PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:12:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Streetchickers donation files
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Streetchickers donation files  (Read 78166 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: Streetchickers donation files
« Reply #225 on: 2008 December 19, 10:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How was it prepared?
In a fine dish I call "Possum Ala Pescado". The first thing you do is that you tenderize it. This is accomplished by running it over with a vehicle or clubbing it with a blunt instrument. Then you eat it.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2008 December 19, 10:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've eaten some unusual things, heh...like alligator, ostrich, buffalo, snails...I'd like to try rattlesnake someday...but I don't think I could choke possum down for a million bucks. Pescado is obviously a true nature lover. Wink

Seriously? Just looking at that poor cow's big brown eyes and i feel like a monster each time i eat meat...

My grandpa tried to feed me my pet rabbit once. 'Nuff said.

My father wanted me to eat my chicken... Cheesy now that sound strange to say! in fact, i got a chicken for christmas by some strange crazy uncle and well,since i couldnt have other animals i kept it. When i return from school a week after, it was already in the pan. Now, i have a cat. Grin

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
CellBlockTango
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2008 December 19, 11:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read an article the other day about carbohydrates so I thought I'd mention it here. I heard it on the news, but here's a link to the story: http://www.newsguardian.co.uk/nhshealth/Lowcarb-diets-and-memory.4795899.jp

Of course, a study of just 19 people can hardly be deemed the be-all-and-end-all of scientific fact-finding, but maybe someone here will find it interesting.

As for eating wierd things, the wierdest stuff I've eaten are crocodile, impala, warthog (I know it's basically the same as eating pork, but come on, it's Pumba!) frogs legs and snails. My mother in particular loves frog legs. Wierdo. Oh also, on a vegetarian note, my mum once served up seaweed soup. It was the most disgusting thing I've evever encountered - it was basically just a bowl of sea water. Bleh! We've never let her live it down.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: 2008 December 19, 12:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My dad did that to my sister. She cried all the way through dinner. Cheesy

Seriously? Just looking at that poor cow's big brown eyes and i feel like a monster each time i eat meat...

You should see cows up close - they're scary looking mofos.  Doesn't make me sorry to eat them at all.

As for eating wierd things, the wierdest stuff I've eaten are crocodile, impala, warthog (I know it's basically the same as eating pork, but come on, it's Pumba!) frogs legs and snails.

Did you sing Hakuna Matata to it? Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2008 December 19, 14:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've eaten pet rabbits by the dozens. Pet goats, sheep, and chickens too. In my opinion, people who won't eat delicious pets simply haven't been hungry enough yet.

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: 2008 December 19, 15:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My family is from Virginia. I've eaten that which normal people would not.  Cheesy

Deer, Rabbit, Squirrel, Pheasant, Alligator *tastes like chicken  Cheesy*, Mutton *is not so good*...
Crawdads/crayfish...

Plus, B/F is a bow hunter, so I gets to eat what he gets, too. Oh, yay.  Tongue

I actually just try something once and then avoid it all costs, but, meh..lol

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Darby
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2008 December 19, 15:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Late to the honeybee discussion, but here's another potential explanation for colony collapse that I don't think has been covered yet.

As a major believer in natural ("organic") gardening, farming, & livestock rearing, I'm not surprised to see yet another reason why our modern methods of food-production are perhaps not the best.    Tongue

Different topic:
Adults insisting their kids eat beloved pets is pretty sad.  But despite preferring to be in the country, I'm a thoroughly city bred animal lover and have never been directly exposed to real hard-core farm life.  I understand the realities kids raised on farms have to come to terms with even as I recognize total wimpiness about it in myself.  Even so, I have a hard time understanding why some people aren't willing to spare the occasional special pet for the sake of a kid who loves it.  Some "life lessons" can be bypassed, can't they?  Undecided    

In general, I have no moral objection to the eating of tasty aminals, but I do think the way we treat our food animals is horribly appalling.  Hunting is way more humane!
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2008 December 19, 15:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a major believer in natural ("organic") gardening, farming, & livestock rearing, I'm not surprised to see yet another reason why our modern methods of food-production are perhaps not the best.    Tongue

The problem with Organic food is that most of the time, people don't have a clue.  I work in a grocery store and it's well known that most of "our" organic brand is really the same store brand with a different box put on it.  If you are really into eating organic, make sure the product is certified organic, not just "The label says," and know what it means to be organic.   At this point, the term is too loose. 

Different topic:
Adults insisting their kids eat beloved pets is pretty sad.  But despite preferring to be in the country, I'm a thoroughly city bred animal lover and have never been directly exposed to real hard-core farm life.  I understand the realities kids raised on farms have to come to terms with even as I recognize total wimpiness about it in myself.  Even so, I have a hard time understanding why some people aren't willing to spare the occasional special pet for the sake of a kid who loves it.  Some "life lessons" can be bypassed, can't they?  Undecided  

I suppose that would depend on the circumstances of the family and what the "pet" truly is.  A rabbit that was raised to be a pet, and for no hardship reason is suddenly turned into dinner?  That's wrong.  The only lesson I could see to be learned by that is, "Adults lie and don't become attached to anything." 

However, if it's a farm animal, bred and raised for the specific reason of meat/fur/etc. and a kid "makes" it a pet?  Then it's a different story.  I would hope, however, that as the child started becoming attached to the creature, that it would be pointed out several times, that the animals true purpose is going to be one the child is not going to be happy with. 

My father grew up on a farm, and was born at the tail end of the Great Depression.  He learned pretty quick that most animals were the difference between starving and not.  The hunting dogs could be made into pets, the milking cows too (if you'd want to make a pet out of a cow) but the pigs and chickens?  Unless they were breeding stock, he knew from day one what their place in the world was.   Of course, life on a farm back then had its own lessons to be learned.  He saw puppies getting trampled by pigs or stuck under farm equipment, and other not so fun things.  And it wasn't that the family disliked their hunting dogs, hunting dogs were damned valuable.  It's just that puppies get everywhere and back then, no one would have dreamed of putting dogs in a pen or on a leash on a farm, unless they were dangerous.

On a similar, but weird note, I told my husband that if we were ever in a plane accident where I died and he lived, that if there was no food source, I fully expected him to eat my body to survive and that if he didn't, I'd haunt his ass forever going, "What are you, stupid?  180lbs of fat and protein right near by and you starved to death?"

His reaction?  He said he'd do it and not be worried, because I'm an organ donor.  He came to grips with the idea that I consider my body meat once my spirit leaves it.   As he puts it, "When I die, I believe my body is still sacred and deserves to be treated with respect.  You, on the other hand, are planning on having a yard sale." 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2008 December 19, 16:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a similar, but weird note, I told my husband that if we were ever in a plane accident where I died and he lived, that if there was no food source, I fully expected him to eat my body to survive and that if he didn't, I'd haunt his ass forever going, "What are you, stupid?  180lbs of fat and protein right near by and you starved to death?"
Whenever I get on a ship or plane, I immediately examine the other passengers and compile a list of who will be eaten first.

His reaction?  He said he'd do it and not be worried, because I'm an organ donor.  He came to grips with the idea that I consider my body meat once my spirit leaves it.   As he puts it, "When I die, I believe my body is still sacred and deserves to be treated with respect.  You, on the other hand, are planning on having a yard sale."
When I die, I will almost certainly be eaten. In fact, I will probably be killed and eaten. The only reason it hasn't happened already is that, apparently, I taste revolting. My organs are probably unfit for use in other humans, but I'm sure some bioresearch lab wants to take a look at them. I'm sure something that oozes caustic black ichor is not something anyone wants transplanted into them.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2008 December 19, 16:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever I get on a ship or plane, I immediately examine the other passengers and compile a list of who will be eaten first.

Regardless of if they die or not, right? 

When I die, I will almost certainly be eaten. In fact, I will probably be killed and eaten. The only reason it hasn't happened already is that, apparently, I taste revolting. My organs are probably unfit for use in other humans, but I'm sure some bioresearch lab wants to take a look at them. I'm sure something that oozes caustic black ichor is not something anyone wants transplanted into them.

If that were me, I'd encourage my enemies to eat me when I died and hopefully take them with me.  The afterlife will be a boring place if I don't have my enemies to piss on. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Mheyin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2008 December 19, 16:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also grew up in the midwest (central Iowa), and the things I've been offered to eat have haunted me...

I'm about fifteen minutes outside of Chicago. My grandpa (from northern Minnesota) used to eyeball my pet bunny every time he came down to visit. Thankfully, my mother talked him out of cooking it. He did try to encourage my two sisters and me to eat deer once by exclaiming, "Come on! It's just Bambi!" He was met with three wailing children and the furious slaps of my mother.  Cheesy

I don't care how revolting you taste. You've already mentioned that your blood is caffeinated. I'm waiting with my straw in hand...

Yo-ho, haul together,
Hoist the colors high!
Heave-ho, thieves and beggars,
Never say we die!
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: 2008 December 19, 16:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<- two hours from Chicago.

I'll be waiting with a straw as well, Pes. *waggles brows* We'll suck you dry. Wait, that's not intended to be dirty. Cheesy

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: 2008 December 19, 17:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose that would depend on the circumstances of the family and what the "pet" truly is.  A rabbit that was raised to be a pet, and for no hardship reason is suddenly turned into dinner?  That's wrong.  The only lesson I could see to be learned by that is, "Adults lie and don't become attached to anything." 

My dad never explicitly said it was a pet or for eating, so when it was slaughtered and time to cook, this "pet" development was new.  They did keep chickens and stuff too - so it wasn't a new thing that stuff in the backyard would die.

Isn't it bizarre the stuff you discuss? Cheesy I'm sure I've said the same thing to my husband. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2008 December 19, 17:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the exact same thing after watching a movie. Don't remember the plot much, only that they were in a crashed plane somewhere, stuck in the ice,and they all started to eat the dead passengers ...
In the other hand, i wonder : If the roles were reversed and you end up being rescued, what will you say to  his family? Sorry, we can't burry your son because i ate him? Scary!! Cheesy

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Mheyin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2008 December 19, 17:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the exact same thing after watching a movie. Don't remember the plot much, only that they were in a crashed plane somewhere, stuck in the ice,and they all started to eat the dead passengers ...
In the other hand, i wonder : If the roles were reversed and you end up being rescued, what will you say to  his family? Sorry, we can't burry your son because i ate him? Scary!! Cheesy

I think you'd just have to leave it at "he didn't make it." Or point to the guy next to you and say "he did it!!"  Cheesy

Yo-ho, haul together,
Hoist the colors high!
Heave-ho, thieves and beggars,
Never say we die!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: