PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 11:22:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Reflex forum is now closed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reflex forum is now closed  (Read 90552 times)
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
Re: Reflex forum is now closed
« Reply #225 on: 2009 February 19, 02:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it me being soppy, or is that actually quite sweet?
They always do say "true love comes to those who wait"!
In my case it was "distance makes the heart grow fonder", considering the other half is actually from quite a distance away from me originally, he lived in South Wales I lived in North Wales (UK), so there was a hek of a distance between us!
Did you vision youself being with your ex-hubby's friend while you were with him Darqstar? Sorry, OT I know, but these sorts of stories lighten my heart and make me go Awww Tongue Smiley

Actually, when I first met my current husband, I hated him.  Me and the Ex were living in an apartment about the size of a postage stamp.  Current husband had moved to Vegas in senior year of HS, and now wanted to come back and live in New England.  Ex told him he could stay at our place.  We hadn't been married for a year yet.   So yeah, I resented him.  But then, my ex was working all the time, and me and Current husband became best friends.

Current moved back to Vegas for awhile, I divorced Ex, dated someone else for awhile, then Current got ahold of me and things took off from there.  Once we announced our marrage, Current confessed that he had always loved me (I suspected he did) and that he had backed off, to give me a chance to get over Ex and to explore who I was, not someone's daugher or someone's wife, but just me.  But he always held a torch for me. 

I felt so unworthy.   Grin

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: 2009 February 19, 13:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made this last night & posted it on Black Pearl Sims for everyone there, so i thought id add it here too Smiley

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2009 February 19, 13:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made this last night & posted it on Black Pearl Sims for everyone there, so i thought id add it here too Smiley

That is excellent!

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Irish Wench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2009 February 19, 15:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool beans! Snagged for my own collection.

Cheesy
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2009 February 19, 15:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

awesome! I was wondering if someone was going to do that! *passes rum to ya* This will become an instant classic I believe   Wink

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: 2009 February 19, 16:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really wonder how Thomas got to be where he is, you know.  I know some people in high level jobs who truly suck at what they do and all of them, without exception, have been placed there by richer, more powerful family members who are equally incompetent. Is that the case here? Because he just doesn't seem the type to succeed at making money for two own homes in times of crisis on his wits and bussiness sense alone. How did he get there? Who planted him there? Because I just can't believe he worked his way to his position. Even pure evil can't accomplish that much without the genius to back it up.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 20, 00:57:39 by Devilfish » Logged

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: 2009 February 19, 16:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Thomas related to Steve?

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: 2009 February 19, 16:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really wonder how Thomas got to be where he is, you know.  I know some people in high level jobs who truly suck at what they do and all of them, without exception, have been plated there by richer, more powerful family members who are equally incompetent. Is that the case here? Because he just doesn't seem the type to succeed at making money for two own homes in times of crisis on his wits and bussiness sense alone. How did he get there? Who planted him there? Because I just can't believe he worked his way to his position. Even pure evil can't accomplish that much without the genius to back it up.

I would say richer and more competent people put him there.  Think about it - how often do we see Steve, Per or Johan in these screenshots? Never.  They're never doing something absolutely retarded - it's always Thomass.  See the paysite macro thread I'm about to post in.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
siberiansunset
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2009 February 19, 17:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just pondering this topic actually. Naturally they are smart enough to find someone stupid to do their dirty work and take the flack for it. But...Oh, wait thoma$$ does that too. But he's not smart. Damn them. *scratches head* Tsr is always changing the meaning of things.  Undecided

It makes you wonder how much they are profiting off of this BS. If thoma$$ is building a 2nd dream house than what number are they on? Angry
Your macro made me lol cala! Cheesy

Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2009 February 19, 17:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard that it's a family affair. Thomas's father owns a multimedia company and they do websites and so on. TSR was started as a branch of the operations. That's what I heard, anyway.

The one who angers you, controls you.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: 2009 February 19, 17:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definately. And I don't even know if they know half the shit he does - they don't dick around in the community like him.  They might be mortified by his hamfisted backdoor deals.

Now, onto another related topic to RSF.

So, the owner of exoticelements contacted me. For those of you curious, very nommable downloads. http://www.exoticelements.org/

She asked me to have a look and compare two meshes - one she made yonks ago and pulled, and one from Reflex sims the paysite, recently released.  And lo and behold what did I find - but almost identical meshing. As an object mesher, I say that even if you work from the same pictures, and have the mesh in Milkshape, you cannot produce the very same peice. Ever.

Now before anyone tries to out this as deceptive, this is the same Heidi involved in previous Cole related dramas.  She doesn't want unnecessary drama, or anything else, but she also doesn't want a paysite profiting off her.  This is particularly ironic as Marcela *just spent* a couple of days calling *us* thieves, and shutting down RSF for entertaining welcoming us thieves to the forum.

Why would Marcela use this? Because Heidi took that download down years ago because it was too high poly - it was made before polycounts were important, and I have to say, the polycount is a kicker.  Heidi still gets requests for it though, which is undoubtedly why Marcela thought she could thieve it and make money.

She brought this to me, because she wanted someone to confirm that it was indeed the same mesh before getting embroiled.  She wanted to be sure, and I think she's smart. I would have happily told her she's crazy.  But I don't think she is. 

Here is my case for why it is:

Firstly, it has exactly the same poly and vertex count - which means that she would have had to match Heidi point for point - and seeing as it is an extremely high poly mesh, that to me looks like it could lose quite a few of those polys as unnecessary. So to match them for no benefit - foolish.  So that's one point for Marcela the thief.

See how similar they look even though she's changed the shape a bit - dirty pool.

Secondly.  See the curves on Marcela's mesh - the same curves as Heidi's, but the bottom is pulled down - worst still, she didn't even try to hide the similarity in the base of the mesh - they are both uneven.

Thirdly, note the "zigzag" pattern there where the bulb meets the stem - it would be almost impossible to construct them in a similar manner, and that to me screams a unique mesh by a certain artist.  Since Heidi was first, it's pretty clear.

Fourthly, look at the stamen - I've cut away part of the mesh here to show the similarity.  Neither stamen is connected to the flower - when it is in the real flower.

Fifthly - when I was doing that, I moved them next to each other for the screenie, and low and behold. Look at the shape and angle - both are the same angle without me fiddling with them, but just using face front to back and lining them up.  Too much coincidence for me.

Lastly - go and look through Marcela's site - she's a fan of planes (flat shapes with photoskinned flowers) and no highly detailed meshes - yet this is so incredibly detailed? http://www.reflexsims.de/ If you want to look at the offending file, it's the callas in the Glenn Set.  While you're there, note all the blossoms that are flat - and if you have it in game, I'm sure you can attest to it.

If you would like to see the pictures Heidi herself took and showed me after I confirmed that it looks ripped off, they are here:

http://www.exoticelements.org/Ref5.jpg

http://www.exoticelements.org/Ref4.jpg

http://www.exoticelements.org/Ref3.jpg

http://www.exoticelements.org/Ref2.jpg

http://www.exoticelements.org/Ref1.jpg

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: 2009 February 19, 18:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely looks like the same mesh, modified slightly, but the same mesh.

Granted, I've done that - but using maxis mesh bits to make maxis match furniture.  To sell someone else's work is despicable, but then this is Marcela we're talking about.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: 2009 February 19, 18:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely looks like the same mesh, modified slightly, but the same mesh.

Granted, I've done that - but using maxis mesh bits to make maxis match furniture.  To sell someone else's work is despicable, but then this is Marcela we're talking about.

Ah good - two confirmations she's not crazy. And the arsey bitch eh? Wanting Jonesi to ditch the forum and being a secret thief herself! Bet she thought no one would notice - but most people can recognise their own work.

Visit Calalilysims

siberiansunset
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2009 February 19, 18:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. I have no meshing experience-but it looks quite Obvious from both yours and her pics that this is the same mesh. (even if she just "tweaked" it a little...)
I'm sure she thought she could get away with it since it was made a while back.

Marcela you are a dirty, stupid hypocrite.

Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: 2009 February 19, 18:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The number of polys sold me right away.   That is IMPOSSIBLE to do twice exactly the same way, unless you are doing box, box, box. 

Have you checked the mapping?

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: