PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:28:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 592016 times)
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #675 on: 2009 March 09, 05:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just found this Russian Banya set by Jeka:

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=272692

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: 2009 March 10, 01:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Farting hearts for these right now: http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=10687.0
Must now go make some vampires!

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2009 March 10, 02:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why have I not seen this before? Does anyone use this? Does it work? Should I just try it myself and shut up? Maybe I should just ask myself "WHY".

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=310249

It does work. I got it right when it came out, and used it on several apartments. I love it, makes the apartments look better.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
apple_snap
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 2009 March 10, 06:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of my favorite houses in my game.  I love the challenge of having a Sim family with little money gradually turn their crappy house into a beautiful home.  Mostly because I've downloaded so many beautiful things that don't cost much in game, that it's not a real challenge to create a beautiful home on little money anymore. 

Derelict Dreamhome (not brand new, but I didn't see it here yet - but apologies if I missed it)
http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=268417
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2009 March 11, 02:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS2's downloads won't be available again til the 12th!

But I can wait.... I love that derelict house.

How creepily ... topical of that lot. According to something I read on either MSN Money or Yahoo, suburbs are going to be the new slums-- with unsold houses gathering weeds, squatters, and people selling their homes quickly to unsavory types. (The gist of it is that its smarter to rent than buy) ANYWAY...

I never know quite how to feel when real life creeps into my game but I think I'll make an exception for aelflaed
apple_snap
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2009 March 11, 02:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think with the sad state of things right now - we're going to be forced to adopt a more community atmosphere.  Right now, in my neighborhood, no one talks to one another - but it's totally true - we have several foreclosed homes on our block & maybe we could all pitch in and do the yards from time to time.  I don't know - maybe that's why I like poor challenges & the Broke family so much - success stories!!   Smiley

Sims is total escapism for me - in real life, I can't go to work in a helicopter or name my kids Count Chocula & Frankenberry.  heh

Thanks for the note on MTS2! - I'm going to be in a dark corner, slowly rocking back & forth until they come back. 
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #681 on: 2009 March 11, 02:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah.  I'm lucky, got some good neighbors.  Like the kid across the street torn between college and rotc, or going straight in to the service, and his family who are broncos fans, even though we live in atlanta.

And the neighborhood is well kept up too.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: 2009 March 11, 02:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think with the sad state of things right now - we're going to be forced to adopt a more community atmosphere.  Right now, in my neighborhood, no one talks to one another - but it's totally true - we have several foreclosed homes on our block & maybe we could all pitch in and do the yards from time to time.  I don't know - maybe that's why I like poor challenges & the Broke family so much - success stories!!   Smiley
Oh, man. I've been hearing of special neighborhood watches and communities banding together to keep an eye out for squatters on eachother's homes as well as doing a bit of yard work here and there. People who stain that astro turf stuff for athletic fields are working overtime to keep lawns green and make it look more lived in. Its not happening everywhere and not right away but its happening. At least the banding together is a positive.

Sims is total escapism for me - in real life, I can't go to work in a helicopter or name my kids Count Chocula & Frankenberry.  heh
Thanks for the note on MTS2! - I'm going to be in a dark corner, slowly rocking back & forth until they come back. 

HA! What are you, a New Zealander? My most daring name was "Erinyes" (a last name)

What? I like re-enacting mythological tales and folklore as best I can in the sim world. *cough* Sans incest*/cough* How's that for escapism?
apple_snap
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 2009 March 11, 03:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hee - I'm not as creative with the escapism as all that.  I have been doing an experiment lately though - speaking of incest (ick) - how far removed do Sim cousins need to be before they can hook up?  I know - warped, but I've always been curious...  I might have one giant infertile neighborhood soon...

I got on a kick of naming kids after breakfast cereals.  After Snap, Crackle, & Pop, things had to get a little more adventurous.  Honey Smacks?  Kinda sounds inappropriate.

By the way - I've had "I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS" stuck in my head since your post.   Grin
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 2009 March 11, 03:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hee - I'm not as creative with the escapism as all that.  I have been doing an experiment lately though - speaking of incest (ick) - how far removed do Sim cousins need to be before they can hook up?  I know - warped, but I've always been curious...  I might have one giant infertile neighborhood soon...

I got on a kick of naming kids after breakfast cereals.  After Snap, Crackle, & Pop, things had to get a little more adventurous.  Honey Smacks?  Kinda sounds inappropriate.

ooh. Cereal names. How about:
Quisp, Cerbi, Alphabits, Total, Cheerios, Shreddies, Ezekiel, GoLean,  Chex, Trix, Kix, Vive, and what the hey, HeartyMorning

I mostly play with house and decorating. I have no clue about the cousin thing. Do I want to know? It'd take forever to find out,so I wouldn't be surprised if the creators were like "meh" and had the sims forget they're related after a certain point.

But such talk is merely guessing. Will someone test that out for us? (resists making Bluth joke)

By the way - I've had "I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS" stuck in my head since your post.   Grin
que??
« Last Edit: 2009 March 11, 03:33:36 by oolongteadrinker » Logged
apple_snap
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2009 March 11, 03:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Derelict - Zoolander

Love the cereals - esp. Shreddies.  Hmmmm - sounds like he might be kind of violent.  I like it.  hehe  That's my problem too - I like building & decorating more than the patience of growing generations of Sims.  I'll let you know if I find out through play about the cousins thing - but it might be around 2011. 

Oh, and Soggyfox - I love that you know your neighbors so well.  That's really sweet.   Smiley 
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 2009 March 11, 05:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also a builder. I play on a Mac so it can only take so many character files before it starts freakin' out, anyway. I also almost went to school for interior design (before switching to advertising), so I've always had a soft spot for it.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: 2009 March 11, 06:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a skitsophrenic(sp?), bipolar gemini with OCD, I have explored every possible way to play the game. I have all the EPs, so I have tons of sims with extensive life histories and generations of business owners, college graduates, farmers, home owners and renters. They live in elaborate neighborhoods with a variety of architectural styles. I'm a total control freak when it comes to my sims though, so most of them have no free will or motive/aspiration decay. I'm sort of a dictator god when I play, but I do take good care of my sims, always keeping them green and happy. Townies are the exception, I love torturing them.
I will spend days building a house and days decorating it. I love the architectural and interior design aspects of the game. I used to build very detailed houses out of legos when I was a kid. I also made and played with paperdolls a lot, hence my name. The Sims allows me the same enjoyment, but with way better graphics. Grin
I love the game, even if I'm not crazy about the politics behind it.

I think I'll try that cousins thing to see how far it goes. My kind of challenge. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

My Deviant artwork here.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 2009 March 11, 06:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a total control freak when it comes to my sims though, so most of them have no free will or motive/aspiration decay. I'm sort of a dictator god when I play, but I do take good care of my sims, always keeping them green and happy.
If you DON'T HAVE ANY MOTIVE DECAY, then your sims don't need to *DO* anything! Of course they're happy. Also, you SUCK as a player.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: 2009 March 11, 06:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a total control freak when it comes to my sims though, so most of them have no free will or motive/aspiration decay. I'm sort of a dictator god when I play, but I do take good care of my sims, always keeping them green and happy.
If you DON'T HAVE ANY MOTIVE DECAY, then your sims don't need to *DO* anything! Of course they're happy. Also, you SUCK as a player.

Perhaps, but I do sometimes let the motive decay stay on in order to explore certain aspects that require it. The reason I keep it off a lot of the time is so I can have them do what I want without them having to got to the bathroom or go to sleep. Sometimes I just want to see what will happen in certain situations.
It's just the way I play. It's not for everyone. My mother plays also. She just builds houses and creates the sims, but she doesn't play them. I always play mine, so our style of play is quite different. That versatility is a big part of what I like about the game.

To each his own. You play your way and I'll play mine.  Grin

My Deviant artwork here.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: