PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:46:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 894514 times)
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #345 on: 2008 November 28, 10:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

saraswati, the reason that I don't allow guests into my site is because I'm anal-retentive and some members would forget to log in, so I was getting "Guest" posts all over the site, with no way of knowing who said what.  I'm sure there's a way I could fix this better, but I needed a quick fix for it.  But I will look into a better solution.

~ Syn

Hey Syn

I'd suggest going to a two-teired thing.. Maybe having a spot that's open to guests that just for downloads only, or a preview gallery? People probably just want to be able to see what they're going to download or get an idea of what's on offer before they log in.. I actually checked out your stuff on MTS and liked the look of it. But like many others I'm often horribly busy (in my case running Reclaim Your Game and creating for Skadi) and I don't have time to commit to posting on another forum just to get downloads.

I will also mention that I can't speak for Skadi or what she'd offer an individual person.. but she's set up free subdomains for people before if she gets on well with them. And our hosting on Sublime is set up for the next two and a half years, so it ensures a site is up for a long time. And you can ask Cala and Hec about what kind of host Skadi is if you want to check things out first..  Wink And we've also got a nice, friendly site if people decide they want to talk to Skadi about maybe just uploading their stuff to Sublime..

What I'm comforted about is that all of the people who're leaving Insim at the moment will have multiple options to find new homes or places to share their stuff.. it's a disaster but it shows we've still got a good, strong community even at this point. Smiley

Kath

Just to add to the sublime offer, we also have a few spare free sub domains and can assist in helping people who need a new home. (Either on a sub domain, the main site or the forum). Our hosting is paid up for another 9 months or so and I am saving up myself for next years hosting and will have the funds prior to it becoming an issue. If anyone wants our help just speak to me, HugeLunatic or Dinad.

Sorry all of you are going through this Sad

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
funkybunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2008 November 28, 10:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slightly off-topic: My grandfather and uncle are both named Walt. Grandpa is a retired lawyer and uncle is a farmer. They are both gigantic douche bags.

stolen from Jess Maree:

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2008 November 28, 10:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Straw poll here:

What would people say to an alternate copy of Insim, only with a few slight differences, such as, say, different domain, being ruled by me, and having 100% less Walt?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2008 November 28, 10:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to answer a question earlier - while I am interested in getting InSim, I'm not going to pay a ton of money for it.  My current estimate of what Kathy and Eric sold it for is somewhere between $5k and $10k and quite frankly I don't think the site is worth that in money terms.  While I know I may have annoyed some insim people by saying that, I also know that the community as a whole would probably go "Err, what? HOW MUCH?!" if they where asked to foot some of that bill.  I guess if you include the community and everything too then it could be worth that theorectically - but I don't like putting monetary value on a *fansite* - it just doesn't seem right.  (Yes I know thats a bit contradictory but I guess it's more of a "I don't like putting THAT much monetary value on a fansite")
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2008 November 28, 10:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

$5k-$10k? Oh yea, Walt was so duped!

100% less Walt? Yes please! But not sure how some would take being ruled by you Pes Cheesy

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: 2008 November 28, 10:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, a lot of people are already accustomed to living under my shadow as it is. But hey, there are drawbacks to it. It is also one of several warplans currently being kicked around.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: 2008 November 28, 10:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would people say to an alternate copy of Insim, only with a few slight differences, such as, say, different domain, being ruled by me, and having 100% less Walt?

That would be fine with me - but it's the creators that really matter.  Also, the 12s are scared of you, and may choose different chat forum alternatives rather than taking the chance of being harangued.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
deathtowalt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2008 November 28, 11:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As you can see by my username I'm all for 100% less Walt. I'm one of the recently shit on mods over there and I can't express how pissed I am, not so much at Walt because he's just a fudipshit trying to make a quick buck that was sold a white elephant by K & E. My real complaint is them and how they said nothing to my knowledge to anyone and just waltzed, if you'll pardon the expression.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2008 November 28, 11:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm not so fond of 12s either. My plan would just be to have the surviving staff elect a deputy and then let them do their thing, much like the other sites I own now. I might occasionaly deign to show up and demand a sacrifice. But as a whole, I am pretty disinterested.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2008 November 28, 11:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it would be the greatest satire of all time.  I don't know if it would be the best thing to happen to the community, but very entertaining nonetheless Smiley

Or maybe Pescado would show us he is capable of being sort of normal in some contexts?

Edit:  Yep - see Pescado's post that nipped in just before this.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: 2008 November 28, 11:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm not so fond of 12s either. My plan would just be to have the surviving staff elect a deputy and then let them do their thing, much like the other sites I own now. I might occasionaly deign to show up and demand a sacrifice. But as a whole, I am pretty disinterested.

I think if you made it clear that you were just going to set it up and be as hands off as you are now (apart from dropping in to call them buttmonkeys if they break something) I think there would be wholehearted interest - and if Walt sees that all is lost to your mirror, he may just sell it to Delphy at a heavily discounted price. Cheesy

As you can see by my username I'm all for 100% less Walt. I'm one of the recently shit on mods over there and I can't express how pissed I am, not so much at Walt because he's just a fudipshit trying to make a quick buck that was sold a white elephant by K & E.

I lolled at it when I saw it in the latest member thingie.  Sorry Kathy and Eric are dicks.  Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: 2008 November 28, 11:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Straw poll here:

It would get the thumbs up from me.

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
deathtowalt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2008 November 28, 11:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've lurked here forever on many a night reading various threads and laughing my ass off at times but learning a hell of a lot about the community at large at the same time. I know you don't take kindly to noobs in the ol' pirate's den so I've always been hesitent but as this topic here has really got my blood to boiling I thought that there was no time like the present.

I wouldn't be against a plan like you're describing Pescado but I certainly can't speak for any other staff there. Now, with the servers "meltz0red" it's going to be pretty damn hard to get any kind of word out to some of the fellow staff or members that may be sympathetic to that option. The worst part of the whole thing is that I know creators/staff that were trying to get items of their own off of both site to make backups of their creations that now can't get to them.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2008 November 28, 11:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you don't take kindly to noobs in the ol' pirate's den so I've always been hesitent but as this topic here has really got my blood to boiling I thought that there was no time like the present.

Yes we hate n00bs but not Newbs. There's a difference.  Grin You don't post like a n00b, that's all that matters.  Wink

ETA: Welcome to the dark side.  Cheesy

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2008 November 28, 11:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't be against a plan like you're describing Pescado but I certainly can't speak for any other staff there. Now, with the servers "meltz0red" it's going to be pretty damn hard to get any kind of word out to some of the fellow staff or members that may be sympathetic to that option. The worst part of the whole thing is that I know creators/staff that were trying to get items of their own off of both site to make backups of their creations that now can't get to them.
And now you know exactly why the servers are meltz0red. It's like a bank run.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: