PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 01:22:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 909475 times)
carlydunham
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #3090 on: 2008 December 04, 11:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

its gonna be awesome when everything is up!!!
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: 2008 December 04, 11:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I'm a bit late to the party (again) but:
There's a group of very angry users, led by someone named J.M. Pescado
This. This is exactly what bothers me so very stinking much about Walt, all neatly wrapped into one little sentence. 'Someone named J.M. Pescado... Who the fuck is that anyway?'. How long would it have taken Walt to do a freaking Google search? I'm assuming he knows Google, or is that giving him too much credit? Seriously, Google the name. It tells you all you need to know.

Well all I can say to that, is that Walt is writing his words very carefully here. Money is involved you see. And trivialising the problem, and projecting lower numbers gives the ILLUSION (to the sheepies), that this is MINOR, a temporary set back. Go Back to Sleep. It will be Over Soon. Oh and can you spare a guy a couple of $thou? Site needs a new server you see...

Unfortunately for Walt, no-one is really listening.

WALT

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3092 on: 2008 December 04, 12:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well all I can say to that, is that Walt is writing his words very carefully here. Money is involved you see. And trivialising the problem, and projecting lower numbers gives the ILLUSION (to the sheepies), that this is MINOR, a temporary set back. Go Back to Sleep. It will be Over Soon. Oh and can you spare a guy a couple of $thou? Site needs a new server you see...

Yeah, I know, that's what I thought too, but still. If you want the sheeple to be quiet and cough up, there's better ways to do it than pretending to be completely ignorant of the greater community. Eh, no matter. Eiether he really doesn't know or he's playing ignorant, either way makes him a dumbass.

Heads-up Walt! It's an Asian Invasion!

*Little Asian Girl added to counter the bitterness*

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: 2008 December 04, 12:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'A group of users'? It's the whole community, asshat! And he could've known that too, if he'd bothered to look at even one of the links people have been offering him on a silver platter.

Yup. Though it's Pescado who's doing the actual sporking, he most definitely has the support of the entire community (except, of course, for Walt-lover miros) as he's forcing Walt's lame ass down the plank. The fact that Walt can't seem to comprehend this - even though the evidence is right in front of his face - is utterly amazing.

- Walt, you're hated. Go away.

(Dee, that was win.)
aliensim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: 2008 December 04, 12:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Private forums are probably exposed to the wrong people more than most people realise.  When I was running a particular unmentionable site, one of the moderators shocked me by "emailing a thread to a friend" from the private staff forum (all the moderator actions showed in the log).   From that time on, I resolved never to have private forums on my site again, as they're just a entrapment for people to post things they would not want certain people to see, which end up going round, coming back, and biting them on the bum.

Yes this is very true. (ps I eat quorn too LOL) I am only recently entering sims 2 world but I am a long time from sims 1.  Time and again and many times more I have gone to forum lists and seen that a whole lot of 'new'forums were added only to find on entering that they were admin only forums that were now public for short while.  At EZ Board and other style of forums too.  

I learned a lot about some prominint people that was nasty compared to their usual public self.   At first I was in shock for a lot of things that I saw happening.  But also it affirmed my good feelings to some people who were just as nice and strong ethics in their private self as their public.

Pescado this is a good thing you are doing here, but I will not say this more cause I kno pirates dont like to be called good LOL!
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: 2008 December 04, 12:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know, that's what I thought too, but still. If you want the sheeple to be quiet and cough up, there's better ways to do it than pretending to be completely ignorant of the greater community. Eh, no matter. Eiether he really doesn't know or he's playing ignorant, either way makes him a dumbass.

What? Since when is making sheep quiet and coughing up money a GOOD thing? Something to condone? In fact, such underhanded behaviour is why WALT MUST BE DESTROYED. There is "no good way" to go about that. Anyway is underhanded and evil by definition.

HOWEVER, if you meant in terms of donators, that's where we are going to break bread. Snarky pointed out that Walt's amazing ignorance on what this community is capable of, was his downfall and I must agree. You can't just wear a tie, walk into an office and start barking orders that "You're the Boss Now". And the reason for that is... InSim members are there for fun, not business. Noone is paying them to have to listen to that fucking douchebag. All they saw was their home all of a sudden turn into a fucking office, filled with receipts, betrayals and lies. His "Get Over it" hit home for a lot of people, it sounds like an arrogant boss who knows he has you under his thumb.
Also his little "gloss over" Pescado was a tactic to hide the fact he is TERRIFIED of The Pirate King. Make the problem seem smaller, small enough to be a pill, for the sheepies to swallow it. And for him to swallow it too.  Heh.

And like I said, and like you understand DevilFish, is that the community called BULLSHIT, and jumped ship. Can't get more awesome than that! Viva La Revolucion!

count four
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: 2008 December 04, 12:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My morning update:
InSim.net seems completely borked, for me anyway; nothing there at all, not even a furry fox try again message. Just a big blank page. Is beautiful.
ISA clone is up.
J.M. Pescado winrar of all internets.
Walt still completely clueless.
Unwashed masses rejoicing. With rum.

What a lovely week this has been.  I'm cheering, fangirling and admiring everybody who has pulled the rug out from under ol' Walt. Rum for all!

I'm seriously tempted to email Walt and explain a few things to him in terms even an outsider can understand, because he's clearly not tasting the true bitterness of his defeat.  And he should.

Lesson #1 is fans (of anything) don't like outsiders shitting in their sandbox...
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3097 on: 2008 December 04, 12:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What? Since when is making sheep quiet and coughing up money a GOOD thing? Something to condone? In fact, such underhanded behaviour is why WALT MUST BE DESTROYED. There is "no good way" to go about that. Anyway is underhanded and evil by definition.

Eh? I'm not sure why we're butting heads over this. I was implying that Walt would think this is a good thing, not me. I was trying to follow his logic (Hm, this Pescado is working against me, so I must convince people Pescado is a nobody! Brilliant!) and that's what came out. I understand perfectly why Walt must be destroyed. In fact, that was the gist of my latest inconsequential posts. Up till now, when I saw people saying things along the lines of 'But what has Walt done wrong, it's K/E who screwed us over!', I knew on an intuitive level why Walt was wrong and untrustworthy, but I couldn't express it properly. That whole 'Who is this Pescado?' tone he took here made it clear for me: either he doesn't know and he's a lazy idiot, or he's trying to convince people it's no big deal, and in that case he's a lazy idiot and a slimy lying douchebag who disrespect the community. And still hasn't realised his "private" conversations aren't private at all, not when the community is at stake.

I agree with you completely though. Maybe I expressed myself a little clumsily? It's happened before, that  Cheesy

AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: 2008 December 04, 12:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonder what Walt is going to do with his "investment" that has virtually no members, is not accessible to anyone, has few files, the ads don't work and both sites have been recreated completely out of his control.  That $500 is probably looking pretty good right now.  

J.M. Pescado and the Angry Users....sounds like a band.   Tongue

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
putti
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: 2008 December 04, 12:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you've a link to insimadult,I can't get in?

count four
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: 2008 December 04, 12:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Link available in the Warplan Beige thread, http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/index.php/topic,2233.0.html
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: 2008 December 04, 12:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People seem to be buying into the whole DDoS/ISA haxx0rd thing here and there. I know Pescado doesn't care, but I do. It seems so ungrateful after all is said and done.

You make it sounds like it's only you who are grateful, defending Pescado for all it's worth. Does it makes you feel better to
put the blame on everybody else, so you can look like a saint while you're a devilfish? You shouldn't forget that many people are confused,
have mixed feelings. Many users were emotionally tied to Insim, it came as a shock to them what Kathy and Eric did, including myself, not to forget all all the monies we gave to them, just to wake up to the reality that we've been conned.
Most people support Pescado and are grateful what he had to do to save Insim from beeing a mess under Walt, it's not only about you devilfish.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: 2008 December 04, 12:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh? I'm not sure why we're butting heads over this.
I agree with you completely though. Maybe I expressed myself a little clumsily? It's happened before, that  Cheesy

I know you silly pirate!  Kiss  Have the rest of me Rum.  I clarified out agreement by the breaking of the bread, and now I am off to bed.
Even though I really don't want to. You guys have fun, and again, I hope you guys have lots to tell me after my slumber.

Oh and I hope everyone gets to bogus their emails! I did it straight away and I got lucky, hope you guys do too!  Kiss

putti
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: 2008 December 04, 12:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Link available in the Warplan Beige thread, http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/index.php/topic,2233.0.html

I'm an idiot,I read all 207 pages [not today over the last few days] and
I should've remembered that.
Thanks!

AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: 2008 December 04, 12:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amazone - I didn't take what Devilfish was saying that way.  Let's not fight amongst ourselves, m'kay?  Especially when we all have a common enemy.  I think a lot of people have been shocked, angered and hurt over this and there is a lot of tension.  So, those of us who have been here a while might cut the newer members some slack?  Just my opinion.

Have some rum, sweet Amazone.   Kiss
« Last Edit: 2008 December 04, 13:04:48 by armywife » Logged

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: