PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 01:34:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 909118 times)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #390 on: 2008 November 28, 15:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this going to be like the time we all started speaking in binary for some reason?

Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2008 November 28, 15:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

01001111 01100110 00100000 01100011 01101111 01110101 01110010 01110011 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 01100110 01101001 01110011 01101000 00100001

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2008 November 28, 15:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The devil made me do this, honest he did.  Wink

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: 2008 November 28, 15:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel confident that Glorious Leader will manage to snarfle all relevant booty, and that nothing of importance will be lost.

What little contact I had with kathy was here, and I liked her fine, aside from the incessant BANOOBIE-type talk, but the excuses and money-grubbing donation drives did get a bit old, especially when questions were raised months ago about the amount requested and the frequency of the begging, and then the PMBD censoring on INSIM.

I'm torn between simply quietly P&Ling at Walt from afar, and rushing out to get marshmallows for the inevitable burnination in effigy.

Also, kittun macro above reminds me of my two fuzzies scrapping, a sample of which can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGW4XB26QLQ
No ferrets were injured in the making of this video.

Cheers! *blows dust off of rum and vodka bottles I hid in my secret cache when Real Life got hectic and I had to wander off the ship* GLUG!

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: 2008 November 28, 15:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be awesome - and we'd get Insim and a new simspage as well [or two.]  Oasis is really well laid out for a baby site.

Questions, Pes - one, do you want the stuff people yoinked before you tried to acquire it all?  Two, do you plan on letting folks who had sections there but deleted them to keep their stuff from becoming potentially pay, have their sections back?

It was always nice to have a place to check for new things when some of the creators's main sites were down.

And I'd like to thank everyone who is showing their generous natures by being supportive on this, as well as offering various other alternatives.  Makes me feel like I've drank all the rum just seeing it.  I personally wasn't that close to K&E and I feel smacked in the face, and I know it has t be much harder for those who thought of them as close friends. *passes around rum and popcorn*

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
tsahnas
« Reply #395 on: 2008 November 28, 16:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im on board. I would be happy if anyone got the site back, even with a few new features.

and Hale yes, good rum indeed!
LDE
Landlubber

disillusioned miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2008 November 28, 16:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole situation is utterly comical to me. You have K&E who may or may not have lied to everyone up to and including staff,members, new guy, all world leaders and the guys out orbiting the planet. You have New guy who has 0 idea what a "fansite" is and as such spouted off "blah blah business, blah blah revenue..MOMMY!!!". And the resulting uproar (heard by the aforementioned astronauts) followed by yoinking of creations, yelling, crying and door slamming.  and then as the cherry on top we have good ole' Pescados backing up efforts  kersploding the server like a bottle rocket up a cats butt....

As sad as it is to watch it crash and burn, it has also been highly entertaining from an outside stand point. I feel for the staff/members for the loss of their home away from home, but you must remember "even during the great depression people needed entertainment!" (paraphrasing, of course)

The refusal to discuss financial matters in a public forum is absurd. If I donate to (insert any donation funded entity here) I can get all info about how much they've received, what it was used for and how much more they need...heck I can get that if I donate to the local high school booster club begging outside the Walmart. The whole thing just obscene.

*goes back to lurking quietly*

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: 2008 November 28, 16:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LDE, I think that was the thing that annoyed me the most. How does that work? In chronological order, this seems to be the bussiness plan Walt follows:

1) Ask for money from members
2) Brush off financial 'scandal' these members were involved in
3) Tell members they have no bussiness asking about said money
4) Ask for more money from members
5)  ? ? ?
6) PROFIT!

What the fuckity fuck? I'd love to see the bussiness school he attended so I can go wallop them all with a rotten shark. Idiot.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 28, 16:40:34 by Devilfish » Logged

Lethe
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2008 November 28, 16:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He could just be utterly embarassed about how much he paid for the site,
now that it turns out it was probably too much.
It doesn't exactly make him look like a savvy businessman.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: 2008 November 28, 16:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly. But I think he just expected to step in as CEO and is now having a WTF moment while the people he thought were his employees (or slaves, since he bought the package fair and square) are throwing a stink-fest at his wicked ways.

I think it's becoming obvious that he overpaid, by a lot. I'd still prefer it if he counted his losses and sold to Delphy for peanuts. At least he could pay his mom back then. Poor dear. Alternatively, having PESCADO: THE DESTROYER OF SERVERS rule the place sounds like it would be a shark-filled blast.

We'll see. I just hope Insim comes back for now, so at least everyone there can say goodbye and take their toys to a better playground.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: 2008 November 28, 16:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoops I misunderstood you Quorneater, my apologies. I wouldn't have any problem with InSim2 by Pes, my only question would be, is someone/has someone gotten into contact with the creators to see how they feel about it?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: 2008 November 28, 17:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that Insim has apparently gone kaboom, it's getting hard to contact anyone. They all ran in different directions. It's the Great Insim Diaspora of 2009. Lovely.

But I agree, if anyone knows how to contact them without going through Insim, it would be fair to let them know of this. I imagine not everyone would be pleased with a Pescado owned Insim.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2008 November 28, 17:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just can't get over just *how* out of order it was for K&E to "sell" the site when apart from one or two small downloads it was totally the work and copyright of the unpaid contributors!  It wasn't even theirs to sell, only the domain was.  They didn't even own the server.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2008 November 28, 17:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just one question Pes...  what happens to PMBD, MATY & mirror Insim if you kick the bucket?  Is it all lost foreverz?   Huh

I don't think a bucket would stick around long enough for Pes to kick it  Roll Eyes
I vote yes to a Pescado-owned InSim. At least most of the sheeples and twelves will stay away. Also, anything with 100% less Walt is excellent in my book. Just his picture bugs me. It probably has to do with his stained restoration so he has two different colored front teeth. Dental Education? I haz one Tongue

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2008 November 28, 17:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

100% less Walt is very appealing. What really matters is what the creators think. Both Pescado and Delphy have their un-fans, but I think that either of them could take over as long as they didn't turn it into MATY or MTS2.

I think Inge Quorneater is right though. Mega-sites are problematic just like mega-corporations: when they crash and burn, there's lots of collateral damage. If everyone had their own low or no cost site, with some central locations for tutorials and such, things would run a lot more smoothly.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 28, 17:48:43 by redisenchanted » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: