PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:58:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 909366 times)
Tamarind
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1680 on: 2008 December 01, 19:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But Tamarind, that is not how it would be.  The Insimenator forum has a huge contingent of 12s who will continue to be tricked out of their pocket money and click on ads.  They won't understand the issues.  The bridge needs burning.  In fact I would have put the burning at higher priority than the pillaging.

Well that's nice Quorneater.  It's great that you have your priorities sorted.  However you obviously don't have a year's work on the site that you are maybe going to lose.  I will continue to be grateful to Pes for his efforts on behalf of those of us who have something to lose. 

But seeing as we have chocolate mentioned in a recent post here is a cautionary tale of pirates.  A pirate crew boarded a ship sailing from the New World to Spain and were angered to find the hold full of sheep droppings rather than treasure, so they burned it.  Turned out those sheep droppings were cocoa pods worth their weight in silver.  A silly story but I think it makes a point.  Don't be quick to burn until you are sure you have all the booty.  Argue the value after you have it.  Any good pirate should know that.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 01, 20:00:39 by Tamarind » Logged
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: 2008 December 01, 19:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My issue with Walt is not that he bought it, it is that he bought it without research and has not done anything to address the concerns of the members or the staff since his initial postings. (all 12 of them).  He may not be culpable in the way people feel about the fact that the site was sold the way it was but he definitely is at fault with how he has treated people since joining the site.  His staff has tried to get him to talk to them many times and he has simply ignored them.  He has rebooted the site so it isnt like he can claim he was away from the computer for all these days and had no way of getting in touch with anyone.  He has made a choice and his choice has consequences.  

Kath and Eric also made thier choice and they have consequences as well but with them gone they dont exactly have to contend with thiers.  I agree that everyone has every reason to be completely angry with them but that doesnt mean Walt isnt without fault as well.  I dont agree with the mentality that is showing up however that since K & E are no where to be found that we should use Walt as a scapegoat but if we divide up the blame for how people are feeling there is a large slice there for him as well.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: 2008 December 01, 19:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's still ignoring the staff, the silly bastard.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1683 on: 2008 December 01, 19:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Quick calalily is QUICK! Woman, have you been taking speed-typist sessions or something??

Nup - I'm relatively slow and cogitate, backspace and spell check by eye (no firefox for me). Just the mucho time I spent here means I need to be quick on my feet to beat you all to the first macro for the trolls/whiners.  Otherwise you'd never see my babies. Cheesy

My issue with Walt is not that he bought it, it is that he bought it without research and has not done anything to address the concerns of the members or the staff since his initial postings. (all 12 of them).  

I have to agree with this - while I don't think Walt is the worst one in this situation, I do think he's not a fluffy lambikins who should be kissed better.  It speaks to his character that he didn't take that 2 weeks or so while he was registered at Insim to approach staff or get the lay of the land.  Even the very worst of bosses greets you and gives you a little speech and tries at least to get you on his side before moving ahead with radical management plans.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: 2008 December 01, 20:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neriana speaks bluntly and to the point. If she wants a fight, she'll go for your throat methinks. Best way to avoid said/perceived invitation to fight? Ignore what you think is said/perceived threat. Also, I thought you liked MOAR FIGHT?

Thank you Paden. If anyone ever just "thinks" I'm trying to pick a fight, they're wrong. When I want a fight you'll know, trust me.

As I see it, this ties in directly to what we let Kathy and Eric get away with. Because they had the insiminator, because they were a free site, they could do no wrong. I've bitten my tongue plenty over shenanigans, and I happen to have learned again in the past year that it doesn't help. Besides, I just gotta be me Tongue.

Oh, and everyone who's been in the Sims community since TS2 came out and who's posted semi-regularly on some of the same boards I frequent, who I haven't disagreed with over something, will now find a million dollars magically deposited into their bank accounts.

Anyway, I think it's great that this seems to be bringing a lot of people together. It would be nice if we could make sure something like this doesn't happen again, though.

SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1685 on: 2008 December 01, 20:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha! Paden, your post count is 3333. Awesome!

*Sorry for the OT*  Cheesy

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: 2008 December 01, 20:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay okay okay!  But I want to watch someone *else* fight, not have one of my own.  I only just recovered from the battle to stay in the Senate  Cheesy

Our lil friend must be stopped.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1687 on: 2008 December 01, 20:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay okay okay!  But I want to watch someone *else* fight, not have one of my own.  I only just recovered from the battle to stay in the Senate  Cheesy

A wait is acceptable, but I wish to have one on my desk before this week's end.  Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: 2008 December 01, 20:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Samantha, I went and took a screenie of that post cause you pointed that out! And, the plotting and planning is still going on, muahahahahahah! Cheesy And cala, my folder grows by leaps and bounds when you are posting those macros, keep 'em coming, please!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1689 on: 2008 December 01, 20:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That wasn't all bad, you released a new shiny teleporter cat after that.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: 2008 December 01, 20:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*streaks through the bingo parlor*

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: 2008 December 01, 20:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh!  My eyes!!  My Delicate Little Eyes!!!

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: 2008 December 01, 20:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's nice Quorneater.  It's great that you have your priorities sorted.  However you obviously don't have a year's work on the site that you are maybe going to lose.  I will continue to be grateful to Pes for his efforts on behalf of those of us who have something to lose. 

But seeing as we have chocolate mentioned in a recent post here is a cautionary tale of pirates.  A pirate crew boarded a ship sailing from the New World to Spain and were angered to find the hold full of sheep droppings rather than treasure, so they burned it.  Turned out those sheep droppings were cocoa pods worth their weight in silver.  A silly story but I think it makes a point.  Don't be quick to burn until you are sure you have all the booty.  Argue the value after you have it.  Any good pirate should know that.

The poor defenceless chocolate! burned by stupidity... what a waist!
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: 2008 December 01, 20:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*streaks through the bingo parlor*

Are we collectively that old to be playing bingo in a parlor? Cheesy

yes. notice the fact I haven't screamed in horror

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Julie J
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: 2008 December 01, 20:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walt has a relative in the movies maybe this is how he was able to buy InSIM  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: