PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:56:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 893473 times)
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #255 on: 2008 November 28, 01:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's going very well so far.

Ok who the fuck are those 6 people who can cough up $25/mo. or more! Geez, I needz me one of them.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
FilthyPriest
ARR!

Emmm! Rum Doughnuts.......

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2008 November 28, 01:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Oh man, I so needed that. I've been biting my nails all day and this made me laugh so hard. Thanks, that did me a world of good.
That picture is truly terrifying. I thought it was the witch from Hansel and Gretel when I saw it. *shudders, squeaks, and hides behind CapnJ, even though she isn't here at the moment*
I'm glad you people like it, and thanks for the complements.
Ok who the fuck are those 6 people who can cough up $25/mo. or more! Geez, I needz me one of them.
LOL Kenmtl, are you that desperate for money?
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2008 November 28, 01:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was hysterical Filthy Priest. Cheesy
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2008 November 28, 01:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

saraswati, the reason that I don't allow guests into my site is because I'm anal-retentive and some members would forget to log in, so I was getting "Guest" posts all over the site, with no way of knowing who said what.  I'm sure there's a way I could fix this better, but I needed a quick fix for it.  But I will look into a better solution.

~ Syn

Hey Syn

I'd suggest going to a two-teired thing.. Maybe having a spot that's open to guests that just for downloads only, or a preview gallery? People probably just want to be able to see what they're going to download or get an idea of what's on offer before they log in.. I actually checked out your stuff on MTS and liked the look of it. But like many others I'm often horribly busy (in my case running Reclaim Your Game and creating for Skadi) and I don't have time to commit to posting on another forum just to get downloads.

I will also mention that I can't speak for Skadi or what she'd offer an individual person.. but she's set up free subdomains for people before if she gets on well with them. And our hosting on Sublime is set up for the next two and a half years, so it ensures a site is up for a long time. And you can ask Cala and Hec about what kind of host Skadi is if you want to check things out first..  Wink And we've also got a nice, friendly site if people decide they want to talk to Skadi about maybe just uploading their stuff to Sublime..

What I'm comforted about is that all of the people who're leaving Insim at the moment will have multiple options to find new homes or places to share their stuff.. it's a disaster but it shows we've still got a good, strong community even at this point. Smiley

Kath

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2008 November 28, 01:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's ridiculous. Get Firefox and Adblock. No advertising for the cost of FREE.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
djslippyman
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2008 November 28, 01:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case it goes off the site:

Insim information according to http://www.dealasite.com. Have Kathy and Eric been lying about needing donation this whole time?

$3200 in $500 going out.  $2700 income a month /  $32k a year.  So are Eric and Kathy a couple (do they live together with that shared income), or are they splitting that, and did they have any other jobs?  Again if people think they ran Insim fulltime without getting a paycheck....its a little naive. You can't pay for a house and food with Simoleons.    
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: 2008 November 28, 01:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cause they wanted to say clearly to the community "Fuck you all".  They took some time and effort to set this up - it wasn't as if they weren't looking for someone to buy it.

Ok, this is what I get for spending the day with family.  I miss the ruckus.  Good internets drama, though.

Question:  I must have missed some stuff out there.  Why would Kathy and Eric have this kind of attitude toward the community and their own site?  What is the background that I am missing here?

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2008 November 28, 02:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anouk, my reasons for leaving InSim is because of Walt's mentality.  He's treating this like a business, and my number one concern is that he thinks because he bought InSim, he bought everything on it.  And I don't want anyone thinking that they own my stuff besides me and the people that download it to use in their games.  As far as the situation between us goes, I'm sorry that things went down the way they did.  I'm sure I could have found a better way to handle things, but I don't have a time machine so I can't change it.  At the time, I did consider InSim my home, and that included Kathy and Eric.  But this has put the final nail in the coffin for me.  And you are 100% right, I don't care about InSim anymore.  I do care about a lot of the people there however, and I hope they can find a new home, because I don't see InSim bouncing back from this if I'm being completely honest.  As far as BeosBoxBoy goes (and judging by what I've seen here, what I'm about to say probably doesn't bode well for me here) I still consider him a friend.  He has helped me out a lot along the way, and I'll always be grateful for that.  And in that sense, with what happened between you and I, Anouk, was a result of me standing up for my friend.  Whether that was misguided or not.

~ Syn

Well, one one side, I do care for Insim, I don't care for what Walt's about to do with it after Kathy and Eric sold it to him, so I agree with that point. If you want to shake hands and forget about the nasty things we told eachother I'm more than happy to. Smiley

Inactive
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2008 November 28, 02:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Kenmtl, are you that desperate for money?

Hey if someone can throw $25/mo at a fansite, trust me that $25 is just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Corinne
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: 2008 November 28, 02:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

$3200 in $500 going out.  $2700 income a month /  $32k a year.  So are Eric and Kathy a couple (do they live together with that shared income), or are they splitting that, and did they have any other jobs?  Again if people think they ran Insim fulltime without getting a paycheck....its a little naive. You can't pay for a house and food with Simoleons.    

They're married. As far as I know, Eric has a job, too. It makes -no- sense.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2008 November 28, 02:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, anyone who thinks Kathy and Eric ran Insim fulltime is... misinformed. They haven't run it at all for a very long time. Nor is running a site like Insim a fulltime job in the first place.

Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2008 November 28, 03:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually it can be really timeconsuming Neriana.. any site is timeconsuming. Even a small site can take ten or fifteen hours a week depending on how much you're updating.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
SynapticSim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2008 November 28, 03:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, one one side, I do care for Insim, I don't care for what Walt's about to do with it after Kathy and Eric sold it to him, so I agree with that point. If you want to shake hands and forget about the nasty things we told eachother I'm more than happy to. Smiley

I'll bring the rum so we can toast. Wink  I'm more than happy to let the past be the past.  Thanks.  At least something good has come from this madness.

And thank you for the suggestions Saraswati.  I like the idea of a preview section.

~ Syn
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2008 November 28, 03:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't care less one way or another what happens to InSim. The only time I posted there, I was shouted down by that double-dipping twat BeosBoxBoy, and had some of my anti-paysite posts deleted by the aforementioned double-dipper. After that, I decided it wasn't worth my time contributing to discussions there. Every time I see that bloody message at the top of the page telling me I haven't posted there for a while, I find myself yelling at my screen, "yeah, there's a reason for that!"

I can't say I'm surprised by Kathy and Eric's attitude. Hell, they only turned up now and again to impose more rules, to hear the sheep shout "boobies!" and to demand more donations before pissing off back into obscurity. If those figures that have been posted here and on InSim are true, then they've been taking many donators, contributors and staffers over there for a ride  Angry.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2008 November 28, 03:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not visited that site for awhile, so I took a pop over today. There is not a whole lot going on over there...BUt a whole lot of begging for money! Even some members have a "please donate" in their siggys. It is like the annoying friend who is always broke and ask for money every time you see them.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: