PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 17:55:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 910341 times)
kattenijin
Landlubber

Gnarrraaahhhhh!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #3300 on: 2008 December 05, 00:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding the FanWank, it should probably be mentioned that Wart offered to sell ISA to Delphy at one point.
drborken
Landlubber

InFlamesWeTrust

View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: 2008 December 05, 00:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol this is where one of my plans could come in. if he reups files that have been deleted by the author, it is illegal, as he is using someone elses intellectual property without permission, which breaks copyright. it would be fairly easy to get proof that he did this, so once we had proof, it and once we know where insim is hosted again, we can just contact the host with the proof and they will see to it that the site is taken down, leaving you guys to build a new insim community as and where you see fit Smiley
The copyright argument is meaningless. What works for PMBD would similarly work for Walt.

Of course, there's always pillaging and burning. There's no reason to believe Walt will not continue to compromise the server.

thats true, i hadnt thought of that. there might be a way around it somehow though. but yeah, pillaging is always fun. and like i said, ill be here if theres anything i can do at all. and i will share anything i find out as soon as i find it.

i r win LOLZ
jssimone
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: 2008 December 05, 00:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bleh. He can have the biggest overcompensating server in the world. He's nothing without the staff and creators. Just another Walt move to point and laugh at.  
Exploited
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: 2008 December 05, 00:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to post this after a few updated pages but kenmtl this has to be the funniest post i have seen about this whole mess, aaah the irony.  Grin
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: 2008 December 05, 00:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an idea related to all of this.  One thing I've heard a lot from various people is that they almost feel sorry for Walt as he's clearly clueless.  Now, a businessman should be intelligent enough to research what he's getting into before he buys, but at the same time, a lot of what he's run afoul of are issues of community culture, which aren't exactly spelled out anywhere and would be hard for someone who doesn't know the community to learn about in some Google searches.  There's also a lot of individuals that I don't think quite understand why some of the things he's done have rubbed so many in such a terribly wrong way, again because of a lack of understanding of the community culture.

I personally found it pretty sad, that first long thread where he clearly didn't know who anyone was, including people like Delphy and Pescado, and his continued ignorance with the whole "someone called Pescado" thing.

So, feeling kind of diplomatic, I went and typed all this up  (warning: I am long winded!):

http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=63845

... which hopefully explains to someone as clueless about the community as Walt why him doing what he did pissed so many people off.  I'm thinking that once InSIM is back up, I'll post it there in Site Issues recommending he read it.  It may not do any good, and I don't propose that it should change anything about what the community does, but it may at least make him realize why everyone has had such issue with his actions.  And it would certainly eliminate the "well gosh, he just doesn't know better" type stuff.  Kinda hard to sympathize with someone if they have the info and then choose to ignore it.

It's not perfect - it's almost 2 AM now and I'm tired and my brain is fried.  Any lack of including certain people/sites is probably not intentional, and I'll admit I don't know all of the history of everything all the way back.  Also, be aware that it is not particularly pro-pirate.  It's not anti-pirate either, but I tried to go with as fair and unbiased as I could - I didn't want it to have an obvious slant to it that would turn people off from the overall point.  I know you guys tend to be a bit more about the lolcat/fail macros than handing someone an informative pamphlet, but I figure there's room for both approaches, and if you aren't catching any flies with vinegar, it might be time to try a little honey.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: 2008 December 05, 00:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr. Borken...just for shits and giggles, can you find out if there is a link between the dirtcheapads company and The Sims Resource?  Specifically, does TSR have an ad contract with this company. 

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: 2008 December 05, 01:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is frightening and entirely possible. Sometimes you  make too damn much sense, woman. Stop it!!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
drborken
Landlubber

InFlamesWeTrust

View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: 2008 December 05, 01:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr. Borken...just for shits and giggles, can you find out if there is a link between the dirtcheapads company and The Sims Resource?  Specifically, does TSR have an ad contract with this company. 

Related Sites:      insimadult.net, thesimsresource.com, sims2cri.com, sims2community.com, simbology.com, rosesims2.net, peggyzone.com, parsimonious.org, modthesims2.com, xmsims.com

interesting?

im also seeing that the domain for TSR is owned by a Johan Isacsson, which is interesting, as ive been told by someone else that its meant to be owned by a steve something?

strange. can anyone give me any more info i can use?

EDIT - it appears that this Johan Isacsson also uses the name Thomas Isacsson, which i beleive should ring a few bells

i r win LOLZ
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3308 on: 2008 December 05, 01:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you guys tend to be a bit more about the lolcat/fail macros than handing someone an informative pamphlet, but I figure there's room for both approaches, and if you aren't catching any flies with vinegar, it might be time to try a little honey.

Nope, I tried (*tried*) to be as neutral as I could in my sim_wank article as well. It's about informing people, not ranting. I'm glad we share that view. EPIC post by the way, that must've taken ages to write! I hope someone benefits from your hard work.

Person Who Offered To Proofread (and who's name I forgot, shame on me): thank you! I've shot you an email, no need to lose my addy. You're nice  Wink

And thanks for that "get over it" screenshot, Bunny Person! (So many new names, I can't keep up!) That wank wouldn't have been the same without it.

EDIT:

Related Sites:      insimadult.net, thesimsresource.com, sims2cri.com, sims2community.com, simbology.com, rosesims2.net, peggyzone.com, parsimonious.org, modthesims2.com, xmsims.com

Holy crap on a pogo stick, I just read that. Um... sounds bad, but what does it mean exactly?

AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: 2008 December 05, 01:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr. B - Can you see who actually owns dirt cheap ads? 

ETA:  Did I mention how awesome you are btw?   Kiss 

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
drborken
Landlubber

InFlamesWeTrust

View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: 2008 December 05, 01:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr. B - Can you see who actually owns dirt cheap ads? 

ETA:  Did I mention how awesome you are btw?   Kiss 

Domain Name: DIRTCHEAPADVERTISING.COM
      Created on: 29-Jan-02
      Expires on: 29-Jan-09
      Last Updated on: 27-Sep-07

Administrative Contact:
      Thiessen, Walt

so walt owns it

and thanks ^^ its nice to know im appreciated

i r win LOLZ
HeartOFire
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: 2008 December 05, 01:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AW, were you asking about the domain, or the LLC.  Dirt Cheap Advertising is a Virginia based LLC.  Walt is listed as a member/manager and the resgistered agent.  There could be other member/mangers (LLCs do not have shareholders) but they are not listed.  The registered address is same one Walt uses for everything else (it is posted elsehwere, but I won't post it here).

edited:  agent, not agents
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3312 on: 2008 December 05, 01:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a guess, but I'd say that related sites list has nothing to do with ownership, but rather how internet search engines find similar sites - ie they're big sites related to the Sims.

edit-
Walt also owns DLD2000.com, LLC, if you can find anything interesting on that.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: 2008 December 05, 01:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... This makes Kathy look even more a liar than we knew she was. The bitch sold us to something that ought to crawl back into the primordial muck and evolve MOAR!! Fucking goddamn two ball biddy bitching WHORE!!!! Oh, did I mention that I'm a little bit pissed off about this??

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: 2008 December 05, 01:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>

So, feeling kind of diplomatic, I went and typed all this up  (warning: I am long winded!):

http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=63845

I think this should be mandatory reading for any newbies?  Cheesy Very well done, although it's missing the macros.  Tongue

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: