PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:43:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 894322 times)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #780 on: 2008 November 29, 15:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a quick question, and I realize that it may not be easily resolved because in terms of creations to the Insim family, I have contributed but one item, and the creations of more prolific creators do, of course, come first. How do I remove said puny little download? (I backed it up a long time ago.)  Granted, it would probably fetch Walt about .001 cent, but ...

And if I asked an obvious question, I humbly await my macro-punishment.

Well at insim, you have to go into each download and delete the attachments, pictures and text manually. You can't delete the post, but you can leave it as an empty shell. It probably works the same at insim adult.
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2008 November 29, 15:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the occasional twinge of a crush on Pescado myself, at times like this...

ditto  Grin  btw,  you are missing an F in your sig,  or is that intentional?   Tongue
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 2008 November 29, 15:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I thought it was made clear at least that *for now* there were no plans of making anything pay. I thought we mostly objected to the way he handld things, right?

In my case I am objecting on a technicality.  The income from advertising currently exceeds the expenses.  If he accepts one single penny of a donation he is selling the forum content for profit.  He is not allowed to do that without the express agreement of the contributors - and that includes the poeple who post to the forums as that is partly what people were donating in respect of.

The people I am *angry* with are K&E.  Walt seems to be upfront in comparison!

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 2008 November 29, 15:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Pescado can crash and burn Wallyworld while preserving it's goods for the rest of us, I will worship him to my dying breath.

some of us are worried about the community as well as the 'goods' you know
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 2008 November 29, 15:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ditto  Grin  btw,  you are missing an F in your sig,  or is that intentional?   Tongue

I didn't notice it!  Pescado must have edited it.

Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #785 on: 2008 November 29, 15:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The community is part of the goods, IMHO - assuming everyone wants to move along with the pillaged site and regroup.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 2008 November 29, 15:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some of us are worried about the community as well as the 'goods' you know

That's what Sim Oasis http://forums.sim-oasis.com/index.php is for.  Or if Pescado makes a copy he has already said he will let it continue under its current staff and rules, so 12s can still play.

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #787 on: 2008 November 29, 15:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I understand correctly, he isn't just snagging the downloads but pretty much everything over there.

Seems to be down again. God this is frustrating...  Angry

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #788 on: 2008 November 29, 15:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, quit taking all the fun!  Fire is so...messy and stinky.  Nekkid and tied up, we will have pics to post.  Grin

Pescado would never allow the enjoyment of it - he'd just take pictures of my face and replace the butthurt baby with my face.  I wish to die laughing, and when I read that manner of death he'd devised, I cracked up laughing. Cheesy Now I have my heart set on it - unless he can come up with a funnier method.

I'm just trying to suggest you get some organizational skills and go about it in an orderly fashion as has been suggested. Running haphapzardly all at once all over both sites is only preventing you from completing what you're trying to accomplish.

I haven't done anything - no downloads whatsoever.  Nobody else is doing anything here either if they've read Pescado's statement.  Perhaps you should read more before you go spouting off and telling us what we should be doing.  

I didn't notice it!  Pescado must have edited it.

Nah - one letter was lost off all signatures when Pescado switched us from phpbb to smf. Just you haven't fixed it yet.  Wink

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 2008 November 29, 15:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quorneater, Paden and I have his number, want me to call him?

Well he ought to know what's going on, yes if you can, IMHO.  He's probably better off with AH's offer, assumung AH uses a forum upload system.  He may not want to make html pages.

WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 2008 November 29, 15:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Best not to do anything to do with Insim right now. You would not like being caught between Pescado's battlefleet and the cheezeservers.

Also, I thought it was made clear at least that *for now* there were no plans of making anything pay. I thought we mostly objected to the way he handld things, right?
That was my assumption as well. At least with Pescado you know where you stand. If you act stupid, he calls you on it,or else someone else does.
Pescada also conducts staff meetings, something numbnuts Walt apparently thinks are beneath him. For some reason it seems to me, like any smart business man who has just acquired a "business" Chairman Walt has taken the weekend off.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 2008 November 29, 15:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eledhel, we're pirates - we pillage.  The community will survive, the location will change.

For the record, please quit going to Insim until he finishes.  Everytime someone tries to access the servers, you slow down the process.  When he's done, he'll let us know.

Q - I'll call him and let you know by PM, ok?

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 2008 November 29, 15:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a quick question, and I realize that it may not be easily resolved because in terms of creations to the Insim family, I have contributed but one item, and the creations of more prolific creators do, of course, come first. How do I remove said puny little download? (I backed it up a long time ago.)  Granted, it would probably fetch Walt about .001 cent, but ...
Again, remember the golden rule: Pillage, THEN burn.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 2008 November 29, 15:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Q - I'll call him and let you know by PM, ok?

Ok, but also ask if he minds his stuff being offered on his behalf *in general* after having been swiped.  He may not have time to deal with it himself right now

deathtowalt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 2008 November 29, 15:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't done anything - no downloads whatsoever.  Nobody else is doing anything here either if they've read Pescado's statement.  Perhaps you should read more before you go spouting off and telling us what we should be doing. 

1 ~ This site's not the only one doing this. 2 ~ Evidently you think everyone's going to catch Pes' little statement already 2 pages back and are following it. 3 ~ No spouting on my part, I've got 3 years invested over there. Can you say the same?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: