PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 13:59:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 909001 times)
lewisb
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2640 on: 2008 December 03, 14:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww, thanks SamanthaS and Armywife (omg, you're here, lol!)  Kiss - just rattles me so much when some people who want this place saved seem so ungrateful for the work people have been putting in. Delphy was the first to jump in there and offer to take it off his hands and is STILL wanting to help out with making the forum (all the SMF stuff he's been talking about) and Bliss STILL has the bloody cheek to say that? I fear for future if thats how people thank others Roll Eyes

Please don't judge all of InSim members by that post. I for one am very appreciative of all the work you have done for us. Posted it in the Q&A thread. I humbly bow myself to you, for I know I would be ambly roving around the community trying to find a new home. Thank you very much!!

Hey Thomass! Kiss my "disillusioned miscreants" A**!
Keep crying fool!
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: 2008 December 03, 14:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the feeling other side issues are creeping in now.  Never mind swords and posturing. I will go on record as saying that while I will not do anything to obstruct your plan taking over the site as is, it is far from being my favorite outcome.  It gives him something.   I think he should leave with nothing.
Well, this ENDS with him surrendering his sword to me. At the moment, however, he needs to hold onto that sword until morning so that he can surrender it. The sword itself is ceremonial anyway, it would be pointless to take anything. What's he gonna do with it? Burn down the site? That's kinda already happening. Ban me? I'll take that as a refusal. It makes no difference what he does, his only real option is to capitulate.

What is then going to happen Pescado, if you get the server and domain name? Will there be any rules, moderators?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: 2008 December 03, 14:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please don't judge all of InSim members by that post. I for one am very appreciative of all the work you have done for us. Posted it in the Q&A thread. I humbly bow myself to you, for I know I would be ambly roving around the community trying to find a new home. Thank you very much!!

Oh I don't - which is why I said some people. I know the majority are very very grateful for what people are doing for the site. It just seems the odd few who filter through cheekily come out with uneccessary remarks like that one.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: 2008 December 03, 14:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had read the previous thread about 3 times and I swear that it was only a page long and Pescado's message was not on there. Either way, I saw it now, (before I had read the comments not to go to inSim), I've logged off until someone tells me Walt grows a pair and decides to do SOMETHING, anything!

Sleep now. I expect a 100 page essay when I get up Tongue

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2644 on: 2008 December 03, 15:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone notice Kathy's new sig?  This particular post with the new sig just made my morning.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Midnite
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: 2008 December 03, 15:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*comes out of lurk mode*

The "attention K-Mart shoppers picture has been removed of the InSIM forum homepage and Walt is onlune

*goes back to lurking*

*EDIT because I can't spell Sad
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: 2008 December 03, 15:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I don't - which is why I said some people. I know the majority are very very grateful for what people are doing for the site. It just seems the odd few who filter through cheekily come out with uneccessary remarks like that one.

Some people will always be ungrateful arseholes no matter how much help they receive. Just look at what happened over at GoS when Liegenschonheit borked the site! Pescado fixed it, but a handful of people took time out of their busy "I want moar f2m hair conversions nao!" thread-starting schedule to heap criticism on him!

Some people are just beyond all help, sadly.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2647 on: 2008 December 03, 15:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question:

what is the plan if there is a backup and everything is restored to the way it was prior to the pillaging?

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
carlydunham
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: 2008 December 03, 15:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

he has also deleted lots of threads/posts
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: 2008 December 03, 15:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walt's been online since 9:13 am EST (last time I was able to look).  

I find it very irritating when Pes, Delphy and others come to the "rescue" of other sites, where there is no benefit to them nor reason for them to be involved, spend hours upon hours getting things done and those few will act like complete shitheads.  

Hi Anyerfillag  Kiss

So Pescado, any response on your offer yet?

ETA:  Carly, who has deleted posts/threads - Walt?

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: 2008 December 03, 15:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's gone!  isitjustme says no such site.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Aarron
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: 2008 December 03, 15:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

he has also deleted lots of threads/posts

Synaptic sym over at sim oasis has been organising thread deletions for ppl on both insim sites if thats what you mean as well as some of the mods from here.

And some of the posts (2 inparticular) i saw befor being told to get off the site anoyed me greatly. seams some ppl would rather go on about copyrights, insult the "damn pirate" and the "tin pot dictator" than stay on topic about Walt and the comunity.

Fake edit. He's finaly taken the site down? both of them or just the main one?
coralleane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: 2008 December 03, 15:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not going back through 177 pages to find the quote, but I think someone mentioned that they'd had that error message before?  So it may well be temporary (while Walt tries to figure out what the heck to do!) rather than permanent. 

joan_fontaine
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: 2008 December 03, 15:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get a "Failure to Connect, Firefox can't establish a connection to the server" error, as well.  I think the server's just down - do you really think Walt would kill the site without another last ditch attempt to recoup his money?
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: 2008 December 03, 15:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure of the link to the adult one.  But the main one is saying it's not there.  Unless I just got ipbanned as I accused him of being Eric.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: