PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 03:19:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Streetchickers donation files
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Streetchickers donation files  (Read 79228 times)
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
Re: Streetchickers donation files
« Reply #120 on: 2008 December 16, 14:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I drink tea with cream and sugar. I like mint teas, green teas and regular tea (Earl Gray is my favorite). Being from the South in the USA, I love sweet Iced Tea. And yes, when I went to Las Vegas recently and asked for sweet iced tea they thought I was nuts. Most every restaurant around here where I live has sweet iced tea.

I like coffee, but with a lot of cream and sugar. One of my good friends quit drinking and found coffee. He drinks it black.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 December 16, 15:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snip*
This may not be news to any Irish pirates, but I just discovered something called a Hot Toddy yesterday. Whiskey, hot water, brown sugar, lemon and clove and by god if it isn't delicious in winter. I think I found a new favourite drink. It's a shame the faux Irish pub I found it in charges 5€60 for it because they go through the trouble of pretending to be Irish. Bastards.
*snip*

I live in Northern Ireland and I can say that I have never heard of that, not even in a passing conversation, it sounds tempting however.
I will ask at college if anyone has heard of it, if they have, I'm going on a mission to find one Cheesy.
CellBlockTango
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2008 December 16, 16:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bleh. Sugary tea = do not want. Sorry Skoria_Bay but in my eyes putting sugar in tea is a total abomination. The odd occasion I've accidently drank my bro's sugary tea instead of my own, it's actually made me retch. I do put loads of sugar in my coffee though.

My flatmates and I are constantly drinking tea. when we first moved in over the summer, the local supermarket had twinings on special offer, so we bought about 500 bags of it. The cashier thought we were nuts. Twinings is brilliant, it's strong so you can use one tea bag for a couple of cups if you're a poor student like us. Plus Stephen Fry told us to drink it, and you cna't argue with him! I'm a brit, so tea is pretty integral to life. It's my parents answer to everything: stressed? ill? upset? too cold? too hot? The answer is always tea.

As for coffee, I never used to like it before uni. Now I love the stuff, whether it's the cheap rats piss from the SU, the expensive rats piss from Starbucks, or a fresh homemade brew, I'm not particularly discerning. Coffee is my lifesaver when I'm hungover in lectures, or have to stay up all night writing an essay, as was the case last weekend. I don't even want to know how much caffeine I drank that night...

Oh also, don't know if this has been mentioned, but has anyone tried Red Bush tea? It's caffeine free so it's perfect before bedtime and it's yummy to boot!
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2008 December 16, 16:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I live in Northern Ireland and I can say that I have never heard of that, not even in a passing conversation, it sounds tempting however.
I will ask at college if anyone has heard of it, if they have, I'm going on a mission to find one Cheesy.

Oh please ask around, I'd like to know. It's possible the guy who runs the place just made something up. (How do you even manage to hold down an Irish pub that doesn't serve Guinness and just has Jameson and Johny Walker for whiskey? He's not even trying anymore.) Doesn't make it any less delicious though.  Smiley

Darby
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008 December 16, 16:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding the issue of outdoor peeing: A number of years ago, I took a master class in composting (yeah yeah, I know - P&L away  Wink)  Anywho, the instructor suggested, at one point, that if you're a guy, or you have a guy, it's beneficial to the compost pile to have him "water" it now and then.  Hubby tells me he obliges me that way when he thinks to.  Sweet man.   Cheesy  (Hell, if I was a guy, I'd do it!)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: 2008 December 16, 16:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh please ask around, I'd like to know. It's possible the guy who runs the place just made something up. (How do you even manage to hold down an Irish pub that doesn't serve Guinness and just has Jameson and Johny Walker for whiskey? He's not even trying anymore.) Doesn't make it any less delicious though.  Smiley

Nah - it's more Scottish as far as I'm aware. They're great when you're sick - the whiskey, lemon and cloves soothe your throat and make you not care you are sick. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008 December 16, 17:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My grandmother used to make us hot toddy's when we were sick as kids. She wouldn't make it really strong, but we would drink it and pass out.  Cheesy  When we woke up we would feel better. It does make your throat feel so much better.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2008 December 16, 17:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah - it's more Scottish as far as I'm aware. They're great when you're sick - the whiskey, lemon and cloves soothe your throat and make you not care you are sick. 

See, I am actualy Scottish, my folks and I have only recently (since June) moved to Northern Ireland, and when Devilfish described that drink, I did think that it sounded more Scottish for some reason.

And how can they NOT serve Guinness?! That is an insult to the Norhern Irish by calling it an Irish bar and not serve that Cheesy.

EDIT:

Tabby, would that also work with the Flu? I have such a bad case of it at the moment, I believe it is man-flu I have.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2008 December 16, 17:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anytime we had any sort of chest congestion, or sore throats we got it. I guess the heat helps to break all that gunk up, and the lemon and cloves soothe your throat.  It should work for your "man flu". 

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2008 December 16, 18:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We always made our hot toddies with tea, fresh lemon, honey, and  a goodly amount of Jack Daniels (black label).  After a couple of them, you don't care that your sick!

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2008 December 16, 18:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coffee smells nice, but I hate the taste of it.  I don't smoke cigarettes.  I don't drink alcohol.  Food used to be my vice.  Since I lost weight, food is only a way to stay alive now.  Tea is good though.  I usually drink green tea.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2008 December 16, 18:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coffee smells nice, but I hate the taste of it.  I don't smoke cigarettes.  I don't drink alcohol.  Food used to be my vice.  Since I lost weight, food is only a way to stay alive now.  Tea is good though.  I usually drink green tea.

Wow, that would not be my lifestyle, you must have the discipline of a monk. I love food, love indulging, I don't even care if I'm not thin anymore, I prefer being chubby. I'm not going to see the other side of 50, probably, but I hear it's not so great anyway  Cheesy

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2008 December 16, 20:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love food. Loving and preparing food yourself is actually a really good way to eat healthily. I know exactly what I'm eating, and know how to make it taste yummy.

I drink alcohol only occasionally, and only a little bit then. It has nothing to do with discipline; I get drunk super-quick and I don't like being drunk. I also get massive hangovers. I don't drink much coffee, I'd usually rather have hot chocolate or tea, though I do like coffee. As for cigarettes, they're utterly disgusting.

My mom used to make me non-alcoholic hot toddies when I was sick. I think I'll make some with alcohol for the holidays this year. My grandmother always used to make whiskey sours for Christmas Eve, so that's our tradition now.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: 2008 December 16, 21:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine always made them with booze, and if she didn't have the honey and lemon, would make me just drink straight shots of Ameretto and tell me -not- to sip it, but to drink it fast.

Worked wonders for colds and sore throats though, and I always got a goos night sleep.

Funny thing, my mom is half german-american and half-slavik american, and my dad is almost entirely of german descent, but we still did the same drink.  I don't know if they ever called it a Hot Toddy though, and I don't know that it was whiskey of any sort.

And Devilfish, that sounds like most of the Irish pubs here, except they actually have good irish drinks, its the lack of irish pub -food- that's lacking...lean corn beef?

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: 2008 December 16, 22:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't smoke.  None of my friends do either.  I drink.  Not as much as Amy Winehouse - not by a quarter.  But I do like a good quality wine, champagne, or cocktail.  (Can't stand beer.  Don't understand why so many people do.  Its disgusting.  Give me a good rose, shiraz, grenache, viogner or bubbly any day.)  Love food.  Good quality stuff.  None of that flavourless deep fried mush some people think is food. Kalamata olives are always good nibblies, a nice triple cream brie.  A well cooked pasta (had a sensational one last night - fettucine puttanesca).  I'm an absolute huge fan of mexican food.  Can't beat nachos covered with sour cream, guacamole, salsa and frijoles.  Or tacos, - with guacamole.  Lurve greek food - sadly husband doesn't, so I rarely get a chance.  Love baklava.  Its sweet but so, so good.  Oh, and chocolate moose, with good chocolate.  And fondue - got a wicked fondue recipe that involves good chocolate, double cream and a dash of Grand Marnier.

Do believe in eating healthy though.  Not just because I medical condition which requires me to try and stick to low GI foods.  But it can taste so much better.  Some people are fooled into thinking that if they binge eat on junk food it will make them feel good.  And it does - for a brief amount of time.  But from that great height, you can end up experiencing even worse lows, which means you eat more of the said bad food.  Your weight gains, and you feel more depressed - its a biological fact, and the whole thing is a vicious, vicious cycle - the worse you eat the worse you feel.  And further more, there are the carb cravings - the desire for fatty, sugary food.  Stop eating that stuff for a month, and you cease to want it, need it, or even enjoy it.  I can stand deep fried food now - makes me feel all icky and slimy inside. 

Still have two sugars in my cup of tea, though  Wink

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: