PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:27:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 893576 times)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #3375 on: 2008 December 05, 11:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I can't either.  Just as far as the man with the mouse, and then clicking on revolution times out.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
carlydunham
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: 2008 December 05, 11:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

adult is  back up i think they are still working  on main site
chynna
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: 2008 December 05, 11:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

slightly off topic, but wouldnt it be amazing if people always did actually run to bermuda? it would make hunting down annoying people so much easier lol

Even better if they made a stop in the Bermuda Triangle....

I have to work and RL last couple of day and, hell, the post count went from 150 to well over 200....this thing is like a runaway horse....on meds....catching up is going to be a pain... Cry
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3378 on: 2008 December 05, 12:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to work and RL last couple of day and, hell, the post count went from 150 to well over 200....this thing is like a runaway horse....on meds....catching up is going to be a pain... Cry

Cheesy I've been trying to explain to my boyfriend what all this is about and how I really need (well, want) to keep up with this.
"That damn forum will be there in the morning! That's what forums are for! So people can read it later!"
Yes honey, but... well...

I find this whole ordeal very, very hard to explain to someone who doesn't know the first thing about this community. I imagine this is how Walt must feel.

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3379 on: 2008 December 05, 12:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find this whole ordeal very, very hard to explain to someone who doesn't know the first thing about this community. I imagine this is how Walt must feel.

I don't think DrBorken is doing too bad a job of understanding it, really, but maybe that's because I keep giving him background information?  Wink  Cheesy He probably knows as much as some of the other members of here now, and that's not bad at all. Grin

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
putti
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: 2008 December 05, 12:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy I've been trying to explain to my boyfriend what all this is about and how I really need (well, want) to keep up with this.
"That damn forum will be there in the morning! That's what forums are for! So people can read it later!"

Same with my husband,he has no clue.
"Are you going to get away from that computer today?"

"As soon as I read another 20 pages!" Wink

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3381 on: 2008 December 05, 12:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's some confusion over at Simscave aout how Pes gained admin status during the revolution. Sorry of this has been explained before, but it was a messy thing (it was a revolution after all) and I may have missed it. Does anyone know? Because people are concerned there were haxx0rz going on and I'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

putti
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: 2008 December 05, 12:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's some confusion over at Simscave aout how Pes gained admin status during the revolution. Sorry of this has been explained before, but it was a messy thing (it was a revolution after all) and I may have missed it. Does anyone know? Because people are concerned there were haxx0rz going on and I'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

It was said that Pes was already a admin on insim,because he helped K&E out before.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: 2008 December 05, 12:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehehe HA HA HA another thing that Walt should have enquired about first!  "Has Pescado *ever* had shell access to your server?"

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: 2008 December 05, 12:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a reason why I say my assistance always costs your soul, you know. Also, your cheezy poofs.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: 2008 December 05, 12:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>

Walt has evidently made a run at local govt under the banner of the Libertarian Party: http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Thiessen_Walt_672833557.aspx   For those of you not familiar with the US political parties, the Libertarian party is never a strong contender in our elections.  It can attract a lot of NWO (New World Order) conspiracy theorists and people who have a hard time appealing to the mainstream--not because their ideas are totally off.  But because they have difficulty fully articulating their ideas and tend to blow up when someone tries to debate them.  Or...they are sound in one area, but completely bonkers in their other ideas.  Such was the case with one Congressional candidate I was thinking of voting for until I researched him.  He had sound ideas about economics but was totally batshit crazy and apparently poorly educated in any other area.  

Ha, what you write about the libertarian party is so true.  I was a member a long, long time ago (when it was first founded, I think), and worked in the campaign of the candidate for mayor of New York. We got enough signatures on a petition to get her on the ballot by hanging out Central Park and promising the aging hippies there that she'd legalize drugs. Tongue  She actually did far better in the general election than anyone expected.

I think of myself as a libertarian, but the party is a shambles.  Maybe it's unreasonable to expect libertarians to organize themselves. Cheesy

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Kyna
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: 2008 December 05, 12:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same with my husband,he has no clue.
"Are you going to get away from that computer today?"

"As soon as I read another 20 pages!" Wink

My son has a vague awareness of the sims community as both my daughter and I are simmers & MATYzens.  He's heard enough conversations between my daughter and I to have some idea of the main community sites, to know the names of some of the community leaders, and to understand why paysites are TEH EVUL!!!1111  I started explaining recent events to him the other day, and he started laughing about halfway through.  When I got to the part about Walt's video, he started asking for links to read up on all this.  Apparently some of what I was describing regarding Walt's blathering on related to one of the subjects he'd studied at uni this semester.  Unfortunately Walt's video had already been pulled by then.

He's been having a fun time looking into Walt's online enterprises, and has been showing me sites of Walt's businesses, and explaining to me why he finds them hilarious.  He also had his first major exposure to lolcats used in context, during the rioting the other day.  Apparently his fellow students aren't much into lolcats.  The past week has been educational and informative for both of us.

While he did start reading this thread (when it was only 80ish pages long), I don't think he's finished it.  So I gave him the link to FW, as it sums everything up very nicely.  Having my son watching this thread grow daily also helps to explain to him why dinner has been a little later than usual during the past week.
drborken
Landlubber

InFlamesWeTrust

View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: 2008 December 05, 12:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, i just looked at the domain scans and stuff again, no changes since my last check at roughly 4am, and everything i do to try and get to the server the domain points to still just results in a blank. everything is just timing out. the domain is pointing to a non existant ip address.

i r win LOLZ
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: 2008 December 05, 13:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think of myself as a libertarian, but the party is a shambles.  Maybe it's unreasonable to expect libertarians to organize themselves. Cheesy
Well, duh. I mean, a huge organized bureaucracy to oppose huge organized bureaucracy? That's crazy talk! The entire point is NOT to organize! Organizing would mean becoming exactly what we oppose, which would effectively own-goal the party and cause it to be abandoned.

ok, i just looked at the domain scans and stuff again, no changes since my last check at roughly 4am, and everything i do to try and get to the server the domain points to still just results in a blank. everything is just timing out. the domain is pointing to a non existant ip address.
ComInt reports that the DNS was apparently still controlled by Kathy and Eric, who have now deleted it, and presumably turned the mess more over to Walt. Now they are apparently entirely devoid of site, while we can haz site.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: 2008 December 05, 13:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, that was the point at which the party advocated private ownership of nuclear weapons.  Where were you, Pes? Grin

edited because my fine motor skills are awol this morning.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: