PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:57:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 894487 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #60 on: 2008 November 27, 02:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THERE you are! *nabs Markus by the collar and throws him into the basement again, with a computer this time* Get the cobwebs by the furnace this time!

No, none of us were alerted as to this happening. I know that Kathy is pretty ill and needs a break from the stress the site causes her on top of RL stuff, but this way of handling it was just WRONG. You don't sell out and not say good-bye to people who've had your back in the past. And, you sure the fuck don't dive right into a community with spreadsheets and financial shit and wanting money right the fuck NAO!!! ANd the next little bitch that don't know her ass from a teakettle that tells me to calm down over there is gonna get a smack upside the head and told to shut the fuck up! I told KATHY that I would behave, I promised HER that I would, but I made no such agreement with Walt. He can suck my non-existent left nut to make the non-existent right one jealous.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2008 November 27, 02:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, there we go - hopefully I can change it to my gmail account later - since I never check my yahoo one.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2008 November 27, 02:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I read that and I was just *flabbergasted* at her tone.  Yes, it -might- not be as bad as it looks, but as Numenor said, it helps build trust if you actually -play- the game the fansite is for.

Investment *snort*

www.thestormradio.com
FilthyPriest
ARR!

Emmm! Rum Doughnuts.......

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 November 27, 02:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THERE you are! *nabs Markus by the collar and throws him into the basement again, with a computer this time* Get the cobwebs by the furnace this time!

No, none of us were alerted as to this happening. I know that Kathy is pretty ill and needs a break from the stress the site causes her on top of RL stuff, but this way of handling it was just WRONG. You don't sell out and not say good-bye to people who've had your back in the past. And, you sure the fuck don't dive right into a community with spreadsheets and financial shit and wanting money right the fuck NAO!!! ANd the next little bitch that don't know her ass from a teakettle that tells me to calm down over there is gonna get a smack upside the head and told to shut the fuck up! I told KATHY that I would behave, I promised HER that I would, but I made no such agreement with Walt. He can suck my non-existent left nut to make the non-existent right one jealous.
Well Paden, don't attack walt yet, if you haven't already. We may need a person on the inside for the possible upcoming struggle for the soul of Insim.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 November 27, 02:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not surprised at what Kathy and Eric did, though I'm saddened by it.

I hope Delphy can buy Insim.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 November 27, 02:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy purchasing InSim and taking over would bring joy, sunshine, peaches and orgasms to the entire sims 2 community.   Merging of the two largest completely FREE sims sites = check mate.
I think this would be a bad idea, though. Such a move would negatively affect the truck size of the community, especially given that Delphy is not exactly somebody good at staying alive.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 November 27, 02:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Markus you forgot the mustluvcatz vs BlackDwarf cage match over in the TSR thread.

It's nice to see some of the TS2 "heavies" digging their heels in over there. I hope he and others have the sense to read what they wrote (but I doubt it). And good work there Paden, you da man wit imaginary testes.

On a side not, props to all FOJs for not subjecting us to blinky pink welcome signs

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
FilthyPriest
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 November 27, 02:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) I am not surprised at what Kathy and Eric did, though I'm saddened by it.

2) I hope Delphy can buy Insim.

Good points Calisto....ohh I mean neriana. Tongue
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2008 November 27, 03:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I almost feel sorry for this guy - he doesn't really grasp what he's gotten into, i wager.

www.thestormradio.com
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 November 27, 03:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh but Pescado, whoever said I would "take over" if that did happen? Smiley  (Protip: I wouldn't)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 November 27, 03:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like I've been sayin, if InSIM goes pay in any way, shape or form, I'll be walkin out the door and they can be kissin me arse. I'm pissed, sure. No doubt about it. You don't treat your staff like shit unless yer an old shit like Pescado, and that's just expected out of the old fart.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
whiterider
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 November 27, 03:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Paden, don't attack walt yet, if you haven't already. We may need a person on the inside for the possible upcoming struggle for the soul of Insim.

It is highly unlikely, judging by his attitude so far, that Walt is going to listen to his staff much. If he wants to do things which will imprive InSim, it will be improved; if he wants to do things which will damage it (far more likely), it will be damaged.
Because staff should be consulted before proposals are announced to members.
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 November 27, 03:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Markus you forgot the mustluvcatz vs BlackDwarf cage match over in the TSR thread.

Tongue

.......sorry for the interruption.......
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 November 27, 03:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like I've been sayin, if InSIM goes pay in any way, shape or form, I'll be walkin out the door and they can be kissin me arse. I'm pissed, sure. No doubt about it. You don't treat your staff like shit unless yer an old shit like Pescado, and that's just expected out of the old fart.
Actually, treating your staff like shit is important to maintaining order. Otherwise they start getting weird ideas and raised expectations. Consistent abusiveness is the key to any successful relationship. Once they have gotten used to a consistent level and form of abuse, they'll come to expect and even like it that way.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
FilthyPriest
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 November 27, 03:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is highly unlikely, judging by his attitude so far, that Walt is going to listen to his staff much. If he wants to do things which will imprive InSim, it will be improved; if he wants to do things which will damage it (far more likely), it will be damaged.
Because staff should be consulted before proposals are announced to members.
I completely agree with your statement. And to add to it, I would really hate to see insim go down the tube. Its been a great site for me to get downloads for my game. Whatever happens-happens,I just want to see our community excel instead of becoming corporate commercial trash.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: