PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:29:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 591669 times)
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #1470 on: 2009 July 12, 08:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lady Vader, your picture isn't working.

Anyone remember the "Diva" Hair Thomas made back on '05. For those who don't, here is a picture of it. Warning, its pretty bad:

The person who did the plaid textures I posted a little back did a retexture of of with with nouk textures, and it doesn't look too bad now.

http://blog.naver.com/bluetohazel/20069368229

I just wonder if she got permission from Thomas to retexture it because he said it can't be recolored by anyone else. Not that I would care if she didn't get permission, its not like people from TSR get permission before they steal use things from the community.

This is ok to post this right, since its free content from a free site? Just a retexture of a free item from a pay site.

I do have to say though that the comments for Thomas' hairs are scary, especially the ones saying how realistic it looks, and there is even one where the person said it looks like their hair.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: 2009 July 12, 14:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: rum nate
...and there is even one where the person said it looks like their hair.

Was her user name either CashPussy or Rentahole? Because, obviously, she must have been a cheap hooker using her dead john's laptop to visit TSR.

I also saw the new version and thought the new texture was an improvement, but I can only imagine Thomass' reaction - "No, no, NO! It's supposed to look like a gob of melted wax!"
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1472 on: 2009 July 12, 15:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That Redneck mansion is so awesome I keep going back to look at it. I think I'll have to stick it in my game just so I can gawk from time to time.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: 2009 July 12, 16:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone remember the "Diva" Hair Thomas made back on '05.

The person who did the plaid textures I posted a little back did a retexture of of with with nouk textures, and it doesn't look too bad now.

http://blog.naver.com/bluetohazel/20069368229

I just wonder if she got permission from Thomas to retexture it because he said it can't be recolored by anyone else. Not that I would care if she didn't get permission, its not like people from TSR get permission before they steal use things from the community.

You're right, it looks fairly decent. Took a fair few minutes to find the download link, though. Babelfish was no help.

I remember downloading that mesh of Thomas's way back when I first started playing TS2, and though I thought the style itself had possibilities, the textures were so crappy that I soon deleted the whole thing.

S/he includes the mesh but I seriously doubt she obtained permission first. Had the class to at least acknowledge and thank the source, however, which, as we know, is not always common practice.

The one who angers you, controls you.
Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: 2009 July 12, 20:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird, I see the pic just fine.

As for the permission for retexturing, I would've normally stood behind following the TOU. However, this mesh and TOU came from TSR, free or not, in this case as far as I'm concerned, it don't matter. And if Thomas minds his objects being recolored without permission, well, he should have thought about that before he joined a site that on a regular basis violates TOU's, the EULA, basic manners, good taste and who knows what else... <an image of Evi's kid clothes comes to her mind, and she wonders if those somehow don't fall under some paragraph...> Ughhh, that was a bad one  Grin Either way, this only makes me wanna quote a good, old saying "What Jack does to god, god does to Jack."
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: 2009 July 12, 20:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird, I see the pic just fine.

For me its the tiny pics filler image that says "This image or video has been moved or deleted." Eh, its not that huge of a deal, I went to the site to look at the skins anyway.

I didn't know they included the mesh with the file (granted I didn't download it right away, so I wouldn't have known anyway). Its from TSR, so I don't think we will have issue with her/him doing that.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: 2009 July 12, 21:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me its the tiny pics filler image that says "This image or video has been moved or deleted." Eh, its not that huge of a deal, I went to the site to look at the skins anyway.

Thats how it shows up for me too.

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: 2009 July 13, 00:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too. Tiny pic deleted. lol then we ALL have a problem... Except Lady Vader Huh
*ding!* Aaaah yeah it must be due to the cache of her browser!

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: 2009 July 13, 01:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"This image or video has been moved or deleted."

Fixed it. Probably got deleted because it didn't suit PG-13 rules. Who knows, maybe a bit of pixel bush can actually deprave the already depraved internet...  Tongue
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: 2009 July 13, 02:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the permission for retexturing, I would've normally stood behind following the TOU. However, this mesh and TOU came from TSR, free or not, in this case as far as I'm concerned, it don't matter. And if Thomas minds his objects being recolored without permission, well, he should have thought about that before he joined a site that on a regular basis violates TOU's, the EULA, basic manners, good taste and who knows what else... <an image of Evi's kid clothes comes to her mind, and she wonders if those somehow don't fall under some paragraph...> Ughhh, that was a bad one  Grin Either way, this only makes me wanna quote a good, old saying "What Jack does to god, god does to Jack."

It's natural to feel that way. However, IMO it's hypocritical to condemn the practice for one artist and condone it for another.

Mind you, I'm of the opinion that meshers should always allow recolors. Meshes are useless without good recolors. Requiring a link back for the mesh itself is fine, and it's a classy gesture on the part of recolorists to ask permission and give credit. That's the way a free community should work. Respect and sharing.

The one who angers you, controls you.
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: 2009 July 13, 02:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For all your Sims 3 females here are manucured toe & finger nails recolorable ingame as you like! For all the ages (Yay, finally something for teens & kids!) and you can also apply (tiny!) patterns on the nails Shocked Now, that's awesome!
Fancy feet: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=354194
Fancy fingers: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=354024
I can't believe I nearly missed these huh.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: 2009 July 13, 03:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's natural to feel that way. However, IMO it's hypocritical to condemn the practice for one artist and condone it for another.

Mind you, I'm of the opinion that meshers should always allow recolors. Meshes are useless without good recolors. Requiring a link back for the mesh itself is fine, and it's a classy gesture on the part of recolorists to ask permission and give credit. That's the way a free community should work. Respect and sharing.

I absolutely agree with you, El Diablo. On both cases. However, over the last year I've developed so much loathing for TSR, that I don't mind being a hypocrite when they're in question. Pretty much unless I'm absolutely proven that a TSR creator still sticks around them only because he or she is a complete and utter cretin - after all, it's not an idiot's fault he was born one -, I don't mind anything that'll spoil their blood a bit. I might not aprove the certain practice that caused it, but whatever it would be, in their case, it's not gonna make me cry either.

For all your Sims 3 females here are manucured toe & finger nails recolorable ingame as you like! For all the ages (Yay, finally something for teens & kids!) and you can also apply (tiny!) patterns on the nails  Now, that's awesome!
Fancy feet: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=354194
Fancy fingers: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=354024
I can't believe I nearly missed these huh.

Lovely find, Dr. House. It actually amazes me how quickly people are cracking TS3. Must not as complicated as it seemed in the beginning.

Here I found a pair of shirts for the game at MTS by Shep. They look very nice in-game  Grin
And here a sporty v-neck dress by Maxwell755, also MTS.
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: 2009 July 13, 03:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It actually amazes me how quickly people are cracking TS3. Must not as complicated as it seemed in the beginning.
Me too. Manicure took some time for Sims 2 and they're here already for Sims 3! Now we have stocking, gloves, boots, watches etc I would have never imagined all these beautiful stuff when the game was released, really! The best thing with Sims 3 is not having to grab a ton of recolors, simply grab the tiny mesh and off you go ^^ That's a LOT of space & headaches saving.

The dress is way too short for my taste but the cache-coeur top is so lovely! *melts* Thanks for the link, totally missed it Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 July 13, 03:50:10 by Dr House » Logged

Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: 2009 July 13, 03:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with recolor files is gone, yes, but now we have a pattern problem, even if you download just one color option of it. Hopefully someone will come up with a method of foldering stuff for TS3 just like TS2, cause I don't know about you guys, but the contents of my package folder are already changing into a royal mess.  Grin
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: 2009 July 13, 04:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah but pattern is just one small file for all the colors you want Cheesy I'm sure a fifth of my sims 2 downloads are recolors.

Subfoldering already exists for sims 3 (I don't need too many subfoldering for now so I only made Mods, Patterns, Default and Bodyshop Items for now), let me get you the MATY link that'll explain it, gimme a sec.
EDIT: here! http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15176.msg444885.html#msg444885
I changed it to point directly at the ressource file. Here's a pic of my packages folder, not too crowded, ain't it? Nice & clean. I keep the awesome mod & its optional files at the root since it's updated almost every day, sometimes twice a day lol
« Last Edit: 2009 July 13, 04:16:59 by Dr House » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: