PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 00:45:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Streetchickers donation files
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Streetchickers donation files  (Read 78997 times)
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
Re: Streetchickers donation files
« Reply #60 on: 2008 December 15, 18:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coffee is a sedative to me. I recall I actually ran the numbers to discover why: My blood has higher caffeine concentration than coffee and drinking coffee thus simply dilutes my caffeination level. My blood also is apparently unhealthy. The wife discovered that it will kill bugs, and if you sprinkle it on a bug, the bug will shortly start twitching and die. Your 48-cup coffee drinking is no match for mine: I have the equivalent of over 100 coffees worth of caffeine in my system at any given time. Lesser wimps would DROP DEAD from that. But not me.

It will never cease to amaze (and astound) me all the ways in which you are naturally more awesome than myself.  It's also taken a few years for me to work up to 48 cups a day.  It would take many more to reach 100.  Of course, this would just be synthesized awesomeness, that pales in comparison to the highly toxic environment your body just makes naturally. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2008 December 15, 18:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like all sorts of tea, but not the normal 'southern' black tea - like green, jasmine, white, herbals of all sorts and earl gray.  I'm just really picky about plain black tea.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 December 15, 18:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really freaking hate Starbucks, too! On the main roads (what few there are) and in the [comparatively] larger towns up here, you can usually find mocha stands. Naturally, quality varies from stand to stand, but I've found some good ones in all of my road tripping. But I just can't drink Starbucks. If I had to describe the taste of that shit they put in a cup and call coffee, I would say it tastes like WalMart. It's disgusting, and this is coming from a person who prefers her coffee pot have three layers of grime built up in it. I mean, I can stomach some rank fucking coffee, but Starbucks is just too gross for me.

OH! And I wanted to add this, too. They're wimps. Every other mocha place up here is set up in a little shack off the side of the road, with two drive-through windows, and they work at -20 (degrees Fahrenheit). But, oh, no! Not the Starbucks people. They set up in Safeway or Fred Meyer, and no one shows up if the weather is even as pleasant as +10! They're all a bunch of wimps.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 December 15, 18:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I work at startbucks    *runs*

I actually hate it , but it offers me good day time hours with no weekends and I get health insurance. I will only drink the coffee if I know it is fresh.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2008 December 15, 18:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like coffee, either. Coffee-FLAVOURED stuff, sure. Kahlua, chocolate-covered espresso beans, Jamocha shakes, coffee pastille candy, YUM. Coffee in a cup? I love the smell, but I have never taken to drinking it.

It's not the caffeine. I drink soda pops, teas, and Red Bull-like beverages and eat chocolate with impunity. I can drink several or eat a mess off chocolate and go to bed without sleep disturbances.

Chocolate-covered espresso beans, when not taken in moderation, do tend to cause a strange effect, in that I free-associate and amuse people with my antics for a while.

I should go buy some.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 December 15, 19:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's okay littletoes, I don't hate the people who work at Starbucks (or any job for that matter - better to have one than not, yaknow?). I know they've GOT to correct people on their size chart, and it's just their job. But I really don't like the coffee  Tongue

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
Darby
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 December 15, 19:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'know, it's a headscratcher that Starschmucks does so well.  I know one person who likes it; everyone else I know thinks the coffee sucks.  I'm certainly one of them.  It's too strong, tastes burned, and is stupid expensive.  Gave me a headache too, the two times I tried it. 

I do love my GOOD coffee, though!  Problem is, I'm a caffeine wimp (makes me uncomfortably speedy without waking me up) and therefore must limit myself to one cup a day, and only with food.  Admittedly, a "cup" is twelve ounces, but one-third of it is decaf.  (More percentage of decaf than that, and I can start to taste the difference.)

Because I can only have so much, I decided to study up on coffee a little and only get the best.  Turns out there are two basic types of beans: Robusta and Arabica.  Robusta beans have been the "default" bean in the U.S. for a long time, but Arabica beans are better.  Smoother, better tasting, and usually a bit lower in caffeine.  Arabica beans haven't been as popular with growers due to being more delicate and harder to deal with than robusta beans. 

Arabica beans have made a big come-back in the last few years, though.  Folgers' gourmet line is made with Arabica beans, as well as all Community brand coffees.

I also love tea, but don't drink it daily like I do my coffee.  Earl Grey and Lady Grey are definite favorites.  For those who love flavored teas, I highly recommend Celestial Seasonings' "Nutcracker Sweet" tea.  Smells like butterscotch and is incredibly yummy!  It's also only on the shelves over the holidays, and I need to stock up.   Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 December 15, 19:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love both coffee and tea. The coffee of choice in my house is Kona, which tastes really good. Also, did you know that the lighter roasts of coffee supposedly have more caffeine? Sad thing is, I can't drink coffee like I used to, too hard on my kidneys. Which ruins a good tweak, ya know?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Darby
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 December 15, 19:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, did you know that the lighter roasts of coffee supposedly have more caffeine?

That's what I've heard, too.  Roasting removes a certain amount of caffeine, so the more it's roasted, the less caffeine the coffee will have. 

It's funny to see people equating the strong taste of a dark roast as being "stronger" caffeine-wise.  "Yeah, I only drink French roast.  *flex muscles*  HOO-AH!"  *snork*

I prefer a medium roast, myself.  Light roasts often have a thin sour note that I don't like, and dark roasts are too heavy-tasting.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 December 15, 19:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I drink dark roast because it tastes better, but mostly because the kind I buy is roasted and sold by an Alaskan company, and I like to support my peeps.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Darby
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 December 15, 19:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rather wish I liked dark roasts.  Less caffeine would mean I could get away with drinking more of it.   Cheesy
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2008 December 15, 20:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ry, one suspects that you are in fact a closet vampire, not a pirate.
A vampire? Have you been keeping secrets, Ry? Wink

Who? Me? Keep secrets? Never.  Cheesy
I have to admit, I was quite obsessed with vampires during my teenage years.
A little still, which is why I think Ash rocks.  Wink

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2008 December 15, 20:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Expresso has less too - the coffee is pressed because apparently Italians are impatient for coffee, but while it tastes stronger, its actually weaker because its steeping less.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 December 15, 20:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coffee? Blergh, give me a good steaming cup of Earl Grey *yum*
On your side, mate.  Love a good cup of tea.

BLASPHEMERS!  Wink

But its sooooo good Tongue! It wakes me up in the morning, seeing as I am far from being a morning person (woop, Christmas holidays soon! SLEEP!) I love the smell of coffee but good god it tastes bloody awlful. I can't even eat things that taste like coffee without reaching for a drink to get rid of the taste!

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 December 15, 20:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Expresso has less too - the coffee is pressed because apparently Italians are impatient for coffee, but while it tastes stronger, its actually weaker because its steeping less.

That is true yes. I'm always amused by the North American penchant for drinking big tubs of brown water.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: