PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 21:53:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 908752 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1635 on: 2008 December 01, 17:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would make more sense for TJ to just finish adding to the Blender what it needs.
He would be the most logical to carry on the work but he's also said there's some stuff he won't put in it, some stuff that I know I use the Insim for.  But the Blender comes very close to the insim, that's for sure.

He said he won't put in the stuff my teleporter already covers.  That is because unlike some people, TwoJeffs is not trying to set up a monopoly and is respecting other creators' areas of work.

Uh. So if one creator's stuff overlaps with another's, they aren't being "respectful" enough? That's absurd. I'd much rather have all the stuff in one mod. It's tj's choice, of course. But you might as well say that because one person made a Mission style chair, another person isn't allowed to do so because that wouldn't be respecting the first person's work! Or if one person makes a leveling mod for Oblivion, no one else is allowed to, because it's already been done.

Make what you want. Let people choose what to use. Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ.
Yeah, I don't get this. Less hacks is better. I already have six hack objects I have to have on every lot (SimWardrobe season changer-thing, TJ's SimBlender, Pescado's Lot Debugger, TJ's ACR controller, TJ's Visitor Controller, and Inge's kitty). Plus, MQ's computer on residentials, and Pescado's BRY and Customer Selector on commercials. So someone does something that includes many of the functions you have. Shit, half of the hacks out there are like that. As long as it's not a complete rip-off, what's the issue?

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
katzenmammi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: 2008 December 01, 17:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Devilfish:)
I did not mean to imply that we are all sour and stuff.
What I meant was that surely he had to have asked K&E "So what kind of community is this?" and they might have answered something like "The peeps are always willing to throw a few bucks our way specially if we turn on the pressure easy as pie.".With that Walt thinks "sweet ."
If I may make a comparison (and before I go on let me totally clarify this:IN NO WAY will I mean to make light or fun of bad/abusive relationships and the pain they cause)
As a whole sort of like a body we are a lot like a battered women.We put up with Maxis BS on their DRM software, not only thta we come back for more(some of us anyways).Some of us at least at some point if not still have put up with the evil treacherous way paysites behave(and some of us even defending them)
EA having us pay for individual downloadsd and including Securom with patches(That almost feels like being with a big ol bag of WTF)
These are just a few small examples,yet thru them all we as a whole keep coming back for more cause if we just play nice and be good maybe the Sim Gods or whatever will behave.
(Again I do not want to make light of abuse or compare it to something as trivial as a game)
So yeah I can see when Walt asked or seen how donation drives have been in the past he figured these folks take anything.....cashcow here I come,it wouldnt have been an unreasonable conclusion.

Personally I think its great to see that everyone is making a stand,means maybe there is hope yet that we get a reasonable playing game without having to pay a small fortune,having to violate the EULA or having to pay a fortune for cool stuff

Kat

PS my reaL name is Katja maybe I should just go by that for a while lol
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1637 on: 2008 December 01, 17:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh - is the 'Where are they now?' list for where to find the person, or where to find their creations?

If its just to find me, I'm Reyn.  SoggyFox is a play on my normal name.  Most of my creations are currently on MTS2 - the few creations that I had on Insim are being gone through and I'm in the process of coding a page for the subdomain kindly given to me by Inge at Simlogical.  I want to go through take new pictures, refurbish a few items here and there and the like.

And this is probably more than anyone else cares to know right now Smiley

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: 2008 December 01, 17:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think if people asked real nice like, TJ could be persuaded to add spawning options to the Bender?

If you're talking about teleporting (making sims appear on the lot suddenly) then he previously said he would not because my teleporter already does all that.  However if having to have both objects on the site is a huge problem for ex insimenator users I will let TJ know I am happy for him to combine my teleporter code into his blender.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1639 on: 2008 December 01, 17:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Latest Member:  Kalily

Oh, that's gonna cause all sorts of confusion. I still practicing on spelling calalily properly  Cheesy

If you can get the K instead of the C, all will be well.  We survive okay with people calling me lily, and lilymayrose lily. Tongue

In that sense was Walt (from his POV anyways) that wrong in assuming "they'll put up with look they put up with everything else" I kinda get the feeling we are a very sick and dysfunctional community.

If he'd known much about the community he'd have locked down against Pescado long ago - or at least attempted to.  He didn't.  He also wouldn't have sent an email to pro-pay mods about Insim Adult subscription possibilities.

What I meant was that surely he had to have asked K&E "So what kind of community is this?" and they might have answered something like "The peeps are always willing to throw a few bucks our way specially if we turn on the pressure easy as pie.".With that Walt thinks "sweet ."

That's not researching the community though - that's just going off what the seller has to tell you. And that's plain stupid.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: 2008 December 01, 17:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know, carousing through the 100 odd pages here and seeing all the Walt hating going on (nomnomnom), it still strikes that there's probably two people who are quite happy that peoples anger, frustration and derision are being directed elsewhere. Good ole Walt (albiet an idiot) hadn't actually fucked anybody, yet. It was most likely going to happen and it was responded to in the appropriate fashion. That's a goodly type thing.

However, IMO, it would be sad after all of this is said and done, people forgot about who actually we're the first to insert the dildo.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: 2008 December 01, 17:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, you have let me down. You have failed me. Your 1812 Overture does not contain proper cannons. They piff. They do not boom properly. They do not shake the speakers. They don't rattle my fucking windows. THEY DO NOT MAKE MY CAT JUMP! Goddamn it, man, get the GOOD version where the paint falls from the walls when those cannons go off! Dammit! I grew up being shaken from my bed on a summer's day by those damn cannons going off in my ear and you expect me to be happy with that piffing?! Nevar!

Other than that, it's a good choice for what you're up to.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1642 on: 2008 December 01, 17:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know, carousing through the 100 odd pages here and seeing all the Walt hating going on (nomnomnom), it still strikes that there's probably two people who are quite happy that peoples anger, frustration and derision are being directed elsewhere. Good ole Walt (albiet an idiot) hadn't actually fucked anybody, yet. It was most likely going to happen and it was responded to in the appropriate fashion. That's a goodly type thing.

However, IMO, it would be sad after all of this is said and done, people forgot about who actually we're the first to insert the dildo.

Oh, I don't think anyone is going to forget about it and if they ever come back for their Simfix, as someone else somewhere (I forget) has suggested, I'm sure they'll be fired out of Pescado's piffy cannons. I understand the need to antagonise Walt a bit (although I don't think the cracks about his looks are particularly funny or deserved) even if he isn't the main villain in this cloak and dagger affair. But really I'd feel much worse fot him if Google hadn't taught me that he isn't a very nice person to begin with.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1643 on: 2008 December 01, 17:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care, personally, if I have 20 hacks or 1, so long as they work together.  Of course, I -mostly- use global hacks, so I don't need as many hacked objects on my lots.  But, I do have this Blender program, looking forward to seeing if it has finer control in some areas - Honestly, Insim was very clumsy in some areas, but I used it for the budget adjuster and skill adjuster.  I rarely used it for anything else.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pineapplebrain
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1644 on: 2008 December 01, 17:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this may be a dumb question, and I have read the thread in its entirety, but has anyone gone over to the BBS to let the 12s know about the situation and to stay off InSim? I don't remember it being mentioned, but if it has, my apologies.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: 2008 December 01, 17:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually Inge I was referring to the way you can spawn InSim or individual options on lot. You had mentioned earlier that TJ had held off adding certain features to the Bender because #&*%*^  had returned to update the insim. And seeing as he has the spawn option with the ACR I was just wondering if a complete replication under a new identity was something he might be interested in doing.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: 2008 December 01, 17:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good point Pineapplebrain!  (Love the handle lol)

Kenmtl, oh I see!  That type of spawning.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1647 on: 2008 December 01, 17:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Walt has been targeted more because it's easy to make fun of him.  The underwater wallpaper, the reality he has not a single clue what he is doing, and the fact there is no real resentment and hurt towards him like their is for Kathy and Eric. 

I don't think the wool has been pulled over anyone's eyes.  We know who is to blame here. 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: 2008 December 01, 17:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When Rohina went over to the BBS for her Regular Friday Night Tease, some people were aware but there were many people who were completely oblivious. Might want to send a message out. Maybe also a message to some news sites (sans any link to this thread of course), as that tends to reach a large number of people. Specifically the oblivious sheeple.

And to anyone else who dares to come here, go apeshit at us and ignore our warnings: Don't come to WFIS.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1649 on: 2008 December 01, 17:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When Rohina went over to the BBS for her Regular Friday Night Tease, some people were aware but there were many people who were completely oblivious. Might want to send a message out. Maybe also a message to some news sites (sans any link to this thread of course), as that tends to reach a large number of people. Specifically the oblivious sheeple.

I was thinking about the BBS, but the thread would most likely be deleted due to linking policies (Insim is 'adult' and has hacks and is an affront against the Lord) before we could get the message across, leading to hundreds of confused 12s storming the Insim site to find out what's up. I mean, I posted it was back up here, a place I thought was safe, and even here some people saw fit to go and have a peek anyway. I do not trust the BBS sheeple to stay away, but yeah, they do have a right to know. Tough cookie...

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: