PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:53:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 591647 times)
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #1095 on: 2009 May 09, 01:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new WNF aspiration set is up. i didn't see to much up that I was interested in  but the new Masquerade Costumes  by Adele found here http://www.wickednoukfamily.com/forums/index.php?topic=1357.msg8840#msg8840 are absolutely gorgeous - here is a pic

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: 2009 May 09, 01:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One might question the intelligence of a turkey  who, surrounded by corn and an abundance of other farm fresh things, decided to grab a twizzler.  Of course, I love Twizzlers, my husband says they're my crack, but I never thought turkeys felt the same way.

Also, wild turkeys do not look ANYTHING like domestic turkeys.  They actually aren't bad looking at all, except for all the wrinkling and waddling around the face.  If it wasn't for that, the wild turkey would have made a pretty good official bird.

Hawks and Eagles are similar in a lot of ways.  I lost my respect for hawks when one chased after me to the point where I had to walk across the street, and up into the yard to get around him.  Why? Because he had a dead squirrel and he seemed convinced that I just couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

Birds and I do not get along.  I find birds creepy.  When I first read that the theory of birds having evolved from dinosaurs, my reaction was, "yeah, that makes sense."  I always got the feeling birds know they came from creatures who were once on top of the food chain and they still haven't gotten over being dropped from that status.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: 2009 May 09, 02:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, wouldn't you be bitter if you once ate the mammals for lunch and now they have you for Sunday dinner, roasted with 40 cloves of garlic and some onions and such?? Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: 2009 May 09, 04:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find birds creepy.  When I first read that the theory of birds having evolved from dinosaurs, my reaction was, "yeah, that makes sense."  I always got the feeling birds know they came from creatures who were once on top of the food chain and they still haven't gotten over being dropped from that status.

Not that I'm trying to convert you into a bird lover or anything, but try checking out the "Life of Birds" series by Sir David Attenborough. It has the power to make any anti-bird person at least look at them in a new way. The man is just magic and has not been nor ever will be equaled by other naturalists. He has a way of making you see the grand scheme of nature that just *clicks*

I've been drooling over that new Adele set ever since the preview. MY GOD, the detail is so rich. I want to take a color theory class from her. And she's what-- 19? 20? That's just a baby!

Also, dinosaurs are awesome! To counter the "creepy" image some might have, dinos may have been the pioneers of "cuteness" that we mammals so lurve. Dino hatchlings were the first animals to have features we think of as "cute" and mammilian-- large eyes, small noses and mouths, blunter faces. Some scientists think it was what helped wittle dinos survive and what fostered the motherly behavior that paleontologists increasingly attribute certain dino species.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 09, 04:34:46 by oolongteadrinker » Logged
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: 2009 May 09, 05:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Birds and I do not get along.  I find birds creepy.  When I first read that the theory of birds having evolved from dinosaurs, my reaction was, "yeah, that makes sense."  I always got the feeling birds know they came from creatures who were once on top of the food chain and they still haven't gotten over being dropped from that status.

For you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr8GMV5P5w8

I worked his show at the Fringe Festival here a couple of years ago, and was pleasantly surprised to find a video of this bit.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1100 on: 2009 May 09, 05:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also creeped out by birds - something about the way they look at you. I don't trust them. I know they're just waiting for me to drop my guard.

paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1101 on: 2009 May 09, 06:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parrots are smart. Turkeys are very very stupid. I've lived around both. It is true that a turkey can drown in the rain. I've seen it happen. We had one that drowned in it's own water dish. The water was about a centimeter deep. I once found a mother turkey (wild) who had built her nest right next to the road. We tried to move her and realized she had chicks. She kept leading them back to the road.
I don't know of any African greys that ever drowned in their own water dish.

Oppossums are also very very stupid. btw

My Deviant artwork here.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: 2009 May 09, 09:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parrots are smart. Turkeys are very very stupid. I've lived around both. It is true that a turkey can drown in the rain. I've seen it happen.
Arizonians are like this also. When it rains, they all run out and gawk at it, and a goodly number will drown from it.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: 2009 May 09, 14:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The moment we domesticate anything, we set right to work on breeding out any brains.  Domestic turkeys are dumb as a post, but wild turkeys are not. 

I don't hate birds with a passion, I find them very beautiful when they're eating from the birdfeeders my parents have.  I used to find the hawks circling around our street to be pretty cool, until I saw my neighbor have to throw her body over her dog to prevent one of them from trying to make off with the animal.   I think birds are wonderful in nature.

However, I have no desire to own one.  No keets or canaries, or parrots for me.   They just aren't my thing. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: 2009 May 09, 16:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have lots of birds around our little farm (mostly barn swallows, which I love cause they eat nasty mosquitoes) none of which I raise or anything.
I like the cardinals & robins, love the hummingbirds enough that I actually feed them, and tolerate the field sparrows.
We also get a lot of little wrens & finches. I have a birdbath which they love to flop around in. We generally get about a dozen hummingbirds a year,
all fighting over the same little feeder. My mom has 2 big feeders & only about 6 regular hummingbirds, but she gets lots of other birds because she feeds them.
She lives just across the field, has tons of trees around. While we have one lonely tree!
Birds are, apparently, very territorial. I've had bluejays swoop at me when I get near their nests & hummingbirds get real pissy when you take their feeders down to clean/fill.
But they eat bugs (hummingbirds kill bumblebees & wasps too) so I really don't mind them.

We also have a fox nearby this year...very pretty little critters!

And yeah, hate possums...just big rats in my book & dumber than cows.

ETA: no inside/caged birds for me! I had a bad experience in college ... a stupid roommate bought lovebirds for her boyfriend but he couldn't keep pets, so we had the joy of them in our apartment. It wouldn't have been so bad, except the stupid twit let them out of their cages daily (so they could feel 'free'  Roll Eyes ) and they would fly around & shit on everything. I finally told her that if she did not cease this activity that the birds would be 'really free'. The next day she took them to her boyfriends.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 09, 16:15:38 by pinkyfriend » Logged

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: 2009 May 09, 18:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parrots are smart. Turkeys are very very stupid. I've lived around both. It is true that a turkey can drown in the rain. I've seen it happen.
Arizonians are like this also. When it rains, they all run out and gawk at it, and a goodly number will drown from it.

Bite me Pes.  (enjoying the Arizona heat right now.)

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: 2009 May 09, 19:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that was Southern Californians. 

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: 2009 May 09, 19:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me chickens are possibly the dumbest creatures in the world or seen from a different point of view the most scheming evil bastards alive. My F.I.L raises hens for eggs and they're pretty much free range. If I'm completely empty handed the bastards will keep their distance eyeing me up with contempt as if to say "We once ruled the world hairless chimp". The moment I'm carrying anything it's "Let's all swarm all over Alexia till she drops whatever she's carrying and hopefully fall down."

Free birds such as cardinals, swallows and robins I've got no problem with. Heck if it's winter, I always keep the old bread for them and I put out fresh warmish water for them to drink. Pigeons are flying rats and should be exterminated. I swear the bastards wait till I've just finished washing the car to take a crap on it.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 09, 20:28:11 by Alexia » Logged

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: 2009 May 09, 20:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a scarlet Macaw named Max. He was a rescue and came into the spca, I new the ladies there and they new I had experience with large birds so Max came to live with me. He is smarter then most people I know! He likes to get in the bath tub with you and has an obsession with Doritos. You can not eat them in this house without him going nuts.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: 2009 May 09, 21:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Free birds such as cardinals, swallows and robins I've got no problem with.

A robin chased me down an alley when I was seven or eight six, dive-bombing my head the whole way. (In fairness, it all started with me walking over to take a peek at it's chick which was sitting on the lid of a garbage can. I didn't touch it or anything - didn't get anywhere near close enough!)

And seagulls are evil bastards. I've seen them team up to steal hot dogs and such from unsuspecting tourists. One will fly straight towards the person, and when he or she raises an arm to ward off the apparently attacking bird, another will swoop in snatch the food out of their other hand! Occasionally there will be a third one as well, presumably to dive in if things go wrong. The result of which is signs like this all around our public market. Grin

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: