PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:02:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Streetchickers donation files
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Streetchickers donation files  (Read 79083 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: Streetchickers donation files
« Reply #75 on: 2008 December 15, 20:37:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I can only have so much, I decided to study up on coffee a little and only get the best.  Turns out there are two basic types of beans: Robusta and Arabica.  Robusta beans have been the "default" bean in the U.S. for a long time, but Arabica beans are better.  Smoother, better tasting, and usually a bit lower in caffeine.  Arabica beans haven't been as popular with growers due to being more delicate and harder to deal with than robusta beans. 

Arabica beans are actually more expensive too. That's probably why Robusta have been the default beans - cheapness.  And Coolington loves Celestial Seasonings.

I'm like chemistrycourtney - I drink mucho coffee everyday.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2008 December 15, 20:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeppers.  Pretty sure your head would fall off if you didn't have any coffee too. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2008 December 15, 20:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeppers.  Pretty sure your head would fall off if you didn't have any coffee too. 

My entire life would grind to a halt. Cheesy One cannot be coherent after 5 hours sleep for 4 weeks without the addition of caffeine.  Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 December 15, 20:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm always amused by the North American penchant for drinking big tubs of brown water.

I have but one thing to say to this, kenmtl:

Grin

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2008 December 15, 20:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My entire life would grind to a halt. Cheesy One cannot be coherent after 5 hours sleep for 4 weeks without the addition of caffeine.  Tongue

Heh.  My brain stops working if I don't have coffee to fuel it.  I guess 4 hours of sleep each early morning for years upon years makes coffee my brain power replacement.  I also prefer to drink mine black without any of that cream and sugar nonsense.  You?

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 December 15, 20:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my country we have a complete coffee culture. Cafes tend to do better than bars, and most bars serve coffee during day time. I used to have the killer habit of drinking two or three Greek coffees before morning lessons at Uni, and that got me the reputation of beeing the chirpiest chemistry pupil in my whole year. Nowadays I stick with black espressos, as they are considerably lighter and I'm too old to be hyper all day.

And of course coffee should be drunk BLACK, milk and sugar shouldn't soil the pureness of caffeine (plus the way I was drinking it, if it had any sugar in it, I'd be knee deep in dental bills)

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 December 15, 20:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not all North Americans drink brown flavoured water, I for one know how to brew it properly.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2008 December 15, 21:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh.  My brain stops working if I don't have coffee to fuel it.  I guess 4 hours of sleep each early morning for years upon years makes coffee my brain power replacement.  I also prefer to drink mine black without any of that cream and sugar nonsense.  You?

Mine too.  I have milk with mine otherwise, at vat rates, I get heartburn. I need to chug-a-lug. Cheesy

I used to have sugar, but Coolington makes my coffee for me most of the time.  One day when he was in bed, and I needed one, I made it and it tasted terribly sweet and awful. I thought great - I've become so inept that I fail at making my own goddamn coffee.  About a week later, we had some friends over, and I was in the kitchen. I watched Coolington make my coffee, and put no sugar in.  I told him he forgot the sugar.  He said, with a giant grin on his face "Oh you don't have sugar anymore - I couldn't be bothered putting it in your coffee - so I weaned you off it" and then danced around doing the finger.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 December 15, 21:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was a waitress at a cafe, while I was still in school Cala and that's the exact tactic that was used to convert me to the cult of sugarlessness  Wink The barista I worked with couldn't be bothered to put sugar in my coffee. (He also insisted that it was "better" for me  Smiley the lazy sod)

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Darby
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 December 15, 21:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I confess to liking mine very sweet and creamy, but fairly strong.  I drink it with meals that don't usually include anything else sweet, so it's a nice foil for the savory stuff.  

I used to not understand people having coffee and donuts, until I finally realized that not everyone sweetens their coffee.  *duh*  Now I get it, and if on rare occasion I have something sweet with my coffee, I do prefer that the coffee not contain sugar.  Still want the cream in it, though.  Organic 1/2 & 1/2, preferably.

Arabica beans are actually more expensive too.

True.  And if my penny-pinching, coffee-hating hubby knew, he'd not be happy.  But it's more than worth a few more pennies per cup to get the good stuff.  

He'd just as soon I not drink coffee at all, because it's "expensive" and "bad" for me, but there's just no way I'm going to give it up.  I really look forward to my one cup every morning too much to consider it!  I also believe that thorough enjoyment of one's "vices" makes up for at least some of the negative effects they might have on one's health.   Wink  

He said, with a giant grin on his face "Oh you don't have sugar anymore - I couldn't be bothered putting it in your coffee - so I weaned you off it" and then danced around doing the finger.  Cheesy

THAT is hilarious!   Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 December 15, 21:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is, coffee does actually contain beneficial compounds. So, you're drinking your supplements.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Erwenla
Landlubber

I can get real annoying...

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 December 15, 21:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dudes! U should try my mom's coffee dessert! It's soooo yummy. Vanilla cookies all soaked in coffee, then on top of it, some cream and chocolate mousse... you can't live without it! I am too, a proud coffee addict. Grin

Stick your "donation files" up your...*****
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2008 December 15, 21:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arabica beans are actually more expensive too.

True.  And if my penny-pinching, coffee-hating hubby knew, he'd not be happy.  But it's more than worth a few more pennies per cup to get the good stuff.  

He'd just as soon I not drink coffee at all, because it's "expensive" and "bad" for me, but there's just no way I'm going to give it up.  I really look forward to my one cup every morning too much to consider it!  I also believe that thorough enjoyment of one's "vices" makes up for at least some of the negative effects they might have on one's health.   Wink  

Point out to him that they think coffee helps to ward off Alzheimer's.

He said, with a giant grin on his face "Oh you don't have sugar anymore - I couldn't be bothered putting it in your coffee - so I weaned you off it" and then danced around doing the finger.  Cheesy

THAT is hilarious!   Cheesy

I have a cheeky husband. Cheesy He was dubbed "Sir Coolington" by Snarky after I told the story about how I was telling the kids off and he said "Finished haranguing them, Pescadette?"  Cheesy Since he's a terrible luddite, I can escape being in his shadow online, and have a chance to show off my funny.  Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2008 December 15, 21:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wife discovered that it will kill bugs, and if you sprinkle it on a bug, the bug will shortly start twitching and die.

You should try your spit or even your urine.  If that works as well, you could make a killing on a pesticide.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2008 December 15, 21:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Palemato, my ten year old saw that comment. Now I can see I'll have to talk to him about pissing on the bugs outside and how you shouldn't whip your stuff out in the yard.  Grin

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: