PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:59:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Reflex forum is now closed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reflex forum is now closed  (Read 89470 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: Reflex forum is now closed
« Reply #255 on: 2009 February 19, 20:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, it makes sense. Looks like a map you get if you use BodyPaint, which is available with Cinema4D. And as far as i know, she uses it to create her meshes. The reason for those extremly weird maps is, that you paint the mesh in the program like using photoshop in 3D and the program creates the UV map and applies the colors to it automaticaly. This way, you can get almost perfectly textured surfaces (no distortion effects, smooth transition between different parts of the mesh etc. etc.) but the UV map is almost unusable for anyone not working with BodyPaint and Cinema.

Don't nail me down on this, but i am pretty sure this is the explanation for this somewhat strange mapping Smiley

But her other mesh is mapped differently - with logic, and not at all like that. If she used Cinema4D, it would have a similar bizarre map - but it's like Heidi's map. If it was the same with the other mesh, argument could be made - but that looks to me like a box mesh remap. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: 2009 February 19, 20:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But her other mesh is mapped differently - with logic, and not at all like that. If she used Cinema4D, it would have a similar bizarre map - but it's like Heidi's map. If it was the same with the other mesh, argument could be made - but that looks to me like a box mesh remap. 

Maybe different mapping mode. You can set some parameters which mapping methods should be used. This results in completely different maps from classic style maps similar to Milkshape etc. to those "optimized" maps. But i can't tell for sure.

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: 2009 February 19, 20:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe different mapping mode. You can set some parameters which mapping methods should be used. This results in completely different maps from classic style maps similar to Milkshape etc. to those "optimized" maps. But i can't tell for sure.

I think you're reaching for the bizarre explanation, when there's a perfectly good non-bizarre one.  I don't change my settings and do them over when meshing, so I fail to see why she would change them so rapidly this one time. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Jonesi
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: 2009 February 19, 21:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't surprise me at all, infact apart from feeling bad for Heidi it makes me chuckle a little that one person could fail so much in such a short space of time. Thank god we're no longer associated with her crappy site!

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2009 February 19, 21:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did Heidi make that mesh from scratch or use a premade 3D source? They are too similar for both to claim to be made from scratch. Either Marcella has yoinked it, or they both used a premade 3D object. Did not see it stated that Heidi had made it from scratch, so correct me if I missed that.

Also, is it just my suspicious mind, or do you think TSR gave Nanu a nudge to make a gift to save some face and put TSR in a better light? There were subscribers at RSF and TSR do often plan deliberate attempts to boost their image like that.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2009 February 19, 21:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From Nanu's posts at RSF and the new forum, I get the impression that he really likes it there and is liked in return.  So I wouldn't be surprised if he made the gift without TSR's meddling.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2009 February 19, 22:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may be right with that dietofworms. Tongue I do hope it was an actual act of kindness, and not for murky reasons. I just would not put it past TSR to encourage him to do so.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2009 February 19, 22:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I would have to sign up at Black Pearl. It was a nice surprise to see that my login from the old forum worked.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2009 February 19, 22:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was pretty happy about that, too, until I discovered that I can't remember my password to save my life! Sadly, I signed up on my old e-mail account, which is now defunct. Cry
But I'm super stoked about the new site. I always felt a little bad loving the reflex forum, because I really dislike the reflex site. Hugs to the Black Pearl Peoples, for coming back better than ever!

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Heidi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2009 February 19, 23:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did Heidi make that mesh from scratch or use a premade 3D source

I made it from scratch.
Heidi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2009 February 19, 23:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*an answer of yes would be good!*

Yes!

No, nothing to forgive. I made this flower like 3 weeks after we had the ability to put meshes in the game and I had no idea about polys or their impact on the game. I remember making it and I subdivided the hell out of it.   Embarrassed
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2009 February 20, 00:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From Nanu's posts at RSF and the new forum, I get the impression that he really likes it there and is liked in return.  So I wouldn't be surprised if he made the gift without TSR's meddling.

I think you are right, he seems to be a nice guy.He doesn't seem to be all hateful and jaded yet. Too bad he is in with the TSR but you never know, maybe with some encouragement he will switch to be a free creator.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
katija
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2009 February 20, 00:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, is it just my suspicious mind, or do you think TSR gave Nanu a nudge to make a gift to save some face and put TSR in a better light? There were subscribers at RSF and TSR do often plan deliberate attempts to boost their image like that.

It's for sure that TSR didn't had anything to do with that gift. After becoming a gold member last month he promised a gift to rsf members, he even posted a thread asking all of us what we want. After all what happened I believe that he made those black pearls as a sign of support to the new forum. 
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2009 February 20, 00:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, i remember reading the post where he offered making a gift. What i've noticed was that he offered to make ONE mesh. Considering the fact that he usually upload big sets at TSR, i think that if he really cared about the RSF, he would have offered an entire set, not only a single item. To tell the truth, i think that what he really wanted was to see how much people would post requests in the thread and prove that he is loved by everyone and that he's such a great and generous artist blablabla...

Plus, that candle gift looks familiar. He uploaded something similar at TSR, than cloned it and added the pearls to match the new forum's name. Yeah, he's such an original artist! Roll Eyes

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Jonesi
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: 2009 February 20, 01:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you are right, he seems to be a nice guy.He doesn't seem to be all hateful and jaded yet. Too bad he is in with the TSR but you never know, maybe with some encouragement he will switch to be a free creator.

He is well liked and he's a nice young man too, always helpful and polite.  It is a pity he's an FA but we're not gonna hold that against him :p  As long as he follows our rules he's more than welcome at the forum, what he does about his FA status is completely up to him, he's old enough to make his own decisions.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: