflex sites, so talk about an idiotic move. More people on the new site and more people are aware of the anti paysite views that they wanted to hush down.

I look forward to the new forum. Although 'BlackPearl' seems unsuiting to how light and nice the forum atmosphere it, it will be nice to have its own identity away from Marcella and Carol. Good luck to Jonesi and co!

TSR: One Of Us! One Of Us!

Differing opinions aren't allowed on a forum! Beleted! Evidence is like science. Totally a fad.

Oh, the schadenfreude is thick today
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 February 13, 23:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado adds another well known, much loved site to Pescado World while Thomass, the ruthless businessman without a brain, is left wiping even more egg off his face. I think this is possibly the stupidest thing he's done to date. But let's make sure-

- insists on hiring the most unstable woman in the community, atwat, over and over again.  Even lies about it to his own staff
- he and his slimeball whores (also known as FAs) are busted gleefully sharing the personal information of their own site's members
- is widely suspected of carrying out attacks on other sites (both pay and free) in an attempt to destroy TSR's competition
- EA Land (snicker)
- freaks out when it's discovered that he's asking the TSR idiots to sign confidentiality agreements in an attempt to keep TSR's underhanded business practices kept secret
- attempts to secure tools from EA which would make custom content exclusive to the whores of TSR
- is involved in the destruction of a healthy, much loved community made up of over 50,000 members

It's close but, yup, this may be the dumbest move of all. But hey, don't stop there, Thomass! TSR is well on it's way to becoming the most hated site of any gaming community, ever.

Issy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 February 13, 23:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to propose a vote of thanks for Thoma$$. He is working so very hard to pull the Sims community together. What happened at RFS is the proof. He interferes, the community pulls closer together. If he backed off, so many people would stay on the fence, he helps people make their minds up.

Someone though should explain to him what was obviously lost in translation... the difference between " Divide and conquer" and "Destroy and unite"

oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 February 13, 23:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to propose a vote of thanks for Thoma$$.
Someone though should explain to him what was obviously lost in translation... the difference between " Divide and conquer" and "Destroy and unite"

Truer words not spoken, Issy. I think the distinction there is just too darn subtle for his like to understand.
All hail the Black Pearl! Christen with rum?
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 February 14, 00:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think EA and TSR share a common bond with greed driven epic fails. Perhaps that's why they're butt-buddies Cheesy

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 February 14, 16:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issy well said! Keep up the good work Thoma$$!  Shocked

I think EA and TSR share a common bond with greed driven epic fails. Perhaps that's why they're butt-buddies Cheesy
I always figured they were secretly pirates..some how!  Grin

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: