PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:15:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 14 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 893956 times)
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #30 on: 2008 November 27, 00:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love this

Oh and my last question:

4) How much would it cost to buy the domain and servers from you?

Regards,
Delphy

ETA: DOI!!!!  Ninja'd by Nouk

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 November 27, 00:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yes he is serious Tongue

Inactive
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 November 27, 00:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Say what you will about Delphy, the man has his faults, but that reply is made of win  Grin

I've been reading at Insim a bit and I'm alittle disappointed about how... giddy people seem over there. They're either welcoming uncle Walt or mourning the passing of Kathy and Eric. Not a word about these new plans and polls and what have you. Or haven't I read far enough? I'm worried either way.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2008 November 27, 00:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Delphy
4) How much would it cost to buy the domain and servers from you?

Delphy rules.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 November 27, 01:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've made clear that I do not like it.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
whiterider
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 November 27, 01:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanna see him capitalise on InSim's biggest (only?) asset. Make the InSim pay! Doooo ittt! I are fan of slapstick comedy!
BoogerNabbingCrust
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 November 27, 01:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes you have Paden, i myself am worried as well. Angry
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 November 27, 01:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy purchasing InSim and taking over would bring joy, sunshine, peaches and orgasms to the entire sims 2 community.   Merging of the two largest completely FREE sims sites = check mate.
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 November 27, 01:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said in the thread over there, I think that this has been handled totally wrong.  I wont repeat what I've said there for brevity, but I think it's very disrespectful to the staff there that thier first indication was the email.  Kathy and Eric obviously have been going through some stressful times, but I can say from experience it's way better to get your staff involved with how the site runs and the direction it's going in as well as the technical details (even if nobody understands, they still care! Heck, I spout off stuff about PHP and mySQL to the MTS2 staff and even if they don't understand totally, at least I'm communicating what *I* find interesting to them - which all goes to making the site better).  I just think that this would have been easier and less frightening a move if it was more planned... but I guess hindsight is a perfect science, so we shall see.

I *am* serious about my 4th point.  Pretty much my first reaction when I finished reading was "Hrm, I wonder how much it'd cost?".  Heck, with some decent servers (plural), a good split setup and a day or so of memcached work, the "server busy" stuff would be pretty much eliminated and it'd probably end up cheaper and faster than his "8-core 4-8gb ram" server plans.

But oh well, maybe in a day or two I'll email him and ask him how much. Smiley

Even if I *did* own InSim, I'd just do the server administration and appoint a few admins to do the day to day running of things and basically just make it business as usual - except possibly changing the ads but thats fairly minor. Everything else?  No real need to change it unless people want it changed.

Regards
Delphy

« Last Edit: 2008 November 27, 02:05:37 by Delphy » Logged
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 November 27, 02:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been reading at Insim a bit and I'm alittle disappointed about how... giddy people seem over there.

That was my reaction also, that whole donation system overhaul is so thinly veiled it would be considered immodest in certain cultures. Honest to God some of those people are worse than the BBS sheeple.

It's a couple of very small steps from "ad free browsing" (pfff! in this day and age of Adblock NoScript et al.)  to " Why am I paying for the same content some one else gets for free, I think some other incentives would be nice" to " you want it you pay for it". I hope he enjoys his ride.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2008 November 27, 02:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regards
Delphy

Hell, in a day or two he may be ready to pay you to take it off his hands. Which would be awesome.

Also, nixy's post over at GOS in the Insim thread said it all I think...just where are Kathy and Eric and why haven't they said anything at the very least to their (now former) staff? It smells.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 November 27, 02:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say unless he's hellbent on having a paysite, he might take you up on that offer.  And you shall be known as the Sims 2 Community baron - with the most real estate ever. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
RedSeawench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 November 27, 02:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why did'nt Kathy or Eric at least give the mods a heads up?It sure does'nt take much to shoot off a pm.Personally I think this is pretty low of them it sure shows(in my book anyway) that they have no respect for the people that did all their work for them to keep the forum running smoothly.
I think the majority of the blame for what is going on there now rests on their shoulders.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2008 November 27, 02:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welp, guess I need to look for another site to post stuff on, in addition to MTS2.  I might only be talent at Insim, but I'm kind of shocked right now too.  I wonder how much it would cost to make my own site?

And Delphy, that post of yours was in fact, full of win.

I just can't believe that Eric or Kathy didn't mention it to their staff at least.  I know they've had stress, but sometimes sharing around stuff at least with your staff can help lighten the load.

*sigh*

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 November 27, 02:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.  I wonder how much it would cost to make my own site?

Nothing.  Wink

Inactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: