PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:39:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  PMBD Baby Roast
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PMBD Baby Roast  (Read 68479 times)
Rae Kira
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: PMBD Baby Roast
« Reply #105 on: 2009 January 01, 21:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Paden. I was wondering if this was about me, and now I see it is. Man, you guys are pathetic.

Cheesy No it's got nothing to do with you. It's got to do with the fact that I signed up for a PMBD project, not a grah project, and not a MATY project.  If anyone wants to make this project there, they are more than welcome.  I'm not interested in a grah/MATY project, since Pescado doesn't even deign to tell me what he was talking about, I don't want to make a mesh that will become a grah/MATY project. Simple.

Why does it have to be "This project" or "That project"? What's wrong with it being a project that you are currently working on? I do not understand your thinking behind this. If you really have to be so caught up in the name, think of it as a PMBD project because you, a person of PMBD (PMBDer?), are working on it.

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 January 01, 21:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Paden. I was wondering if this was about me, and now I see it is. Man, you guys are pathetic.

Cheesy No it's got nothing to do with you. It's got to do with the fact that I signed up for a PMBD project, not a grah project, and not a MATY project.  If anyone wants to make this project there, they are more than welcome.  I'm not interested in a grah/MATY project, since Pescado doesn't even deign to tell me what he was talking about, I don't want to make a mesh that will become a grah/MATY project. Simple.

You really are ridiculous. Have you never done group work for a project before? Pescado is the project leader. He assigns the jobs, and your part is to do the part you are assigned, not to bitch about inconsequential shit and bring in your loser friends to talk about voting. Democratic projects are for people who don't care whether they get a finished product or not.

Good luck with finding a modder to get your so-fabulous mesh to work.

Who the hell are you? How d you figure that Pescado is the project leader? This whole thing started as a discussion, then people started stating what they could do for the project, Calalily said she could do the meshing, and has been working on that, others have said that they can do the texturing, so they will be doing that. Pescado said that he can do the modding.
It is a joint effort, no one is calling the shots on this project(although it appears that someone thinks that they are, no names mentioned).
I dont know who you think you are, I haven't even seen you posting here before, but I highly doubt that anyone is gonna put up with the random shit that you keep spurting out.
This project is a fun, FUN, F-U-N, look it up, project, but because other people from places that have no business here have been putting their noses in, it hasnt stayed that way, and then we get stupid little twats like you coming over thinking that they are also calling the shots.
So why don't you take that lame ass avatar and yourself back to whatever pile of shit you crawled out from under and never return.
OKthankyoubyebye.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 January 01, 21:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who could have seen this coming: a joint project between Rohina and Calalily that leads to acrimony?  Huh It's almost like it was carefully designed for moar fight...

hmmmm...
« Last Edit: 2009 January 01, 21:36:00 by redisenchanted » Logged
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 January 01, 21:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, love the aluminium foiled alien dog Red  Kiss.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2009 January 01, 21:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You really are ridiculous. Have you never done group work for a project before? Pescado is the project leader. He assigns the jobs, and your part is to do the part you are assigned, not to bitch about inconsequential shit and bring in your loser friends to talk about voting. Democratic projects are for people who don't care whether they get a finished product or not.

Good luck with finding a modder to get your so-fabulous mesh to work.

Yes I have worked on a group project - but I usually knew which group I was part of, and who everyone else was. But I signed up under different circumstances, and the project leader won't even tell me what they are.  I don't actually have to participate in the project - and all of this is designed to get me to do so. I told Pescado I wouldn't come to grah when first he split this thread off, and when first he stated that that was a condition.  He proceeded to try to convince me, and I was unconvinced.  Now he's not answering my questions, and you have all come here to tell me it's your grah project - well that's fine with me.  I didn't want to be involved in a grah project *from the first page*.

Since you all think I'm inconsequential, that you can do it without me, and I'm sure you can - then do it without me.  I didn't ask for a democratic project with all my friends - just that Pescado could at least tell those of us working on this exactly what his "staff" is planning.  If he wants to be cagey, then I'm fine with the mesh doing nothing for eternity.  It took me a couple of hours, and it's no big deal if it never happens - meshes are discarded all the time because they don't work right.

Why does it have to be "This project" or "That project"? What's wrong with it being a project that you are currently working on?

I'm not currently doing a thing to do with this project - it is now someone else's project.

I do not understand your thinking behind this. If you really have to be so caught up in the name, think of it as a PMBD project because you, a person of PMBD (PMBDer?), are working on it.

Well, the name of the thread gave me a clue - it's called PMBD baby roast.  I thought it would be a PMBD project - not one where PMBD was farmed for content and then ignored.  At this point, if I follow what you would like to do, I have no more idea of what this will be than the average downloader.  This doesn't appeal much to me - so I'm out.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
arrrohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 January 01, 21:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why you guys have trouble noticing, but Pescado gets a lot of stuff done, and his method is generally the same. He tells people to come to #grah, he gets information and he co-ordinates. Ask Nouk, or Liegenclump, or any of those people whose site he rescued from Walt.

People come to #grah to get help; help is given. Projects also get worked on there. Pescado tends to rely on people who have a track record of producing work when he wants things done. This may be in part because he knows what he wants, and generally wants people who can produce what they are asked for in a timely manner. Most people can't. You clearly aren't up to working to his standards.

If you don't like his process, maybe you need to find another way to get your special, exclusive PMBD project to work. Arguing with him about his methods just makes you look petulant and childish.
Tsenatserix
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 January 01, 21:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fine, Calalily. If you have to get so butthurt about it, don't work on the project; there are other meshers. And the picture you gave of your mesh looks pretty sucktastic, anyway. I'm sure you think that your flouncing will kill the project outright; you are wrong. The jobs you've been assigned aren't all that difficult; even I could create a passable grill mesh, and I have no "skills of an artist", as El Presidente puts it. Of course, I'm not GOING to (don't have a meshing program that creates a format that works with the game, and don't have the time, anyway) but there's enough people that there will always be someone who can manage it. Over-ego'd calalily is over-ego'd.
SpaceDoll
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 January 01, 21:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily, why don't you just find someone else to take your mesh and code it?
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 January 01, 21:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because no *normal* code modder is going to want to make a baby roaster!   I didn't think a normal mesher would want to make one either.   It's about time Pescado learnt to mesh.  I can mesh and code mod so it's not impossible to know both.  But I am not touching any icky baby cooker.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 2009 January 01, 21:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is always Carrigon, unless baby roasting is offensive to wiccans.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: 2009 January 01, 21:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why you guys have trouble noticing, but Pescado gets a lot of stuff done, and his method is generally the same. He tells people to come to #grah, he gets information and he co-ordinates. Ask Nouk, or Liegenclump, or any of those people whose site he rescued from Walt.

I know that, which is why I told him if it's a grah thingie, I'm out from the first page.

People come to #grah to get help; help is given. Projects also get worked on there. Pescado tends to rely on people who have a track record of producing work when he wants things done. This may be in part because he knows what he wants, and generally wants people who can produce what they are asked for in a timely manner. Most people can't. You clearly aren't up to working to his standards.

You're right - I'm not, so as I said, I'm out.  

If you don't like his process, maybe you need to find another way to get your special, exclusive PMBD project to work. Arguing with him about his methods just makes you look petulant and childish.

It's not a PMBD project.  I thought it was, but was mistaken.

And the picture you gave of your mesh looks pretty sucktastic, anyway. I'm sure you think that your flouncing will kill the project outright; you are wrong. The jobs you've been assigned aren't all that difficult; even I could create a passable grill mesh, and I have no "skills of an artist", as El Presidente puts it. Of course, I'm not GOING to (don't have a meshing program that creates a format that works with the game, and don't have the time, anyway) but there's enough people that there will always be someone who can manage it. Over-ego'd calalily is over-ego'd.

Well, then I have saved myself a lot of work with the sucktastic mesh - it would never have been released at all because Pescado would have thought it sucked and discarded the whole project anyway.  You don't actually need skills of an artist - just mod an existing grill and put the codes into it to make it into the baby change table.  So you don't need a mesher at all. If you find another willing mesher, then that's good - and it can done the way you all please and have nothing to do with me - no one needs to answer my questions at all.

Calalily, why don't you just find someone else to take your mesh and code it?

It's not a burning desire - Pescado mentioned that he couldn't find a faffy artiste to mesh it, and I offered to mesh if he'd mod.  The conversation has since gone downhill, and since it's not a burning desire, I'm happy to leave it and work on those things I do desire to do.  The original mesh was only a couple of hours work, and if it all comes to nothing that's a good meshing day. Cheesy I've scrapped more things than I've produced - the concept in your head doesn't always work out.

Because no *normal* code modder is going to want to make a baby roaster!   I didn't think a normal mesher would want to make one either.   It's about time Pescado learnt to mesh.  I can mesh and code mod so it's not impossible to know both.  But I am not touching any icky baby cooker.

I think you're right. Cheesy I can't imagine any other modders wanting to be known as the one that made a baby roaster.  He doesn't need to mesh - he can modify existing projects and just get a recolour to suit.

There is always Carrigon, unless baby roasting is offensive to wiccans.

You never know - could be. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 January 01, 22:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, because that's the way Pescado likes to work, that's the only way he will work? 

She was working on it, until Pescado suddenly announced to us that he and his "staff" had already decided what this was all going to be about:

I have staff working on that already, so don't worry about it. We prefer to go with the HOW IS BABBY FORMED joke.

Until then, we were all under the impression that it was the PMBD babyroaster and therefore, a PMBD project.  Suddenly, we find out about this magical "Staff" and Pescado has become "we"  and that he and this magical staff will make all the choices, that we don't have to worry ourselves about it. 

Until that moment, he and Calalily were communicating quite actively through the forum.  She only stopped because of this sudden attitude that suddenly this had changed from a PMBD project to a "staff" project, and it doesn't seem like there are many PMBD people on that "staff."   

It doesn't look nearly as petulant and childish as it does for him to send his little MATY cult member in to fight his battles for him.  Supposedly, he's a God of the Sim world, yet every time things don't go his way, he runs off and cries and you folks from MATY come running over to tell us how wrong we are.  It all boils down to the same thing, "Stop picking on poor Pescado!"   

I appreciate all the work he's done for the Sims2 community, and I agree that the community would not be what it is today if it weren't for him, however, that doesn't mean that he always has to get his own way, no matter what, or no matter how many cult members he sends over to scream at Calalily for not letting him crack the whip over her head.

Before he even split this thread off, he could have gone to you folks and said, "I want to make  a baby roaster."  No one here would have cared.  This all started because I made a joke, he responded saying that there wasn't a faffy artiste to make it.  Calalily responded that if he modded it, she would mesh it.  I commented that I would texture it.   He then tried to demand Calalily went to Grah, Calalily, declined, but continued working. At that point, he also could have said, "I refuse to mod this, if you aren't willing to go to Grah."   But instead, he continued to tell Calalily what he wanted. He had several chances to say he wouldn't mod it unless we were willing to play entirely by his rules, but he didn't.  Instead he argued and when he realized that we over here at PMBD weren't going to roll over, like his flunkies at MATY, he ran to you guys to try to browbeat Calalily into playing by his rules.

Well, since clearly, you're all so much more amazingly talented and perfect,  MATY can build it.   No one here cares.  You've been told several times that you're welcome to do it yourselves, so instead of coming over to whine at us for being mean to your cult leader, why don't you folks all get of the stick and go built the damned thing?  If this has to be made by Pescado's rules and Pescado's rules alone, then we're not going to be part of it and all your bitching isn't going to change that.

Fine, Calalily. If you have to get so butthurt about it, don't work on the project; there are other meshers. And the picture you gave of your mesh looks pretty sucktastic, anyway. I'm sure you think that your flouncing will kill the project outright; you are wrong. The jobs you've been assigned aren't all that difficult; even I could create a passable grill mesh, and I have no "skills of an artist", as El Presidente puts it. Of course, I'm not GOING to (don't have a meshing program that creates a format that works with the game, and don't have the time, anyway) but there's enough people that there will always be someone who can manage it. Over-ego'd calalily is over-ego'd.

"I could create a mesh, but I won't!"  And you're telling Calalily she's got too much ego?  Please.  There are free programs on the net that will allow you to convert meshes that can be used in the game.  So, go and build this great item, instead of coming over to bitch that Calilily won't do what Pescado says. 

Edit: Because sometimes it is your and not you're
« Last Edit: 2009 January 02, 00:26:39 by Darqstar » Logged

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
arrrohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 January 01, 22:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you mistake bitching and defending with P&L. You guys are hilariously lose, which results in rubbernecking and wankery.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 January 01, 22:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you mistake bitching and defending with P&L. You guys are hilariously lose, which results in rubbernecking and wankery.

Don't you have a baby roaster you should be meshing? 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: 2009 January 01, 22:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before he even split this thread off, he could have gone to you folks and said, "I want to make  a baby roaster."  No one here would have cared.  This all started because I made a joke, he responded saying that there wasn't a faffy artiste to make it.  Calalily responded that if he modded it, she would mesh it.  I commented that I would texture it.   He then tried to demand Calalily went to Grah, Calalily, declined, but continued working. At that point, he also could have said, "I refuse to mod this, if you aren't willing to go to Grah."   But instead, he continued to tell Calalily what he wanted. He had several chances to say he wouldn't mod it unless we were willing to play entirely by his rules, but he didn't. 

I agree completely with everything else, but this most of all.  If this was what he wanted, he could have told me, conversation over, and I would have not stuck my oar into his project. He didn't answer my questions, but it seems the answer has become clear - this wasn't a PMBD baby roast, but a grah one - and they have all come to tell me so - question answered.  Since I don't and won't do grah, then I can't possibly participate.

Visit Calalilysims

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: