PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:28:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 11 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 893465 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #315 on: 2008 November 28, 06:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm reading that thread you linked, and I wish I'd known what was going on. I pretty much avoided insim because Kathy rubbed me the wrong way, and also because its "organization" drove me nuts, but I always pretty much thought it was on the side of the righteous. Enayla was there! But the whole "neutrality" thing -- yeah, I think I'll just be "neutral" while my neighbor gets robbed blind.

Well I have the advantage of being here every day and much drama gawking.  I hope someone has emailed Enayla - it would be awful to find that she comes back to a lock on her stuff - I know that would really upset her.

Oh, and per Saraswati's post a couple of pages back, Skadi is available for those who want to discuss having their own site - I can honestly say I'm really happy being at Sublime, where there is *truly* no drama.  Wink And all site costs were met earlier this year - so don't worry about that. Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2008 November 28, 06:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My husband does network marketing using the internet, and I don't think he's a terrible person.  (Granted he thinks Sims is a waste of time.)

You should kill him and eat him.

I don't think there's anything at all wrong with marketing for legitimate businesses. And, you know, if you're not a total nutcase, like Walt seems to be.

arrrohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2008 November 28, 06:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walt is apparently marketing air, if you watch his video.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: 2008 November 28, 06:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol.  The business's he's involved in are all legit, and been going a while.  One of the products is apparently being used in Africa at the moment to cure malaria, and the company's even donating products to the cause.

I'm referring to my husband, not Walt, who seems to be a total airhead himself.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2008 November 28, 07:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't say he's full of hot air, I would say he is full of methane gas. He's a part of global warning, don't you know?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2008 November 28, 07:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't say he's full of hot air, I would say he is full of methane gas. He's a part of global warning, don't you know?

Yippee, at last, it's not my hot flashes after all. Kiss

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2008 November 28, 07:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't think I was ever going to get to the end of this as it just kept growing! Paden, I feel really bad for you & the other staff/creators at Insim. I don't know Kathy & Eric at all and even tho I am a member at Insim, I rarely post, do not use the Insiminator, and only went there for downloads. I think it is really shitty to treat people who are supposed to be your friends and who they apparently relied on for much of the maintenance of their site in such a way that they did. This guy Walt is truly a clueless dipshit! I'm not even sure Delphy could save the site now, but hey there are lots of other free sites where the creators can upload their content. This seems to be a good place for people to look for a new home...people here from lots of other forums. I just want to say good luck to any that have pulled their content from Insim. A good thing to come from this already is that it seems to have pulled a lot of the community together...just a really crappy way for it to happen. Also, gotta say that I was irritated that I could not pull up Insim...until I read that Pescado sizzled it. Then I just LMAO!

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
BoogerNabbingCrust
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2008 November 28, 07:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walt is apparently marketing air, if you watch his video.

I didn't watch it, he seems like a bore.
SynapticSim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2008 November 28, 08:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how much validity we can place in this, but I remembered here at work that I had this website value calculator saved in my favorites.  I plugged in InSim and InSimAdult and this was the result:

http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.insimenator.net

http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.insimadult.net

But a combined estimated worth of $137,196.20 is outrageous considering the donation drives.  And a combined Daily Ad Revenue of $187.94 just adds to that.  Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is that number saying that in a month you could make $5,638.20 (based on 187.94 x 30 Days).  And the combined page views of 61,703 seems more in line with what Delphy and Pescado has posted earlier.  Maybe InSim IS a cash cow afterall.  Damn Walt for thinking of this take over first, lol.

I don't know if the website value calculator can be verified or not, I suppose a site owner that knows his financials could see how accurate it was.

Anyhow, just found this interesting, and like before in the interest of staying informed, decided to share it with y'all.

~ Syn

PS - Thanx for the welcome btw.  I was kinda looking forward to the newbie macros though.  Cry
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: 2008 November 28, 08:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know that that's very accurate - here's what is says about Sublime:

Net Worth : $3686.5 Last updated 48 Days ago
Daily Pageview : 1212
Daily Ads Revenue : $5.05

We don't have ads on Sublime. So I'd say it's just a complicated algorithm that takes into account page rank etc. and what you *could* be making.

PS - Thanx for the welcome btw.  I was kinda looking forward to the newbie macros though.  Cry

Much obliged good sir, here you go:

« Last Edit: 2008 November 28, 08:23:38 by calalily » Logged

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SynapticSim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 2008 November 28, 08:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanx for checking that out Calalily.  What you said makes total sense.  And also thanx for the cute kitty.  I feel all warm and gooey now.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2008 November 28, 08:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Saharia , your forum looks gorgeous.. Really visually appealing and pleasant looking.
And I am so glad we don't have ads on Sublime.. they annoy the life out of me (I hate those ads on the top of Insim) We don't have a need to have extra cash coming in the door, our hosting is covered..

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
eph
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: 2008 November 28, 08:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since she was mentioned a page back - has someone who knows her tried to contact Enayla? Maybe she wants to pull her stuff too.

Geez, I don't even play Sims2 but this still upsets me greatly. I wish all refugees good luck in finding a comfy new place for their creations.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2008 November 28, 08:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been trying to say for years that it is possible for every creator to have their own free (limited) or pocket-money (almost unlimited) site for their creations and not to need any donation drive ever!

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Saharia
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2008 November 28, 08:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Saharia , your forum looks gorgeous.. Really visually appealing and pleasant looking.
Thank you very much! I still have plans to fiddle with a bunch of stuff and customize the theme some more. And I need to quit slacking and make a splash page for the main site. Tongue I just feel anti photoshop tonight.

Since she was mentioned a page back - has someone who knows her tried to contact Enayla? Maybe she wants to pull her stuff too.

I don't know if anyone has contacted her, but I know she has a lot of health problems, so she might not even be able to respond for quite a while if someone was able to let her know.  Sad

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: