PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:52:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 894288 times)
ThatScaryChick
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #3420 on: 2008 December 05, 21:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shiny buttons are distracting.

thatscarychick.com and simsoaps.com
What Lies Beneath (A sims soap opera comic strip.)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: 2008 December 05, 21:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scuse me, Pes, but I didn't push any damn buttons, I was on site maybe all of five minutes reading up on stuff when it kerplooey'ed on me. So meh! But, thanks for fixing it!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: 2008 December 05, 21:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, Paden. Aren't cats distracted by shiny things? Or am I thinking of children? I get the two confused alot.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: 2008 December 05, 21:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, Paden. Aren't cats distracted by shiny things? Or am I thinking of children? I get the two confused alot.
Perhaps both, cats (and Jojobas) for certain though.

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3424 on: 2008 December 05, 21:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scuse me, Pes, but I didn't push any damn buttons, I was on site maybe all of five minutes reading up on stuff when it kerplooey'ed on me. So meh! But, thanks for fixing it!

He didn't mention any names.  He said staff.  I don't see a personal accusation any where.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: 2008 December 05, 21:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't found exactly which one of you is to blame. Or I would.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: 2008 December 05, 21:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, would you please put the forum Forum Maintenance controls back so we can get through the deletion process faster? They're kinda needed if we're gonna get rid of all the damn drek in a decent amount of time.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3427 on: 2008 December 05, 21:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*hands Paden a commercial sized garbage can* Hope that helps a bit.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: 2008 December 05, 21:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, would you please put the forum Forum Maintenance controls back so we can get through the deletion process faster? They're kinda needed if we're gonna get rid of all the damn drek in a decent amount of time.
If I did that, you wouldn't be able to get in. There's no one there, anyway. The 5 random stragglers has no statistical significance.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: 2008 December 05, 22:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, we're able to move a bunch of stuff but not fast enough to suit, thanks! *grabs garbage can* Thanks!!

Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: 2008 December 05, 22:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that someone has made it go boom again. You might want to tone done the shinyness on those buttons...
giggy
ARR!

Stompable giggy is stompable - ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: 2008 December 05, 22:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That or sack one of the moderators.
*Sigh this is going to take ages

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
I don't really understand this concept at all.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: 2008 December 05, 22:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe if we, as in the members of each site (those who are not admins or mods), just stay off of both sites until Pes and the staff can get things looking pretty again, it will be a shorter time frame.   

And you cannot haz my cheeze poofs.  Tongue

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
ToxicTuna
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: 2008 December 05, 23:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's been having a fun time looking into Walt's online enterprises, and has been showing me sites of Walt's businesses, and explaining to me why he finds them hilarious.   

Well then that confirmes my tentative profile of Walt, then.  It's kind of sad really.  I've known so many of those types, one being my own SIL.  And like Walt's mom, my mother-in-law, who is not well off by any means, has to keep making "investments" in my SIL's life too. It's either that or watch your child dig themselves into a hole they'll never get out of.  That's a hard thing for the whole family to deal with.  His age makes it even sadder--a man that age should be a bit more prudent and established by now, not all over the place.  I don't think he's a bad guy or even necessarily greedy.  He's probably scrambling as hard as he can to keep status quo in his life.  He has probably talked himself into believing that the evidence of his ADHD in the business world is a sign of his enterpreneurial spirit.  I'm sure he sees no harm in what he was trying to do and I can tell by how he's phrased everything that he thought he was being fair and reasonable.  Unfortunately he didn't realize he's entered an alternate universe where he's seen as anything but. 

He seems very impulsive--not the best of traits for someone setting themselves up to run businesses.  It's worse when a person mistakes their own impulsiveness for a take-charge attitude.  Hubris and cluelessness are a recipe for disaster.  I hope you all go easy on ol' Walt, at least for his family's sake.  Well I guess that's all I'll say about this subject since I see the conversation has gone off into a new direction. 
Bellawillow
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: 2008 December 05, 23:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what hardwaretoad just posted in response to the discussion about the new name at Isa.  All I have to say is that if Walt had posted that, we would have boiled him in a vat of pickled pig's fat by now.

"What many of you are failing to realize is that, 1) We won't be having the Insimenator hack/mod on the main site or here. 2) We won't be supporting said hack. 3) Neither first two points are being voted on. 4) Neither of the first 3 points are negotiable. 5) Pick a name and vote. 6) If you don't like a name up there, don't vote. 7) Go enjoy the site.

Clear enough for you all?"

Arf! Arf!
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: