PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 20:22:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 910395 times)
drborken
Landlubber

InFlamesWeTrust

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #3315 on: 2008 December 05, 01:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AW, were you asking about the domain, or the LLC.  Dirt Cheap Advertising is a Virginia based LLC.  Walt is listed as a member/manager and the resgistered agents.  There could be other member/mangers (LLCs do not have shareholders) but they are not listed.  The registered address is same one Walt uses for everything else (it is posted elsehwere, but I won't post it here).

im guessing walt is a fairly important person in the company, they wouldnt let a nobody own the domain.

Just a guess, but I'd say that related sites list has nothing to do with ownership, but rather how internet search engines find similar sites - ie they're big sites related to the Sims.

im not sure as some of the related sites arent always as relevant as you would expect. you may well be right, but i know that DCA does own 12 domains and has links to others.

i r win LOLZ
HeartOFire
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: 2008 December 05, 01:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But Walt doesn't own the domain, the LLC does (or maybe I misunderstood?)
drborken
Landlubber

InFlamesWeTrust

View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: 2008 December 05, 01:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the domain scan says that the domain www.dirtcheapadvertising.com is registered to walt, so i presume its him that owns it, i beleive he created dirtcheapadvertising.

i r win LOLZ
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3318 on: 2008 December 05, 01:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, a single person -can- own an LLC - a friend of mine has one that is going to be the parent 'corp' for our computer building company, once we're all in the same state - which should be after Christmas, since that's when his lease is up.

So, affectively, its quite possible that DCA is Walt.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Genlisae
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3319 on: 2008 December 05, 01:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Aboslutely nothing useful to add in this post as I have spent the last several hours dealing with the situation that I am about to mention, I just though you all might enjoy pointing and laughing at me for a moment)

The Parent Advisory Council at my daughter's school is proving to have thier heads lodged so firmly up thier asses they are right way up again. I was discussing this with a member of the school board on the phone a few moments ago and actually said "They have pulled a Walt and I am not happy!"

(going back to lurking and catching up, as soon as I bleach that analogy from my brain forever)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3320 on: 2008 December 05, 01:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone happen to download and save Walt's Youtube vid?  I think Dr. Borken needs to see it.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
drborken
Landlubber

InFlamesWeTrust

View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: 2008 December 05, 01:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, a single person -can- own an LLC - a friend of mine has one that is going to be the parent 'corp' for our computer building company, once we're all in the same state - which should be after Christmas, since that's when his lease is up.

yeah thats what i was thinking, i was beginning to wonder if DCA was just walt with maybe a few useless people running around underneath him, like his pets. maybe its walt and his mum? lmao

i r win LOLZ
HeartOFire
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: 2008 December 05, 01:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Dr. Borken, now I got it.  You are talking about dirtcheapadvertising.com but I was writing that Dirt Cheap Advertising, LLC is the owner of insimenator.net.  Actually, Dirt Cheap Advertising LLC owns both domains.  I am also willng to bet Walt and his mom are the only members.
Aperture
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: 2008 December 05, 01:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe not even his mother.  I know some authors register themselves as a LLC, so Walt could be all by himself on that one...
count four
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: 2008 December 05, 01:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah thats what i was thinking, i was beginning to wonder if DCA was just walt with maybe a few useless people running around underneath him, like his pets. maybe its walt and his mum? lmao

I think you're finally catching on to the kind of "businessman" Walt really is, i.e., not much of one at all.  I bet InSim was the biggest deal he ever got into --and he promptly fucked himself right out of it.
drborken
Landlubber

InFlamesWeTrust

View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: 2008 December 05, 01:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this whole thing is actually quite amusing in a way. im enjoying being here, its great. and yeah walt seems like a total moron, hes just totally screwed himself over.

i r win LOLZ
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: 2008 December 05, 01:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would a guy who does ads suddenly decide to buy a Sims 2 domain?  Furthermore, how can he have ads at so many high profile sites within the Sims 2 community and know nothing about it?  And quite a few of his ads pertain to Sims 2 packs, how do you market something without product knowledge?  Or, have a "group" of money-hungry greedy investors decided to pitch in with Walt for further financial gain?  I just have to wonder - why now?

I'm just speculating is all.  

ETA:  Spelling error and to shower Dr. B with love and rum.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 05, 01:51:46 by armywife » Logged

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
drborken
Landlubber

InFlamesWeTrust

View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: 2008 December 05, 01:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well if hes a "businessman" then he has probably just seen that the sims 2 is making money and decided he wants in. he said he wants profits, so he probably sees it as a profitable place to just milk for as much as he can.

i r win LOLZ
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3328 on: 2008 December 05, 01:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe Thomas is Walt, and he's trying to turn all Sim sites into paysites.
He's going to take over the WOILD!!

Just spec-a-latin', too.  Cheesy Cheesy

I loves ya, AW.
*hugggles and kisses*

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
drborken
Landlubber

InFlamesWeTrust

View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: 2008 December 05, 01:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i honestly dont think walt is thomas. going on what ive seen on the domains and what ive been told about the two people, they sound and seem different.
still, im only speculating too Tongue

i r win LOLZ
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: