PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 03:10:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Streetchickers donation files
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Streetchickers donation files  (Read 79227 times)
Darby
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Streetchickers donation files
« Reply #90 on: 2008 December 15, 22:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is, coffee does actually contain beneficial compounds. So, you're drinking your supplements.
Interestingly, my chocolate cravings disappeared when I started drinking coffee daily.  I know coffee and chocolate are similar, but I wonder just how similar?  At any rate, reasonable amounts of both are healthy as well as yummy, that's for sure!

Oh dudes! U should try my mom's coffee dessert!
Oddly enough, as much as I love coffee, I'm not keen on coffee-flavored stuff like coffee ice cream or coffee liqueur.  Does sound good, though. 

HAH!  Good one - thanks!   Grin   Good thing he broke his terrible Mountain Dew habit long ago.  Otherwise, he'd use that article to justify it.

Your husband does sound like quite the character, not to mention tolerant of the time you spend on the PC. 
It's sad to hear about women with non-computer types SO's who complain if they're online or playing a game for more than a few minutes a day.   Roll Eyes  I'm fortunate to be married to a hard-core PC gamer.  He's has no interest in Sims, but loves the fact that I do since it means he can spend more time on HIS computer too.  He also keeps my computer running.   Cheesy

(Actually, those last three sentences are largely moot since he's been working overseas for the last few years anyway.)   
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2008 December 15, 22:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your husband does sound like quite the character, not to mention tolerant of the time you spend on the PC. 
It's sad to hear about women with non-computer types SO's who complain if they're online or playing a game for more than a few minutes a day.   Roll Eyes 

I spend most of my time on the PC doing my thesis, which will make sure he lives in a lifestyle to which he will soon become accustomed.  I just do the sims stuff during the breaks.  So he puts up with it. He does call it my ignor-o-phone though. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2008 December 15, 22:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Expresso has less too - the coffee is pressed because apparently Italians are impatient for coffee, but while it tastes stronger, its actually weaker because its steeping less.

That is true yes. I'm always amused by the North American penchant for drinking big tubs of brown water.

Not in this house - coffee here is brewed strong.  The stuff in shops, no one here who drinks coffee likes it because its so weak.

And I love coffee ice cream and stuff, but that doesn't make me sleepy.  Of course, now I'm diabetic I can't really eat much ice cream - that and grinding my teeth alot has made them real sensitive.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
tired and homeless
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 December 15, 23:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I drink coffee is when I've got like, $6 and up all night studying at the diner. I don't mind it black, but I like one cream, one sugar in mine. Bottomless coffee after eating some sandwich with my laptop and books at the corner booth. I'm not addicted though. I don't make coffee at home, I don't order coffee at breakfast, I don't drink it with family, etc. I get the coffee because its hot and bottomless. I could get water, but its cold. I could get soda, but its cold and I don't like a lot of soda. The coffee is the only thing left.

I don't drink a lot of tea either. I live in the southeast US, and when I say tea, I mean iced black tea. And sweet. I use 3 family sized tea bags and 3 cups of sugar for a gallon of iced (sweet) tea, and everyone loves it - except diabetics and my mother. I have to make about 2-3 gallons a day.

But I find caffeine doesn't really keep me awake. I have no trouble going to sleep after downing a can of soda or glass after glass of tea, or coffee. I don't get sugar rushes either. Energy drinks do nothing for me. I can understand the crash, I just don't get the high :[

I feel gyped.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 December 15, 23:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We don't by ground coffee here, either. We buy the beans and grind our own. Tastes much better.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
simsrocks
ARR!

Sparkle

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 December 15, 23:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this board is hilarious!
I rarely drink coffee, and if I do, it has to be milky and have lots of sugar in it.
Even then, its too bitter.

I think tea has no taste as well, even with sweeteners.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2008 December 15, 23:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Palemato, my ten year old saw that comment. Now I can see I'll have to talk to him about pissing on the bugs outside and how you shouldn't whip your stuff out in the yard.  Grin

You can thank me later.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
CJane
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 December 16, 00:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I can only have so much, I decided to study up on coffee a little and only get the best.  Turns out there are two basic types of beans: Robusta and Arabica.  Robusta beans have been the "default" bean in the U.S. for a long time, but Arabica beans are better.  Smoother, better tasting, and usually a bit lower in caffeine.  Arabica beans haven't been as popular with growers due to being more delicate and harder to deal with than robusta beans. 

Arabica beans are actually more expensive too. That's probably why Robusta have been the default beans - cheapness.  And Coolington loves Celestial Seasonings.

I'm like chemistrycourtney - I drink mucho coffee everyday.

I agree with Coolington...Morning Thunder being my fave of the Celestial Seasonings brand.

I've only recently taken a liking to coffee, and the stronger the better, with no cream and just a bit of sweetener. Not every day for me, but as a treat. Sometimes brewed witha touch of cinnamon.

I've only had Starbucks once, and someone else bought it for me. Can't justify the expense myself. I think home brewed is much tastier.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 December 16, 00:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Palemato, my ten year old saw that comment. Now I can see I'll have to talk to him about pissing on the bugs outside and how you shouldn't whip your stuff out in the yard.  Grin

When you are done with him, do you think you could talk to my husband? Peeing outside is a habit I have yet to break him of, even after 6 years.  Roll Eyes

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 December 16, 00:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't stand tea. It just repulses me, and I've tried every flavour. There is something lily-livered about tea I can't put my finger on. It tastes like dead plant? Must be it, can't stand it.
Coffee, is a must. If I don't have coffee everyday I cannot function. I have it with a splash of milk, hot and strong. No sugar.
When I order from a barista, I order double shot, thin crema in almost mug-form. I can do dainty cups, but then I order two while chain smoking. I do not do Starbucks, because the "coffee" tastes like "candy" and that is just plain wrong for me. I also eye all those bottles of artificial flavourings with great suspicion. I once went in to Starbucks with an Italian espresso I got from another bar, waiting for my friend to get her "Frappiccino" and saw a girl nearly empty the caramel squeeze bottle thing into her coffee. She was a skinny little Korean looking girl, and her coffee looked like dark brown fudge after she finished with it. Simply dreadful. Coffee? No, Starbucks is like a dessert bar. Eech.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 2008 December 16, 00:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you are done with him, do you think you could talk to my husband? Peeing outside is a habit I have yet to break him of, even after 6 years.  Roll Eyes

We just do it cause we can. So nuyuh.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008 December 16, 00:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find guys peeing outside a lot less yucky than spitting on the ground. blergh. At least urine is sterile, yaknow?

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 December 16, 00:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Stands up* Hi everyone, my name is Pete and I too am a caffine addict. *Holds back joyful laugh and quietly sits back down*

After reading through this thread, I can't actualy remember what it was about, i just remember a lot of talk about coffee.
I love my coffee, which is odd since I used to hate it. I used to be a full time tea drinker, then a few years ago I decided to give up smoking(HA!) and tea ended up making me feel really sick after it, the taste and everything just blah! So i thought I would try coffee, and have almost never looked back. I have constantly got a fresh cup in front of me (Carte Noir, black, no sugar), both at home and at college. In college there is a running joke that if I were to cut myself I would bleed coffee. Anyway, I did, however, turn my back on coffee about a year ago. I had made a cup and was getting ready for work one morning, when, after rinsing my mouth out with mouthwash, drank coffee straight after, and then there was an ick factor after. I only drank tea after that for about 2 months before wanting coffee again. I love the stuff, and if I don't have it, then I am one stressed out bloke, even with the smokes.
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008 December 16, 00:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't stand tea. It just repulses me, and I've tried every flavour. There is something lily-livered about tea I can't put my finger on. It tastes like dead plant? Must be it, can't stand it.

Cheesy I enjoy tea, but I do agree. A lot of teas do taste like icky dead vegetation. I like hot berry teas or mint teas with a spoonful of honey best.
I don't care much for coffee except as part of a mocha or iced coffee concoction.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 December 16, 01:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just remember, the best way to clean a glass coffee carafe is with kosher salt and ice cubes. Dump the ice cubes (small ones) into the carafe and then pour in about a quarter cup of kosher salt and swirl around until you don't see any more nasty. Rinse and let dry. That way you don't have the nasty soap taste you normally get after washing your pot out, no matter how well you rinse it the soap seems to linger. Now you know how they clean the Bunn coffee urns in lots of places. Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: