PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 10:58:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 908331 times)
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #3270 on: 2008 December 04, 23:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've made a summary sort of thing of this whole wank, I don't really know why. People were asking for some sort of fandom_wank style write-up and I obliged. Tell me if it needs editing, or something. If you come accross any confused newbies, I guess you can  just direct them there. So there's that :p

http://simsinspace.wordpress.com/

Ok, the Engliish major in me is making me delurk.  What you've got is really good, but just needs some minor polishing (typos, etc.).  Since this is an important article for the community, it should be done up nice.

Devilfish, I'm willing to proofread this, but I'll need to send the proofed article to you.  My profile has my email, so you can just email me and I'll send this to you in a reply.  I promise to immediately lose your addy as soon as I've finished this project (unless you don't mind a long-time lurker keeping it).

This isn't intended to sound like a personal attack by any means, but considering the fact that you are offering to proofread for someone, you may want to reread your post. You have a few typos and grammatical errors as well. Smiley

I sing along with elevator music.
kaydee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: 2008 December 04, 23:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've made a summary sort of thing of this whole wank, I don't really know why. People were asking for some sort of fandom_wank style write-up and I obliged. Tell me if it needs editing, or something. If you come accross any confused newbies, I guess you can  just direct them there. So there's that :p

http://simsinspace.wordpress.com/

Ok, the Engliish major in me is making me delurk.  What you've got is really good, but just needs some minor polishing (typos, etc.).  Since this is an important article for the community, it should be done up nice.

Devilfish, I'm willing to proofread this, but I'll need to send the proofed article to you.  My profile has my email, so you can just email me and I'll send this to you in a reply.  I promise to immediately lose your addy as soon as I've finished this project (unless you don't mind a long-time lurker keeping it).

I already took it upon myself to clean it up and reword portions of it (with Devilfish's approval), and it is now in the hands of Metatwaddle on GoS, who said she was tweaking a few more things before posting.  JournalFen is being a douche for me, and will not let me post it under my existing account for some reason, hence the handoff.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: 2008 December 04, 23:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if he does have the entire backup, there's no way he can force ALL these people to keep their creations there. The next best thing would be to offer them payment, and who-ever still wants to leave, can go.
If he does want to try his hand at forcing, let all of these creators contact Godaddy, and let every site out there share what Walt is doing.

Inactive
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: 2008 December 04, 23:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't avoid to think that the new shiny server with gazillion processors will only led to Walt borking the site faster.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3274 on: 2008 December 04, 23:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marhis I think I agree with you. The way he's going it seems entirely likely.

(Hi DrBorken. Wink)

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: 2008 December 04, 23:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i found out that insim and insimadult are hosted on the same server. they are registered by a company called godaddy.
it is possible that they are (were) also hosted on godaddy, as i know that site also offers hosting.

InSIM and InSIM Adult were, at least until the recent mysterious downage, hosted by LayeredTech.  What's happening now is anyone's guess.
drborken
Landlubber

InFlamesWeTrust

View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: 2008 December 04, 23:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i found out that insim and insimadult are hosted on the same server. they are registered by a company called godaddy.
it is possible that they are (were) also hosted on godaddy, as i know that site also offers hosting.

InSIM and InSIM Adult were, at least until the recent mysterious downage, hosted by LayeredTech.  What's happening now is anyone's guess.

brilliant, i can use that to find out more, i shall post my findings asap. thank you

i r win LOLZ
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: 2008 December 04, 23:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe not anymore? It could already be moved.

Inactive
Metatwaddle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: 2008 December 04, 23:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FW post is up!

"That's such a nasty fucking word. I'm so damn glad it was censored! It would have shat me to have seen such a cocksucking term as 'prick!'" --Deelink
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: 2008 December 04, 23:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
kaydee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: 2008 December 04, 23:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AWESOME - thanks for your help in getting it posted!
drborken
Landlubber

InFlamesWeTrust

View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: 2008 December 05, 00:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

man that was a complex search
however, i found this from a scan i just did:

New: insimenator.net detected in zonefile.
Deleted: insimenator.net deleted from zonefile.
Transfer: insimenator.net transferred from one hoster's DNS to another's DNS.
Added: A secondary DNS is added to insimenator.net's DNSes.
Removed: A secondary DNS is removed from insimenator.net's DNSes.
Changed: The DNS for insimenator.net changed in this period.
Epoch: Initial zonefile used in building domain history for that TLD.

so that pretty much confirms it as far as i can see. its moved somewhere. but the changes arent propagated enough to find out where yet.

i r win LOLZ
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: 2008 December 05, 00:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. "Ninja'd!" is the new "Jinxed!"

Would it surprise you to learn that I give people the death glare for saying "jinxed"?   Cheesy

In other news, I haven't been able to log onto the ftp part of my site for months.  I was in denial and convinced myself it was something on my end so I kept trying.  Today I finally messaged the domain owner and she told me she sold the domain, including my site!   Shocked  So yeah, I'm pretty much on the same boat as you Insim refugees.  I messaged her back asking for the new domain owner's contact info so hopefully I will get granted access to grab all my stuff and then delete it.  Most of it I do not have backups for.  Sad

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
count four
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: 2008 December 05, 00:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drifting from current topics to random speculation...I'm wondering if K/E sold InSim because it was getting harder to milk the donations cow? There's no way to verify it, but I wouldn't be surprised, considering one of their most recent actions was to hold an updated InSim hostage, which seems pretty extreme.  

Also, FW post yay!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3284 on: 2008 December 05, 00:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

man that was a complex search
however, i found this from a scan i just did:

New: insimenator.net detected in zonefile.
Deleted: insimenator.net deleted from zonefile.
Transfer: insimenator.net transferred from one hoster's DNS to another's DNS.
Added: A secondary DNS is added to insimenator.net's DNSes.
Removed: A secondary DNS is removed from insimenator.net's DNSes.
Changed: The DNS for insimenator.net changed in this period.
Epoch: Initial zonefile used in building domain history for that TLD.

so that pretty much confirms it as far as i can see. its moved somewhere. but the changes arent propagated enough to find out where yet.

Nice to have confirmation.  So, Walt did change hosts.  I wonder if he has his bright and shiny new server?

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: