PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:54:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 591712 times)
Axeleefe
ARR!

This Chair be high, Says I

View Profile
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #1005 on: 2009 May 03, 05:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhm... did it ever occur to you that maybe you could of... oh, I dunno, ASK us if they knew of great shoes?  Instead of playing some dumb game like this and putting items from a paysite in this thread? 

Did it ever occur to you that some people like to drink leisurely when they browse the internet?  Roll Eyes

That being said.... Oh, I dunno, does anyone KNOW of any great shoes?
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: 2009 May 03, 05:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhm... did it ever occur to you that maybe you could of... oh, I dunno, ASK us if they knew of great shoes?  Instead of playing some dumb game like this and putting items from a paysite in this thread? 

Did it ever occur to you that some people like to drink leisurely when they browse the internet?  Roll Eyes

That being said.... Oh, I dunno, does anyone KNOW of any great shoes?

I suggest you don't drink and post.

You fucked up. You need to own up to it and stop making stupid excuses.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Axeleefe
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: 2009 May 03, 06:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excuses? Wink I wasn't making an excuse. Besides, it's not like an insignificant post or choice of actions really affects anyone else's lives more than a tiny annoyance, that lasts what, five seconds?
Sure, it was an unintelligent choice, but really, in the big picture, has it ruined your fun/evening/day?
Now, shall we move on?
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: 2009 May 03, 10:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, let's don't. Particularly when you're still trying to play it cool by acting like they're the ones being unreasonable. They're not. It may not have ruined my evening, but it's shit like that that ruins what is otherwise a pleasant thread. So knock it the fuck off.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Axeleefe
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: 2009 May 03, 10:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok?
I accepted my mistake and tried to let the unpleasantness settle like an adult  Tongue
Now you're the one being immature and dragging it out...?
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: 2009 May 03, 13:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you start blaming problems on alcohol, it's time to recognize you have a problem with alcohol.    You wanna drink and be an idiot?  Go to a bar or a party. where such behavior is, if not enjoyed, at least somewhat expected.   I spent too much of my life having to deal with drunken idiots and their idea of a "good time" to buy that as the blanket excuse for poor behavior.  That's as bad as all the other excuse tossing we do these days. "I can't help it, I have ADD, I can't help it, I suffer from depression.  It's not my fault, I have Assburgers!"  If you're an alcoholic, then shut up  get some help.  If you're not an alcoholic, then drinking isn't an excuse. 

It's not that you made a mistake, it's the way you then tried to twist it so we were all little lab rats in some great experiment you were running.  You don't have to "trick" us into doing stuff, if you had asked, people who had the answer would have been happy to answer your question.  Instead you act like if you don't cleverly ask without asking, we'll all tell you to fuck off instead.   Nice.  I'm not a lab rat and you aren't the evil overlord. 

And yes, I know you want to move beyond it, but I didn't catch what you wrote in response to me, and thus realize it was more douche-like than your original behavior I called you on. 

And no, you did not try to let the unpleasantness settle like an adult, you kept responding and responding.  Dusdeedawn wasn't being immature, you are, by insisting that you must have the last word, and that anyone who won't let you have the last word is the one with the problem.  You started it, you treated us as inferior beings who had to be tricked instead of treated like equals.  You deal with the shit you get in response and quit acting like a victim. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1011 on: 2009 May 03, 14:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Axeleefe, from someone who has done a little 'drink posting' in the past, take it from me.  Do not blame your behaviour on the booze.  Even if you get so inebriated you don't remember what you did the next day, you are still somewhat aware of what you are doing at the time, and there is still a modicum of self control.  So control.  Alcohol doesn't make you do anything. And the only person dragging this out is you, so shut it.

And Darqstar, please don't start with including mental illness and neurological disorders as being excuses, and can be helped.  If a clinically depressed person could help feeling as bad as they would, they wouldn't be like that in the first place.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: 2009 May 03, 15:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Immortelle, I think Darqstar was snipping at people who self diagnose..not those who actually do have those disorders or issues. I hope so at least.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: 2009 May 03, 15:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Darqstar, please don't start with including mental illness and neurological disorders as being excuses, and can be helped.  If a clinically depressed person could help feeling as bad as they would, they wouldn't be like that in the first place.

Immortelle, I'll "start" with anything I like, you aren't my mother.  You don't have to agree with me, but you also don't have the right to censor me.  

Almost everyone has some type of mental issue, myself included.  And yeah, it sucks and it's hard to deal with.  However, in MOST cases it shouldn't give you a "Get out of responsibilities for your actions for free!" card.    Everyone is still ultimately responsible for what they do.    Yes, being depressed, having ADD (both things I suffer from myself, so, yeah, I do speak from experience) helps me to understand why I might do certain things, but it doesn't mean the world is under any obligation to allow me more freedom in my actions.  My ADD might make me more prone to tell my boss to fuck off and die if he gets on my case, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to take corrective actions with  me for doing it.   My depression means that there are times when I don't have the energy to do anything but sleep, but that doesn't mean that I don't have to face up to the consequences if I sleep through a family celebration or any other important occasion.  It also doesn't mean that my behavior wasn't shitty.  If I sleep through my nieces birthday party, even though it was due to being depressed, it was still a shitty thing to do and I owe her an apology and to try to make it up to her.   And by apology, I mean apology, not "I'm sorry, but I'm depressed, so, let's just let bygones be bygones,"  which is really saying, "Yeah, I fucked up, but don't blame me!  I have an excuse!"  but a sincere apology for my actions.  And my niece then has the right to forgive me, or be pissed off at me for awhile.  If she takes the high road to pissed off land, I don't have the right to say, "Well, gee, I can't help it you know."  

Yes, anyone can have a bad day and yes, sometimes you have to cut slack for that. "I'm sorry, but my kid is sick, so I'm a little uptight," is understandable.  "I'm sorry I don't want to go to your party, but my mother is very ill," yeah, that's fine.  But when you start using something as your blanket excuse so you can behave in ways society finds unacceptable, then it's wrong.  

Life isn't fair, but we're dealt the hand we're dealt.  It's unfair that a blind person can't get around as easily as a sighted person, but no one says, "You know, it isn't really the blind person's fault that they're blind, so what the hell, let's let them drive!"  Having a mental illness shouldn't be an excuse for you to act like a douche bag and never have to worry about taking responsibility.  You fuck up, you own up.  And yes, being depressed, having ADD, or being bipolar might mean that it's five times harder for you to cope in certain situations, but again, that's the hand you're dealt.  Just as it might be harder for a blind person to get around in a world where vision is important,  the person with the mental health issues has to work harder to cope in social situations.  

I probably shouldn't have tossed in the Assburgers one, because the real illness, Asperger's, is serious.  But, that's the favorite illness on the net lately, and 99% of the people who claim to have it, will tell you they diagnosed it themselves.  That's why I call it Assburgers, fake name illness diagnosed by a fake doctor.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: 2009 May 03, 16:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bring you a fun new toy for your sproglets. Echo's new wading pool is adorable and can be used by both toddlers and kidlets.
http://nene.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=327949

Thats right! A pretty freesite creation with no gimmicks or tricks. Maturity for the win Wink

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1015 on: 2009 May 03, 17:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for clarifying what you meant Darqstar.  I must admit I do get a little hypersensitive on the topic.  I've come across people who honestly believe that there is no such thing as a mental illness, or ADD or Aspergers or any of those.  That there just another way of scamming money out of people, and another excuse that people can fabricate to justify their existence.  That and the fact that you mentioned Aspergers in the list, which is still a raw nerve with me (I was diagnosed as having it when I was little, but it wasn't until I was 26 that my mother told me that I had it.  It came as quite a shock, but it did indeed explain a few things for me.)

I do agree that there is a degree of choice and accountability.  Everyone has choice, regardless of their situation.  It would be crazy to say that a blind person chooses to be blind, or that you choose to have ADD. But you can choose how you deal with it, and what actions to take.  And you are right, just about everyone has some sort of a mental condition, but for some most its an endearing little quirk . . . .

I could continue, but right now its 3 am, and I am now so tired I feel nauseous, shakey and weepy.  I really should be getting to bed ASAP.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: 2009 May 03, 20:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ashbashtus - That pool is so cute! I had her old one in my game for a long, long time, this one is even better!

Axeleefe - Is it even possible for you to say you screwed up without adding how everyone else is wrong, too?

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: 2009 May 03, 20:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless you are a deep sea diver, I'd not hold my breath on that one, Dusdee. You may pop a lung or pass out waiting.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: 2009 May 03, 21:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for clarifying what you meant Darqstar.  I must admit I do get a little hypersensitive on the topic.  I've come across people who honestly believe that there is no such thing as a mental illness, or ADD or Aspergers or any of those.  That there just another way of scamming money out of people, and another excuse that people can fabricate to justify their existence.
And you deny that this is so? None of these things exist. Note the complete lack of historical backing for them. They are purely made-up conditions intended to stigmatize otherwise harmless behavior, or to justify obnoxious behavior. There's no "ADD", there is merely "not beating your kids often enough".

I could continue, but right now its 3 am, and I am now so tired I feel nauseous, shakey and weepy.  I really should be getting to bed ASAP.
Walk it off, you pussy.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: 2009 May 03, 22:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, has it ever occurred to you that you may just be someone's garlic pizza with anchovies inspired nightmare? It would surely explain many things about you.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: