PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:53:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 591979 times)
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #495 on: 2009 February 18, 07:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Growing up, I lived in a house full of stray cats. It seems like every time my mom said "__ is enough", another bedraggled, hungry kitty would be mewing at our door. One in particular just about broke my heart- my Jinx. I found this poor little barely weaned black kitten shivering in a snow pile outside our front porch, mewing. As scared as he was of me at first, he couldn't even run away when I approached him because he simply didn't have the energy. I grabbed him, brought him inside and wrapped him in a warm towel, and promptly looked at my mom ( I was about 16 at the time) and said "Can we keep it?" He looked at her, and one mew and she gave in. We then ran him to the vet across the street. He grew up to be a wonderful, friendly cat who fiercely hated snow.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2009 February 18, 07:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We then ran him to the vet across the street. He grew up to be a wonderful, friendly cat who fiercely hated snow.

You can't really blame him for hating snow, can you? I mean, if I was in snow and it almost killed me, I would never want to see the stuff again. My cat hates snow, but my cat is just odd. He hates a lot of things.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #497 on: 2009 February 18, 12:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cats are evolved for deserts - that being said, while some can function in cold, snow is another matter [domestic cats, not wild cats].  The wet makes it impossible for them to fend off the snow, and thus leads to sick, miiserable kitties.  This is also why most domestic cats hate submersion in water in general - they're not evolved for it.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #498 on: 2009 February 18, 13:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll remember that next time I see a kitteh hovering around my birds.  Had previously planned to fire a champagne bottle at them (the kittehs, not the birds.)

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2009 February 18, 15:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I luvs me some Criquette.

Embankments

Check these out

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #500 on: 2009 February 18, 17:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny enough, we had a cat named Jinx who loved snow.  He'd run outside and dive headfirst into snowbanks...  He had a layer of fur that got pretty greasy, and we figured it provided pretty good waterproofing.

He also occasionally slept in the bathroom sink and played with the hose if someone was watering outside.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2009 February 18, 17:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Gang of Six all blame the Spousal Unit and I for snow--and they don't even go outside.  We open the door, they peer out and then give us a look that says, all too clearly, "WTF did you do that for?"

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2009 February 18, 18:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I luvs me some Criquette.

Embankments

Check these out

Wow, complete and utter awesomeness!  My download folder can't decide to hate you or Criquette more.  But me?  I'm happy.  What's a few more minutes of loading time when you have such nice goodies to play with.

Cat news?  I took Jesse James to the vet today for his annual. (Annual, not that other word you probably saw first, so get your mind out of the gutter)  He's in marvelous health and the vet was shocked with how huge he is.  (Not fat, just a biiiig cat)  Last year when we brought him in the vet said he was a year old (we'd found him two weeks earlier)  I said no, he was a lot younger.  He insisted.  I insisted by telling him that we were sure Jesse was a girl and had named him New York, then in the next week, the boys fell, New York had a package and became Jesse James.   The vet said then that maybe, just maybe he was ten or twelve months old, but life on the streets had stunted the hormones.

Now the vet is of the opinion that I was right.  "That cat is HUGE!  I thought it was going to be a smallish cat.  I guess he was pretty young when you took him in." 

He's got paws the size of half dollars. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2009 February 18, 23:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some cats have evolved for snowy conditions, look at the Maine Coonie Cat and the Norwegian cat. My Magoo loved snow when he was younger, so long as I brought it in for him to play with while he sat in the tub. Odd, strange cat and I really miss that scratchy meow and smooth motor purr. (Magoo was half Maine Coon, half barn, totally spoiled.)

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2009 February 18, 23:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Gang of Six all blame the Spousal Unit and I for snow--and they don't even go outside.  We open the door, they peer out and then give us a look that says, all too clearly, "WTF did you do that for?"

That is the same thing my cat does. He will go up to me or my mom and ask to be let outside, and if its raining or there is snow on the ground, he sits and stares at it, then looks at us like its our fault its there. Just a few weeks ago we had like 6 inches of snow outside, and he wanted out. So I opened the door, he saw the snow there and wanted to keep looking (mind you, it was 5 degrees out that day). So since he wouldn't move from the door I picked him up and set him in the snow. He was trying so hard to find a way to walk on the snow so he could get back inside without touching the snow anymore. He fail miserably, and wouldn't look at me for a week after that.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2009 February 18, 23:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of cats, MANGO SIMS has a decorative cat in one of their sets! I can't remember which one, though. Undecided Nevertheless, I hope you've caught my rather obvious hint. Cheesy

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2009 February 18, 23:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some cats have evolved for snowy conditions, look at the Maine Coonie Cat and the Norwegian cat. My Magoo loved snow when he was younger, so long as I brought it in for him to play with while he sat in the tub. Odd, strange cat and I really miss that scratchy meow and smooth motor purr. (Magoo was half Maine Coon, half barn, totally spoiled.)

Yes, but they themselves are descended from desert animals. Things like more body mass and thicker coats are superficial additions. The desert body design remains mostly unchanged as evidenced in their habits, and digestive tracts.

For example, nearly all cats regardless of coat or breed gravitate toward what most people would assume are uncomfortably hot places-- near a kiln, or a radiator, etc.

Their digestive tracts also absorb more water than other carnivores of similar niche. (that might explain why most people consider cat feces more offensive in odor to things like dogs or ferrets, whatever.

There are other more subtle signs, but you get the point.

Of course I forgot what I was originally planning to say. The embankments and trains are amazing. It never ceases to surprise me what the community members of the sims will come up with.

Usually for things that someone like me would never think they were even missing. But now that I see those things I wonder how I could overlook it. MUST HAVE NOW *grabs*

You know, I was just thinking I need to build a museum for my neighborhood and this will work out really well.  Thank you! 

Good luck with it! That was my reaction when I saw it on Ogularama. Shit! I need to make a museum for my game!
Ogularama does not get nearly the amount of love it deserves. If it did, I think we'd see more updates.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 19, 00:18:47 by oolongteadrinker » Logged
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #507 on: 2009 February 19, 00:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup - I've got acat thats some sort of snowcat - norwegian at a guess, and she's got thick fur, fuzzy toes - and if you get her wet she goes from sweet goof to terrified monser with claws and teeth.

They handle cold okay, its the -wet- that can still not only get to them, but -kill- them.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2009 February 19, 01:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magoo really was an oddball, then. He adored a warm bath with lavender-scented cat shampoo. I told you he was spoiled. Suzie will tolerate it, but she has to be really suffering from fleas or dandruff. Since we switched her diet and the way we handle the fleas, she's not needed one for some time. High-quality diet = less dandruff/NO dandruff and high quality coat, among other things.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2009 February 19, 01:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of cats, MANGO SIMS has a decorative cat in one of their sets! I can't remember which one, though. Undecided Nevertheless, I hope you've caught my rather obvious hint. Cheesy

Damn you vile woman! My obsessive link clicking compelled me to click that link, and now I'm on yet another download spree. I love you, my downloads folder hates you Tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: