PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:00:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!  (Read 100536 times)
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
Re: EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!
« Reply #315 on: 2008 December 27, 02:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a friend whose family salts everything to death; I have no clue how any of them live past the age of 40. Her father actually salts his salads.

I'm from Pennsylvania, and I actually see a good deal of scrapple sandwiches at fairs and such when the Amish come.

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2008 December 27, 06:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read about it being made in the Mennonite/Amish community in Pennsylvania. My dad adored it, but we do have some roots back in that territory.

My grandparents lived in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia, which has lots of Mennonites, and that's where I encountered scrapple. I thought it was totally disgusting at first, but then it grew on me. I still thought it was disgusting, but I also thought it was yummy.

MissBehave
Landlubber

me naw can wriet diz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: 2008 December 27, 14:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know your not even talking about EA or SecuROM anymore (I didn't read the whole topic, but "My grandparents lived in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia" definitely doesn't look like an anagram to "EA is ruled by maniacal sadistic people"), but, anyway, I wouldn't have the guts to create a whole new topic to say this and expose myself to the anger of the community (Wink), so I'll be so bold as to interrupt your conversation and say what I have to say...

Uhm, the title of the topic and its first post may (may) have to be changed soon: I'm not sure if it'll work, but my father will try to sue EA again, also because of SecuROM (duh), but now because of it being put in some The Sims 2 EPs and SPs, not Spore.  Grin

Yeah, nothing special. I simply wanted to say it. Tongue

PS: I'm very excited: it's the first time I sue someone! *--* (OK, actually it's my father who'll do it, but... nevermind.) XD

A member of ICWPT (I Can't Write Profile Texts) and an SSW Inc. (Stupid Sigs Writers Incorporated) shareholder.
~
IfUSeekAmy
Ba-na-na
Say it again now
Get yourself an education
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: 2008 December 27, 14:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PS: I'm very excited: it's the first time I sue someone! *--* (OK, actually it's my father who'll do it, but... nevermind.) XD

I hear the First Lawsuit a rite of passage in the USA.  Cheesy

Your father is a brave man. I've been waiting for someone to sue over Securom TS2 (although I may have missed that).

Boredlittlefreak
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: 2008 December 27, 16:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Congrats, MissBehave. =]
But... *gags* Sims 2 EPs? DX

Man, it was bad enough when other people had it on their computer, but I didn't know that I had this shit on my computer. X[
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2008 December 27, 16:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought there was already a lawsuit involving Sims 2 or was that still only in the planning stages? And you'll learn that while we derail and go off topic, we can just as easily re-rail and talk about the original topic.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
MissBehave
Landlubber

me naw can wriet diz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: 2008 December 27, 16:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hear the First Lawsuit a rite of passage in the USA.  Cheesy

Your father is a brave man. I've been waiting for someone to sue over Securom TS2 (although I may have missed that).

Oh, I'm not in the USA, but, anyway, as I said, I always wanted to sue someone (yes, I'm crazy \o/), and I can honestly say EA games is FAR more important than people/companies I ever thought I'd sue.

Actually, he isn't. LOL I forced him to (try to) sue them. Cheesy I bet he's quite scared now (he hadn't had good experiences with lawyers in the past Tongue), but as he's got experiences with it, I had to make him do it for me to have some help.

Congrats, MissBehave. =]
But... *gags* Sims 2 EPs? DX

Man, it was bad enough when other people had it on their computer, but I didn't know that I had this shit on my computer. X[

Yeah, it's in some EPs. Here's what Wikipedia says:

The Sims 2 and some of its add-ons had previously used SafeDisc for copy protection until April 2007. Electronic Arts replaced SafeDisc with SecuROM v 7.x software protection since, beginning with The Sims Pet Stories. This includes The Sims Castaway Stories, The Sims 2 Deluxe, The Sims 2: H&M Fashion Stuff, The Sims 2: Bon Voyage, The Sims 2: Teen Style Stuff, The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, The Sims 2: FreeTime, The Sims 2: Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff, The Sims 2: IKEA Home Stuff, The Sims 2: Apartment Life, and The Sims 2: Mansion & Garden Stuff. [...]

And thank you! XD

I thought there was already a lawsuit involving Sims 2 or was that still only in the planning stages? And you'll learn that while we derail and go off topic, we can just as easily re-rail and talk about the original topic.

Was there one? Ah, nevermind! I haven't heard of it and I want to do it myself, hehe.  Cheesy

A member of ICWPT (I Can't Write Profile Texts) and an SSW Inc. (Stupid Sigs Writers Incorporated) shareholder.
~
IfUSeekAmy
Ba-na-na
Say it again now
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2008 December 27, 17:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do! The more voices heard in the courts of law, the better for all.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
MissBehave
Landlubber

me naw can wriet diz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: 2008 December 27, 19:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Paden, that'. They'll probably think: "If that Brazilian family was brave enough to try to sue us with their terribly sucky 'Justice', things are REALLY worrying for us". Cheesy

~
IfUSeekAmy
Ba-na-na
Say it again now
MissBehave
Landlubber

me naw can wriet diz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: 2008 December 27, 19:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a very strange reason, the phorum is not letting me edit my post to correct it, so I'll post it fully here:

Yeah, Paden, that's exactly what I think. Grin (They'll probably think: "If that Brazilian family was brave enough to try to sue us with their terribly sucky 'Justice', things are REALLY worrying for us". Cheesy)

~
IfUSeekAmy
Ba-na-na
Say it again now
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 2008 December 27, 23:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you hit the modify button at the top? That is the only way it lets me edit.

Good on you and your father for suing. I have been lucky to not get Securom ::knock on wood:: since I use the no cd cracks, and have since before it was an issue. I can't be bothered to keep up with things, so cd's get lost ALOT around here.  Cheesy

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
MissBehave
Landlubber

me naw can wriet diz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: 2008 December 29, 19:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Modify button? Hehehe...  Roll Eyes Is there such thing? XD *notices the button*

*looks around pretending to admire the scenario*

~
IfUSeekAmy
Ba-na-na
Say it again now
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: