PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:29:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 591635 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #1065 on: 2009 May 07, 17:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's more likely than you think, Dusdee. A swarm of honey bees had made a hive between the walls of my bedroom when I was a teen and they found their way into my room. I woke up with about twelve of them crawling on me and totally froze, not daring to move because I am highly allergic. My dad came to see what was taking me so long to get out of bed, took one look and went to get the pot of honey. It seemed to take forever for those little bastard to get off of me. I took no time getting out of that room and into the bathroom, I had to go!

They got the hive out that day and transplanted into another receptacle. Cleaning up was a pain, but I was just glad to see them gone. I also learned just how much bladder control I have, too. Cheesy I can laugh now, but I was terrified then.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: 2009 May 07, 22:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's more likely than you think, Dusdee. A swarm of honey bees had made a hive between the walls of my bedroom when I was a teen and they found their way into my room. I woke up with about twelve of them crawling on me and totally froze, not daring to move because I am highly allergic. My dad came to see what was taking me so long to get out of bed, took one look and went to get the pot of honey. It seemed to take forever for those little bastard to get off of me. I took no time getting out of that room and into the bathroom, I had to go!

They got the hive out that day and transplanted into another receptacle. Cleaning up was a pain, but I was just glad to see them gone. I also learned just how much bladder control I have, too. Cheesy I can laugh now, but I was terrified then.

That is the stuff of nightmares! Expect a bill from my therapist.

Wasn't there a story by Kipling about a similar sort of circumstance? (but instead of bees, it's a deadly snake?)

I take it everyone's seen this, right?
http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=328344
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1067 on: 2009 May 08, 01:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scary is having a red back spider take up residence under your car seat and not realise until one day you feel something crawling across your leg while you are on a busy road, look down see what you first think is a black bug crawling across your leg, but then realise its redback, and a very pissed off one.  (That happened to me last year).  Also had two redbacks crawl out of my bag during a MYOB.  I don't like spiders, so yes, I screamed.  Used to have a resident redback under neath my bike seat while I was at high school too.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1068 on: 2009 May 08, 05:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate spiders more than anything. I was bitten by a brown recluse when I was in high school, but I hated them even before then.
I understand the absolute terror you must have felt with a red back on your lap. But, Immortelle, aren't you in Australia, where damn near everything is deadly poisonous?
I admit, I've always had a fascination with Australia and I truly have a weakness for Australians (something about the accent). But the idea of actually being in the Australian outback terrifies me. I don't think I would last very long. 

My Deviant artwork here.
Immortelle
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1069 on: 2009 May 08, 06:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not everything.  The ants aren't.  Some of the snakes are.  Redbacks and funnel webs are our most dangerous spiders as they are in abundance over here and both can kill.  The rest of the spiders if they bit will make you a little sick, but you survive.  Cane toads are deadly, but they are an introduced species.  And we do have a mosquito that carries the Ross River Fever virus.  But apart from that our bities are just that - bities.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: 2009 May 08, 06:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snip*.......... But apart from that our bities are just that - bities.

Sorry, but considering what your signature is...   I  Cheesy'ed
Immortelle
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1071 on: 2009 May 08, 06:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol.  Fangs for noticing

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1072 on: 2009 May 08, 07:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not everything. 

Lots more things are dangerous, and lots of them are far more poisonous than shit anywhere else.  You forget the killer octopus, the deadly jellyfish, the crocs, stone fish, cone fish, earwigs, sharks ranging from great white to mako and tiger, and the nut-removing roo.

But paperbeth, apart from redback spiders, on a daily basis in a city, you are unlikely to encounter any of these things without entering into their habitat.  Asia has some incredibly dangerous animals, as does South America - but no one freaks out too much about them.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 2009 May 08, 07:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, jeez, screw that. I'll stick to Alaska - no deadly snakes, ants, toads, or spiders. Not even the nuisance bugs like cockroaches, ticks, and fleas. Although some Brown Recluses have been known to smuggle themselves aboard boats and such from the states, but it's rare enough to not be worrying. Guck. I really, really hate spiders. Really. I'd rather come face to face with a grizzly bear.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
strix
ARR!

Pocket Pope

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1074 on: 2009 May 08, 10:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even some of the ants are deadly! Don't forget the jack jumpers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_jumper_ant (sorry, dunno how to do the linky-trick:P)

As the Scared Weird Little Guys sing in this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeMarRzd28w, "Come to Australia! You might accidently get killed!"

"You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who screams THEIR head off will be provided for you."
   Grouch cop, "Elmo in Grouchland"
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1075 on: 2009 May 08, 13:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The East Coast of the U.S isn't that bad until you get to the Mason Dixon Line. Until you hit Georgia all we have to deal with for poisonous/dangerous animals are wildcats, fisher cats (vicious little shits that attack anything), brown bears, black widow spiders, Eastern Rattlers, and yellow jacket wasps. Once you hit the SouthEastern states there are also alligators, and a few other varieties of poisonous spiders and snakes that I can't remember off the top of my head. The only ones I have ever ran into are the yellow jackets - cause they live anywhere- all the rest you would pretty much only encounter in the garden, or when camping and I don't do either.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: 2009 May 08, 13:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is why I stick to a northern climate! I spent sometime in the middle east and would wake up to scorpions staring at me...but when you are in the middle east the bugs are the least of your worries. I still could not get use to it tho.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Andais
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: 2009 May 08, 15:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New pretties at Awesims:

Recolors of MangaMoon's lamps from SimsDivine (I think that's where they are from):

Cool new desk that looks like it is a built in, nifty colors:

Link to check out the other preview pics (click on the pic on the main page to open up more): http://awesims.sixty-ten.net/

I really want to find the leaf wallpaper in the desk preview.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1078 on: 2009 May 08, 16:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I live in Georgia - luckily most of our poisonous snakes are either good-natured [Coral snakes] or skittish - only one is actively pissy and aggressive, and those are cottonmouths - unfortunately they tend to live in swarms, so you usually don't get attacked by just one - but they are mostly a water snake so....

Also, luckily the normal scorpion for this region is not poisonous - since one got into my bed one night and bit me twice before I smashed it in my sleep and then woke up.

Spiders, well...we have brown recluses and black widows, otherwise most of the spiders are pretty friendly.

Yellowjackets - let's say they are worse than most wasps for aggressive nastiness.  Lived in a place where some had built a nest right near the walk path - they stung me on the nose and got several other people, including our landlord, who is an entomologist and has experience working in extermination.

We don't get gators except in the southern end of the state, near florida, but there are bears, coyotes, wild dogs and wild cats, like cougars.  And we have sharks in our coastal areas too - tigers and bullsharks that I know of.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Megabolt
Landlubber

I am the handsome devil of the Hidden Leaf Village

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: 2009 May 08, 17:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I live in upstate South Carolina, and I'm one of the lucky ones that hasn't dealt with that stuff.  I've only seen little black snakes in the wild, and my only link to bad insect stings is when my dog was bitten by a brown recluse.  (He turned out fine after some medicating from the vet)

Megabolt the Great
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: