PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:21:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 591946 times)
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #1050 on: 2009 May 06, 07:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another good thing for nausea (if ginger won't work) is Benadryl, oddly enough. And it's safe enough to be take while on the pregnant-and-vomiting train.

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
ferncapel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: 2009 May 06, 12:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I lived on ginger capsules and eating ginger biscuits with all 3 of my kids as i was sick for the whole 9 months with all 3 of them!Id wake up feeling sick and they would mostly keep it at bay...i said mostly! Undecided
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: 2009 May 06, 13:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep hearing about ginger doing remarkable things and I should try it. The problem is that a friend of mine's mother, who was very much a child of the '60s, even though she was really too old for that whole thing, used to make him Ginger and kelp (yes, that's kelp as in seaweed) cookies.  And my friend would, as a lark, try to foster them off on unsuspecting fools. 

I have eaten seaweed in other things and it is fine.  However, it has no place in a common gingersnap cookie.  And it really turned me off to ginger.  "Mmm...nice cookie, not a bad taste...AW FUCK, SEAWEED!"  Big chunks of it too, that at first glance looked like raisins or chocolate chips.

She also used to say everything had it's place in the cosmos.  As in,  her son, "MOM! I just fell and BROKE MY ARM!"  His mom, "Well, perhaps it's your place in the cosmos to have a broken arm."  Me, "Yeah, that's nice, but how about taking him to the HOSPITAL?"  Mom,"Do you think we should?" 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: 2009 May 06, 13:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds like my sister... I am all for healthy eating but she takes it overboard too.

that is why my niece calls me up and ask to come over for dinner at least 3 nights a week.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1054 on: 2009 May 06, 14:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with no ginger in a ginger snap cookie.  Seaweed is good for sushi, and in a sakata, but not a ginger cookie.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: 2009 May 06, 14:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with no ginger in a ginger snap cookie.  Seaweed is good for sushi, and in a sakata, but not a ginger cookie.

I'm assuming you meant seaweed since a gingersnap without ginger is basically a sugar cookie  Wink. I never knew the whole ginger thing for nausea..I guess thats why when I had the flu as a kid I was forced fed gingerale.

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: 2009 May 06, 15:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the HELL would anyone need 50 lipsticks? A sim can only wear ONE, and unless you plan to give one to a different sim, meaning you need at least 50 different sims, what'd be the point?

It's taken me goddamn forever, but I downloaded and tried out ALL of the lipsticks in bodyshop and in game.

The different shapes and shading/highlighting of the lipsticks *are* undeniably fantastic. Each set can make the lip structure look different-- as in the lip's musculature. Some are even shaded to look like a woman has penciled outside of the lipline to make her lips look fuller. Some accent the top rim "cupid bow" even. Really, a great eye for facial anatomy.

Jeebus, some even make the lips look dry, bare and matte. (where some skintones fail to cover) All in all, a great way to make the sims look unique. Also, I think they'd come in handy for those folks who like story making. The same folks who download dozens and dozens of pose boxes. I don't make stories, but the majority of my female sims do have an everyday lipstick, and a formal lipstick.

The only drawback I can see is that some shades within each set look almost exactly the same. Does "lip glaze" need two shades of lilac? Does "Sweet Lips" need three shades of salmon that aren't even a half shade apart?  I spent a lot of time deleting specific shades that had a near duplicate.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1057 on: 2009 May 06, 15:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol.  Just noticed that.  I think my brain must have gone for a walk without me Cheesy

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: 2009 May 06, 16:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeebus, some even make the lips look dry, bare and matte. (where some skintones fail to cover)

Really? They all look shiny to me. Which set has matte lips? (My game has a desperate need for more natural-looking lips.)

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: 2009 May 06, 16:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Over at The sims Cave, I have downloaded some nice lipsticks from the chinese sites that are very natural looking, good for on males too because lipstick can change the shape of the mouth and gives variety to  the look of your sims.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: 2009 May 06, 23:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeebus, some even make the lips look dry, bare and matte. (where some skintones fail to cover)

Really? They all look shiny to me. Which set has matte lips? (My game has a desperate need for more natural-looking lips.)

I'm too lazy to open up bodyshop again and verify-- it takes like 15 minutes for it to load. But I'm fairly sure it's the male "for all texture" lips. Don't hold me to that, though.

Another great set of bare-unglossy lips can be found on AtomicSpaceKitty's MTS2 page, as well as her profile on GOS, and her website "World's Apart". A bonus with AtomicSpaceKitty's are that they match all sorts of skintones, from pale, ethnic, to vampire/elf/drow. I think they look semi-realistic, or kinda maxis-like if you choose to see them that way, so it probably looks good in *everyone*'s game. She thought of everything! Wink

ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 2009 May 07, 01:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've missed the food discussion apparently, but I'm going to indulge myself anyway.

I will eat anything. Anything except onions (I'm fiercely allergic).

And the ginger thing reminded me of something. About a year ago, my mom was staying with my roomie and I temporarily and my roomie was really nauseous. Because my mom is the motherly type, she went out and got some ginger ale for her. She came back, and poor Amy just looked at her and went "I really really appreciate it, but I'm allergic to ginger. It'll just make it worse." 'Course, then, my mom just resorted to making chicken soup (and my mom's homemade chicken soup is phenomenal), which she only makes in enormous batches, so I benefited from that one. Wink And the roommate? She's Chinese and Thai- the two cultures in which cooking with ginger is most prevalent. Her mom, being traditionally raised in Shanghai, used to force feed her ginger in an attempt to make her immune to it, and apparently she would get ridiculously nauseated. It didn't really work.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: 2009 May 07, 02:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

used to force feed her ginger in an attempt to make her immune to it

This reminds me of when a parent makes their kid smoke an entire case of cigarettes after catching them with one.

ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: 2009 May 07, 02:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha. Definitely.

It sucks so hard being allergic to onions, though. I didn't develop the allergy until I hit adulthood. When I was a kid, onion rings were just about my favorite things ever. Now, they make me incredibly sick. I can only have onions that have been dehydrated beyond recognition, like onion powders in soups and stuff.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: 2009 May 07, 10:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least when children get caught smoking the punishment is a consequence for their action. That poor girl. I'd imagine it was 'for her own good' and all that, but it probably felt like being punished for something completely out of her control. And now I have this image stuck in my head of someone allergic to bees being stuck in a room full of them.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: