PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 20:54:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 906092 times)
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #3450 on: 2008 December 05, 23:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pathetic, really. They wanted to get away from Walt, only to start acting like him. They gave no room for any discussion at all, and each time I suggested leaving it open to suggestions the idea was thrown down. Bah. They don't want our input, so they won't get it anymore. I'm not going through this shit again. Angry
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: 2008 December 05, 23:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I suggest that you get everything up an going first, and take your time before you pick an new name? What's the rush anyway?

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
giggy
ARR!

Stompable giggy is stompable - ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: 2008 December 05, 23:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I suggest that you get everything up an going first, and take your time before you pick an new name? What's the rush anyway?
Have no idea.

Also note to mods: Pes is not happy with the situation at InSim, expect major sackings. (or not)

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
I don't really understand this concept at all.
Bellawillow
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: 2008 December 05, 23:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bella, may I ask how long you've been a member? I'm honestly curious, because I'd not seen you since all this blew to hell. We're stressed to the max trying to get all of this up and off of the ground for people to enjoy and tempers are beginning to fray.

Since November, 2007.  Does the fact that I was more of a lurker than a poster mean my opinion or presence matter less Paden?  I'm sorry, but I was looking forward to being more active on the new Inseminator and InsimAdult.  Everything we all just went through together made me feel more of the community... until the heavy-handed posts in that thread began today.  

Arf! Arf!
ThatScaryChick
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3454 on: 2008 December 05, 23:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So does this mean members aren't going to have a say in things? I thought the point of opening the new site was to allow a community effort not just those in power.

thatscarychick.com and simsoaps.com
What Lies Beneath (A sims soap opera comic strip.)
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: 2008 December 05, 23:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to suggest calling it insimenator.org (as per Pescado) to get google hits and such, and perhaps funding a new name change at a later date?

Sackings? I wouldn't be surprised. Pes wants to leave things running smoothly in the staff's hands, and that won't be possible with Walt-wannabes around.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: 2008 December 05, 23:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My laughter, along with the "AHRHGNGH, SHIT!" (my response to the coffee incident) scared the cat and woke the ex husband, who is sleeping on a mattress in the lounge room (long story)

My advise is to spill the hot coffee on the sleeping ex husband next time. Oh, and your cat sounds like a pussy. -  Cheesy

As for InSim's new name, how about Sim Animal Farm?

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3457 on: 2008 December 05, 23:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also note to mods: Pes is not happy with the situation at InSim, expect major sackings.

What? Wasn't Pes going for the hands-off approach?
But yeah, it's getting ugly out there. I really do respect that the mods have had a rough time and are on edge and exhausted, but that was a *major* downer. "That PMBD shit isn't goin to fly here..." Pff. Hypocrite.

So does this mean members aren't going to have a say in things? I thought the point of opening the new site was to allow a community effort not just those in power.

Apparently we were wrong. But let's not be too hasty. Right now I'm still quite sure this little wank is a result of shattered nerves and one too many all-nighter for the mods. Let's wait until the dust settles.

As for InSim's new name, how about Sim Animal Farm?

Grin
All members are equals, but some are more equal than others.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 05, 23:59:34 by Devilfish » Logged

Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: 2008 December 05, 23:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was never a member of InsimAdult, but this whole drama has made me interested in the concept of the site, and I was thinking I'd like to at least register, which I did. I went to the name vote thread, to find there was only 2 options, even though there were more name suggestions on thread. I was kind of put off by the whole thing, so I just refrained from voting at all and left. Meh, I feel more at home here anyway.

Edit: spelling and grammar ftw

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: 2008 December 05, 23:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can take out a domain with the word insimenator in it and use it as an add-on domain pointing to the same place, and embed the term "insimenator" in all the pages for searchbots to find.  You can still have the site known usually by its new name.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: 2008 December 05, 23:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not what it means at all, Bella, and sorry that you took it like that. Your opinion does matter, this whole thing is just frustrating as all hell. If things were phrased badly on my part, my apologies.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
ThatScaryChick
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3461 on: 2008 December 05, 23:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently we were wrong. But let's not be too hasty. Right now I'm still quite sure this little wank is a result of shattered nerves and one too many all-nighter for the mods. Let's wait until the dust settles.

Yeah, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because I do think that peoples nerves are up and people are frustrated. I am just hoping that this isn't becoming a Walt 2.0 type situation.

thatscarychick.com and simsoaps.com
What Lies Beneath (A sims soap opera comic strip.)
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: 2008 December 05, 23:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>this whole thing is just frustrating as all hell <snip>

The Insim staff are already frustrated, a lot more then other users are, so what they do not need is more drama. Discussing a new site name is great, but perhaps do that later on once the site is up and going. It will only stress you guys out further and you have enough going on already: don't burn yourselves out and get frustrated with the very community you are striving to maintain. Just my thoughts after current stuff heh

Eta, what ThatScaryChick just said Smiley

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: 2008 December 05, 23:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also note to mods: Pes is not happy with the situation at InSim, expect major sackings.

What? Wasn't Pes going for the hands-off approach?

But yea, it's getting ugly out there. I really do respect that the mods have had a rough time and are on edge and exhausted, but that was a *major* downer. "That PMBD shit isn't goin to fly here..." Pff. Hypocrite.

Well I can understand gothplague locking the thread. We have just had a revolution, after all, and the last thing anyone needs is chaos on a newly-cloned forum. But hardwarthead got it so wrong. And saying, "we'll lock it and pick one" is just counter-intuitive.

Better let things cool down though. I did think it was far too soon to be selecting names anyway. I thought it was just at a delibaration stage.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3464 on: 2008 December 06, 00:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At this point I should mention that this isn't the first time HWT rubs me the wrong way, and I'm sort of glad I'm not alone there. His posts at GoS were very aggressive and demeaning as well, but I don't know how he (she?) behaves outside these high-stress situation. As far as I can see the other mods have been doing a stellar job throughout and I understand they're tired and just want to get on with it.

EDIT because my 'puter is being a bitch.

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: