PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:19:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Streetchickers donation files
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Streetchickers donation files  (Read 79180 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: Streetchickers donation files
« Reply #165 on: 2008 December 18, 03:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I never said it was lethal, just it was bad for you.  Thing is, I've reached the conclusion in 40-something...I mean 36 years that artificial foods are bad for me, in general.  Stevia has been told to me by many nutritionists to either lower blood sugar, or at least not raise it - its also more environmentally friendly and -tastes- better.

I don't think stevia tastes better, but to each their own. I always try to eat whole, unprocessed foods as much as possible. Frankly, sugar is poison to me because I'm hypoglycemic...it makes me pass out. Hypoglycemia is a precursor to Diabetes. If I eat anything that contains sugar or too many carbohydrates (which metabolize as sugar in the body) I'm setting up my system to crash and burn. Most of what I eat isn't sweet, artificially or naturally, so the scant amount of sweetener I ingest now I'm not too worried about.

I think we as a society here in the U.S. (where I am) eat way too much sugar and artificial junk all the time. Have you checked out the amounts of corn syrup in packaged foods on the grocery shelves? I'm more worried about that crap than most other food additives, myself.

I -am- diabetic so yeah.  I do love cookies and such though, on occasion, so I'm trying to figure out substitutes that are natural and wholesome.  And if you want a good whole fiber bread, look for Arnold beads - no corn syrup.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2008 December 18, 04:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. I've never met an artificial sweetener which didn't give me a migraine within 30 minutes of consuming it, so I avoid them like the plague. I also mercilessly mock people I see using 'em, but I do that in private. It's more like "hehehe, fake sugar is dumb, lol" than a vicious thing though, if it makes you feel any better about ignoring my opinions.  Tongue

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: 2008 December 18, 06:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Wiki entry on aspartame and their link to some info about the "aspartame controversy" (and so Calalily doesn't kill me, please check the external links! There are some good links within to actual studies by actual scientists Wink)

Oh how the mighty have fallen with their Wiki-linkage. Cheesy Saying 'check the external links' will not save you!

As for aspartame or anything else - I minimise as much as my exposure as possible.  I don't like artificial sweetener tastes - tastes just like sugar my arse - plus, I know that case studies are not infallible, and some scientific studies have identified potential problems.  Since it is largely unnecessary to have MOAR chemicals, I would prefer to have less.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008 December 18, 07:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Wiki entry on aspartame and their link to some info about the "aspartame controversy" (and so Calalily doesn't kill me, please check the external links! There are some good links within to actual studies by actual scientists Wink)

Oh how the mighty have fallen with their Wiki-linkage. Cheesy Saying 'check the external links' will not save you!

As for aspartame or anything else - I minimise as much as my exposure as possible.  I don't like artificial sweetener tastes - tastes just like sugar my arse - plus, I know that case studies are not infallible, and some scientific studies have identified potential problems.  Since it is largely unnecessary to have MOAR chemicals, I would prefer to have less.

Pffft! And she ignores the 18 billion other links I put up Tongue Cheesy (and, I doubt dear Calalily wants to be reminded of her own wiki wanderings; I have more too! Ha, ha! Blackmail! Cheesy). It's true that case studies are not infallible (on both sides of things), but blinded experiments and tests are pretty much the best way to really understand what is actually happening with both the product and the human body. Besides the more (good) tests that are done the closer we get to the truth of things; there are many small studies which show effects that disappear when re-tested with better controls and larger groups.

Plus, I'm hardly arguing for its tastiness, it does taste like crap (imo), and I don't use it myself (although I do prefer diet coke to regular coke, heh). However, I also just think accepting claims like many of those presented here on such scant and spotty evidence is not the best way to go.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2008 December 18, 07:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pffft! And she ignores the 18 billion other links I put up Tongue Cheesy (and, I doubt dear Calalily wants to be reminded of her own wiki wanderings; I have more too! Ha, ha! Blackmail! Cheesy).

I am truly and deeply shamed I could not find an empirical study on macros and memes.  Cheesy

It's true that case studies are not infallible (on both sides of things), but blinded experiments and tests are pretty much the best way to really understand what is actually happening with both the product and the human body. Besides the more (good) tests that are done the closer we get to the truth of things; there are many small studies which show effects that disappear when re-tested with better controls and larger groups.

I agree - I think the case studies are pretty solid - I did look for anti-aspartame studies, but found their logic non-logical.  One of the studies proposed that because brain tumours were increasing in the population as a whole, then aspartame might be the cause. Pfffft with extra fft. That's like trying to find the carcinogenic link for cancer in the rise of emoism.

Plus, I'm hardly arguing for its tastiness, it does taste like crap (imo), and I don't use it myself (although I do prefer diet coke to regular coke, heh). However, I also just think accepting claims like many of those presented here on such scant and spotty evidence is not the best way to go.

I can't stand diet coke, and I'm not much fond of coke. I prefer Aussie brands, although I did find some IRN BRU at the supermarket the other day and am looking forward to trying it.  I didn't think you were advocating tastiness - I made a new paragraph to separate ma thoughts.  Kiss

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 December 18, 07:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree - I think the case studies are pretty solid - I did look for anti-aspartame studies, but found their logic non-logical.  One of the studies proposed that because brain tumours were increasing in the population as a whole, then aspartame might be the cause. Pfffft with extra fft. That's like trying to find the carcinogenic link for cancer in the rise of emoism.
Well, studies have found that research is the leading cause of cancer in rats.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2008 December 18, 07:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am truly and deeply shamed I could not find an empirical study on macros and memes.  Cheesy

Don't toy with me! I told you I have more! MORE! BE AFRAID! Angry Cheesy

I can't stand diet coke, and I'm not much fond of coke. I prefer Aussie brands, although I did find some IRN BRU at the supermarket the other day and am looking forward to trying it.  I didn't think you were advocating tastiness - I made a new paragraph to separate ma thoughts.  Kiss

Not a huge fan of coke of any sort either, but if I was forced to drink a cola I would choose diet coke every single time (despite its bizarre, chemical after taste). Regular coke tastes so syrupy to me, and it hurts my teeth. Blech. I've never tried Irn Bru, but it sounds tasty.

See! Research wins again! Cheesy
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: 2008 December 18, 08:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a study could reliably find that lab techs with injectables are the leading cause of cancer in rats. Cheesy

Don't toy with me! I told you I have more! MORE! BE AFRAID! Angry Cheesy

All with mando disclaimers. Tongue Fearing you now. Cheesy

Not a huge fan of coke of any sort either, but if I was forced to drink a cola I would choose diet coke every single time (despite its bizarre, chemical after taste). Regular coke tastes so syrupy to me, and it hurts my teeth. Blech. I've never tried Irn Bru, but it sounds tasty.

Makes my teeth feel chalky - Irn Bru was recommended by some pirates here, so hopefully they weren't talking shit. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 December 18, 09:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IRN BRU RULES ALL!

*ahem*

No really, its bloody gorgeous! Its a Scottish soft drink and we drink it by the gallon Cheesy We even have it on tap in places like McDonalds.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2008 December 18, 09:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a British grocery store here in SF that carries it (and the guy who owns it has a Christmas Dr. Who display, which is epic), and I was thinking about trying it.

What exactly DOES it taste like?

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 2008 December 18, 09:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To me its got a fruity taste to it, but that opinion varies from person to person. Nobody knows whats in it as its been brewed in secret for 100 years and the ingredients list is very vague because of that.

Here's a link about it: http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/our-drinks.html - only two people know the recipie and what the 32 flavourings they use are.

And I'm drinking a glass as we speak Grin

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2008 December 18, 10:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a huge fan of coke of any sort either

I'm pretty sure I'm actually allergic to something in cola drinks, because they all give me a bad headache after drinking a single sip. Coca-Cola is the worst offender.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2008 December 18, 10:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heartless, do you drink any type of drink with caffeine in it? Because if you don't, it could be the caffeine giving you the head ache.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2008 December 18, 10:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heartless, do you drink any type of drink with caffeine in it?

That's what I thought too, but I drink Dr. Pepper, iced coffee, and Mountain Dew without a problem. Then I thought, maybe it's the particular brown dye they use in Coca-Cola?
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: 2008 December 18, 13:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes, that is extremely origional, mate *voice dripping with sarcasm*  Smiley

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: