PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:16:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 597387 times)
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #315 on: 2009 January 27, 15:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOOO Shiny new things! But, alas, I must refrain from downloading anymore stuff until my new notebook gets here Grin. this one huffs and puffs like a fat kid on a flight of steps when I run the game with all of my CC.

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: 2009 January 27, 16:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually carry around an external hard drive so I can download whatever I want, when I want it. I've also acccepted the fact that I'm a download whore and came to terms with it.

*click*

eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2009 January 27, 16:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*kicks self*  I have an 80GB external hard drive and never thought of that...

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2009 January 27, 17:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finally good in the space department  Grin (one point i got down to only 1 gb after a dl spree.... Roll Eyes) Now i got a new 320 gb hd and 1tb external! I can now be in dl heaven ..but *sigh* I still have to unzip/rar them and I'm not going to be my game's #1 fan anytime soon...Oh well! Bring more pretties  Tongue

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
nixy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: 2009 January 27, 18:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: thank you for slaving the colors. Hope I'm using the tern correctly. I wish desperately that more creators would do that sort of thing. Not that I'm picky. A good creation is a good creation, but the slave files make this a fucking great creation!

You're welcome. Since I usually have 50-70,000 files in my game at any one time (currently trying to find the crash-causing problems in 80,000+, which is just as much fun as you might guess), I have personal incentive to keep the number of files required to be in the game low. I learned how to do master/slave at practically the same time I learned how to make a mesh, so it was easy for me to just make it all part of the same process from the very beginning. It's actually very easy, and I wish more creators would do it, too.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: 2009 January 27, 18:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here, here!  I learned that pretty fast too - can't remember what it was I first made that was slaved, but I know it was to a maxis object.  Just wish there was some way to go in and replace/remove all the hard to recolour stuff [like stairs and fences] with recolourables just like objects.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: 2009 January 27, 19:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread is killing me. My desktop blew up and I'm waiting for the parts I ordered to arrive so I can rebuild it. I only have my laptop which has a tiny HD and won't play the Sims. And every day I come here and find more awesomeness that I MUST. HAVE.
I hate this thread - you'd think I could just wait and not look, but nooOOooo. . . .

aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2009 January 27, 20:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto!My download folder is about to explode...But the dollies are so great, i must grab them !!! Roll Eyes

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2009 January 27, 20:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I make a folder called "DownloadSpree(insert date)" in my downloads folder. It helps with crashing problems after a download spree (which always happens to me). If there's no problems I move the contents of that folder to their respective subfolders.

oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2009 January 27, 20:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread is killing me. My desktop blew up and I'm waiting for the parts I ordered to arrive so I can rebuild it. I only have my laptop which has a tiny HD and won't play the Sims. And every day I come here and find more awesomeness that I MUST. HAVE.
I hate this thread - you'd think I could just wait and not look, but nooOOooo. . . .

Don't spread this around, but *whisper* when I find my dl folder about to 'splode I go through all the cc and look for stuff that's old and out of fashion. It's easy to find things that I wanted at the time but never use. What's most helpful is looking for the stuff that's a bit outdated. (not counting my period era  themed stuff) Stuff that looked good in 2005 but maybe is not so flattering in '09. (why did I download those cute but clubby looking dresses in 2006?) It hurts to get rid of, but keeps my sims current.
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 2009 January 27, 20:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a very good idea eternal_darkness!!!~ too bad..I didn't see your idea b4 my dls folder got this bad...(in all honesty I have not even bothered to look)-and I've got so much stuff it isn't even funny. Maybe i should gather the strength and take a look see. Undecided I'm thinking of throwing everything out (i do have a lot of junk crap I don't want..) and trying to start anew. Sometimes I truly think I just dl to dl. I am addicted! *sigh* it may be months before I can get it straight! Delphy's organizer is my only hope. (Thanks!) anyways...off to peek. Cry
« Last Edit: 2009 January 27, 21:57:39 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2009 January 28, 03:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking of throwing everything out (i do have a lot of junk crap I don't want..) and trying to start anew. Sometimes I truly think I just dl to dl. I am addicted! *sigh* it may be months before I can get it straight! Delphy's organizer is my only hope. (Thanks!) anyways...off to peek. Cry

I go through stages like that, too. I think it's like organizing one's closet at home. We have stuff we wear everyday. Stuff we bought and loved in the store, but never look at at home. And stuff that doesn't fit or look good anymore, but served us well in the past.

I've gotten a bit draconian in my download keeper mentality. If I'm not tempted to use certain cc in most houses, than I ask myself, do I reallly like it that much in the first place? Also I have a list of my favorite cc makers. Nixy, Adele, Bruno, Fresh Prince, Buggybooz, Blake Boy, Maylin, Anva, Macarossi,  Phoenix Phaerie, Noukie,  karaskaras, Sleepless Angel--- You get the point. Even if I like cc, it might just be a momentary thing, so I compare it to my ultimate faves. If it doesn't live up to that calibre, it doesn't get space. And my hard drive ain't no friggin' ark.

Oh, look how disciplined and hoity toity I'm being. I've adopted this stance all of a week ago. Roll Eyes
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2009 January 28, 03:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, look how disciplined and hoity toity I'm being. I've adopted this stance all of a week ago. Roll Eyes

A whole week?  Wow! 

All kidding aside, when I lost my old computer and got the "new" one (it was used, but it's new to me) and I realized I could do multiple layers of sub folders, I became positively anal about organizing downloads.  I've got everything organized, pictures in the folders to tell me what is what, so I can tell what I use frequently and what I don't.  If I find I don't use it, out it goes.   I also find I'm not all that willing to download individual pieces, I prefer sets instead. And I prefer to download stuff by the same artists than to find a bunch of different ones.  But, I have everything all catagorized and sub catagorized.   I must have a hundred subfolders in my download folder. 

I realize that sometimes I spend more time organizing my downloads than I actually spend playing the game. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: 2009 January 28, 03:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm that bad too - not only do I sort downloads, but but also as I download its sorted.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2009 January 28, 04:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm crazy about these new curtains by Gelydh

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=9719.new#new

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: