PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 23:08:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 910449 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #3255 on: 2008 December 04, 23:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neriana, those look awesome! Now I'm hungry... Nom nom nom!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3256 on: 2008 December 04, 23:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm voting with Neriana. If he were that diabolically clever, he would never have bought the site in the first place.

count four
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: 2008 December 04, 23:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt Walt has a back up. Right from the start he has come across as the type of incompetent who couldn't succeed in the real world, who turned to the internet because you don't have to deal with people face-to-face (which has probably failed for him all his life), it's often easier to con people online that in RL, and because it is ez 4 maik munnies on intertubes.

He thinks he's a business man. But the first thing he does is buy a website without understanding what the site is about. He failed to understand what fansites are for and about.  He comes stumbling into the site making proclamations of profiting on everybody else's labor with no clue of the likely reaction from his users.  He totally fails to understand that you keep your users happy, or you have no users.  He dismisses the reactions of his users.  He dismisses the suggestions of people who have been at this a lot longer than he has.  And he has no clue how to use the software associated with his own damned website.

Who really believes this guy knows how to make a back up?  Who believes he even thought he needed one?  He believed all he had to do was buy this already established site and watch the dollars roll in.  He really did believe he could simply, easily profit on several years of other people's work.  He's a lame, incompetent retard who had no idea what he was really getting into, and if he has a complete back up, I'll eat your pirate hat.
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: 2008 December 04, 23:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now insimenator can only be found on the wayback machine - http://web.archive.org/web//http://www.insimenator.net/

I miss it already   Cry
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3259 on: 2008 December 04, 23:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please to be noting, the IP addresses were appearing in the contact form info section. I don't know if the admins had access to that, but I'd never even seen it until Walt borked the system. I don't think I ever saw a thread where mods were discussing IP addresses. So that's one less tin foil hat you have to wear.

Ninja'd by Ali... Wink

What's with this "ninja'd" crapola?  People keep saying it.

ninja'd means that someone posted the answer or comment at the time the person ninja'd was writing it.   So, like if someone quickly posts the answer to your question as I am writing this one, I would go back and add "ninja'd"!  Just so everyone knows I am not an idiot and I did see the other answer, it just got done before I finished writing. 

Did that even make sense?

Yeah, it made sense, but it just sounds like it's done to annoy everybody like how people like to post "first!" (or frist or bleen) even though they can't guarantee that they will be the first comment to the blog post.  So, you end up with three plus people saying "first" to every blog post.. ugh, so annoying and pointless.

Maybe I'm just being particularly bitchy today.  Feel free to tell me to get over it.   Kiss  I just hope people don't make it a habit of saying it..

Heh. "Ninja'd!" is the new "Jinxed!"

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Lomesul
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: 2008 December 04, 23:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've made a summary sort of thing of this whole wank, I don't really know why. People were asking for some sort of fandom_wank style write-up and I obliged. Tell me if it needs editing, or something. If you come accross any confused newbies, I guess you can  just direct them there. So there's that :p

http://simsinspace.wordpress.com/

Ok, the English major in me is making me delurk.  What you've got is really good, but just needs some minor polishing (typos, etc.).  Since this is an important article for the community, it should be nicely polished.

Devilfish, I'm willing to proofread this, but I'll need to send the proofed article to you.  My profile has my email, so you can just email me and I'll send this to you in a reply.  I promise to immediately lose your addy as soon as I've finished this project (unless you don't mind a long-time lurker keeping it).

Edit: corrected typo and grammar......see what happens when you type too fast?  I was trying to get this posted quickly since this thread moves at what seems to be the speed of light.  Thanks to all those who mentioned the errors and thanks to those who already proofed and posted the article.  I'll just quietly go back to lurking.....
« Last Edit: 2008 December 05, 00:57:36 by Lomesul » Logged
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: 2008 December 04, 23:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second what count four said.

If he made up all that stuff (the InSim venture, AND his writings about global warming, AND the YouTube movie, AND... so on) on purpose, for a mysterious evil plan, like a mad scientist in Marvel comics, then he should be the most smart and well-known businessman in the world; how comes that he already isn't in "the most known and clever businessmen top ten"?

Probability should work:
- If conspiracy is true, then Walt is no less than an Evil Genius.
- If dumbassery is true., then Walt is exactly like the most part of typical clueless business managers all around the world.

I wouldn't bet on that.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: 2008 December 04, 23:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've made a summary sort of thing of this whole wank, <snip!>
http://simsinspace.wordpress.com/
Ok, the Engliish major in me is making me delurk.  What you've got is really good, but just needs some minor polishing (typos, etc.).  Since this is an important article for the community, it should be done up nice.

I lol'd.  Tongue

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3263 on: 2008 December 04, 23:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, this is what I'm gathering...
Someone needs to stfu.
Someone else needs to STFuckityFuckU.
Someone keeps repeating. Someone keeps repeating.  Cheesy
AW haz mad skillz.
mando is dead on the side of the road.  Wink
Paden has boo-boo.  Undecided  Kiss
Someone else is being bitchy.

ISA is up.
No WFIS yet.

Am I correct? Because I've read every last page of this thread and I'm fucking amazed at how long it got so fast.  Cheesy

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: 2008 December 04, 23:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree; count four is sounding pretty darned accurate IMHO   Cool
drborken
Landlubber

InFlamesWeTrust

View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: 2008 December 04, 23:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hello
i am a friend of tchan, i live next door to her.
she has shown me what has been happening, and i have been watching this thread

i decided to do some research to see if i cud help you all out

i found out that insim and insimadult are hosted on the same server. they are registered by a company called godaddy.
it is possible that they are (were) also hosted on godaddy, as i know that site also offers hosting.

after doing several different scans in a number of ways, i found out the ip address of insim. ive tried pinging the ip and domain, and neither respond. going to the ip also does not work. this means the site is no longer there.

however, my searches have also revealed that there has been a change in the nameservers of insim, and all the searches seem to think that it is still an active site. i do not see why the site would be down yet have a change in nameservers and still be registered as active.

i may be incorrect, but everything i am seeing is pointing to the site being moved to a new server.

i r win LOLZ
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: 2008 December 04, 23:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I correct?

Yes.  You are correct.    Grin
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: 2008 December 04, 23:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I correct? Because I've read every last page of this thread and I'm fucking amazed at how long it got so fast.  Cheesy

That reminds me of my very first... internet drama.

Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: 2008 December 04, 23:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i may be incorrect, but everything i am seeing is pointing to the site being moved to a new server.

Hello doctor.   I think you are correct; IIRC didnt Walt say he was paying for new and better servers?  That might explain this.
drborken
Landlubber

InFlamesWeTrust

View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: 2008 December 04, 23:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello doctor.   I think you are correct; IIRC didnt Walt say he was paying for new and better servers?  That might explain this.

interesting. well im here to help, if theres anything i can do at all, just ask and ill do my best to help out. ive been talking to tchan about a few things to do with the site and i have a few 100% legal and clever plans which could prove very useful for you should things turn nasty with walt.

i r win LOLZ
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: