PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:09:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 591666 times)
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #330 on: 2009 January 28, 04:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also find I'm not all that willing to download individual pieces, I prefer sets instead. And I prefer to download stuff by the same artists than to find a bunch of different ones.  But, I have everything all catagorized and sub catagorized.   I must have a hundred subfolders in my download folder. 

I realize that sometimes I spend more time organizing my downloads than I actually spend playing the game. 

I'm the same way. I love sets. Also I categorize like crazy. But I only have 81 subfolders. Now I feel behind. Sad

Also I yoinked those amazing curtains by Gelydh at GOS. That made for my 81st folder! Does anyone know what that chair is from? It looks like hek's work, am I right?
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2009 January 28, 06:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a little OCD about my dl folder. I have 26 subfolders (i.e. appliances, seating, etc) then in just the deco folder alone I have 70 sub-sub-folders broke down by site/creator lol. I even have folders in some of those folders!
I have a 'go thru' folder too. I'm positive I spend at least 75% of my 'sims time' downloading & organizing!
Not sure where that chair is from (I know the pot & plant is buggybooz)

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: 2009 January 28, 12:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just make subfolders accpording to the categories in DDO. It's easiest that way. Unzip, compressorise, remove duplicates with clean intaller, sort with DDO. I know it sound convoluted but this is actually easiest for me Cheesy

I'd like to delete a whole truckloed of stuffses, but I' afraid I'll bork something. I download a LOT of lots andI hardly ever build one myself, so I'm afraid I'll delete a crapload of building stuff and furniture and completely gut my houses. And there's so much CAS stuff I need to get rid of, but deleting one outfit ingame takes about 4 minutes and I can't possibly find stuff in my dl folder.

I'm afraid I'm past the point of no return. The only option I have is starting all over, but I've got so much stuff from way back when and things I wouldn't find anymore, that's not really an option either.

Oh, and I just found this:

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=289069

No more ruining my themed lots with brown wooden fridges Cheesy

oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2009 January 28, 17:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and I just found this:

No more ruining my themed lots with brown wooden fridges Cheesy
The salvaged stories crap from maty would go great with those cellar "fridges". Leaf bedding. Tarp bedding. Tiki, and rustic wooden stuff. Even a limbo bar.
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2009 January 28, 17:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOVE the fridge and the curtains!

And I think some of you OCD people who have a heart attack if you seen my DL folder. 45 thousand plus files all floating around together Smiley

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: 2009 January 28, 18:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not really OCD, just like to know where things are, when I clean out stuff.  I sort by creators, except for a few odds and ends, and those are sorted by where I got stuff from.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2009 January 28, 19:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOVE the fridge and the curtains!

And I think some of you OCD people who have a heart attack if you seen my DL folder. 45 thousand plus files all floating around together Smiley

That used to be my dl folder on my old computer, since I could only nest folders two subs down.  Of course, when I started DLing stuff, I never thought it would be that much.  "Well a few walls and floors.  Okay, a couple recolors...oh, I MUST have this hair, and that hair, and yes, some pretty outfits and OH BOY NEED TEH SHINY!"  I think a lot of folks start out doing that.  Most of the folks I know who have well organized download folder either remember the days of TS1, or have had their game crash and burn and had to reinstall everything, or have spent hours trying to track down a bad package that was crashing their game. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2009 January 28, 19:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes me look like a total messhead. I've gotten to the point where I have one called "eyes", one called "hair", one called "seating" and so on. If they're in sets, they get their own folder. Such as windows. Windows have their own subfolders if they are in a cool set. Floors have their own, walls have their own, but they're all thrown together because I am NOT gonna take the time to sort the carpet from the tile from the wood. Fuck that. Walls are the same. Hacks get their own folder. Some creators get their own folder, too. *eyes board creators* I'd like to thank each and every one of you for making my game load in about eight minutes time, from click of the icon to choose a neighborhood to play. I have three gigs of CC but what can I say, I get impatient for the damn thing to load!! Cheesy And it's all your damn fault for being too damn good to pass on. Thank you very much, no sarcasm intended. Smiley

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: 2009 January 28, 20:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is my favorite kitchen of all time - I'm not sure why, maybe its the transforming counter pieces - though the end counter is in its own thread.

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=142752

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: 2009 January 28, 20:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lovely!

Want a replacement bottle for your drinking sims?

RUMMMMMMM!  Piratey rum!

http://engram-au.livejournal.com/23670.html

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2009 January 28, 22:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've started doing "date", then subfolder "hair" "clothes" etc. My new laptop is probably gonna be like " WTF ?! I didn't sign up for this !! " Roll Eyes

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: 2009 January 28, 22:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Want a replacement bottle for your drinking sims?

Cheesy Love it! Thanks for that one!

Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2009 January 29, 01:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I tried to look over everything and don't *think* anybody else has pointed these out yet. I found these a few days ago, and think they are beyond adorable-- I use them for all my Sims.

They are available @ GOS here.

I sing along with elevator music.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2009 January 29, 01:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to get Spookymuffin's replacement face templates, but she uses Send Space and I can't get that sucker to work for me, so I is sad tonight. Sad

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2009 January 29, 02:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, your inbox is full.
link baleeted

I'll delete the link once I know you've got them.
  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 January 29, 07:58:22 by pickles » Logged

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: