PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:31:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 909320 times)
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1620 on: 2008 December 01, 16:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silver- Most of the good info is still right here but for those who just need to hang out with other Insim folks to help them not need to trample all over the lawn, then the Oasis might help.  I would say Info=here, support=Oasis.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: 2008 December 01, 16:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think if people asked real nice like, TJ could be persuaded to add spawning options to the Bender?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: 2008 December 01, 16:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say there is only one way to find out, Ken.

katzenmammi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: 2008 December 01, 16:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanna throw something out here (but first let me check for my flame proof undies and magical rum bottle defending shield).Maybe walt isnt so dumb after all.Lets face it during the great paysites vs free sites disaster noone left and after it all blew over we played happy families again.The giant fireball from space that is seccurom (sp??) may have forced some of us to find other ways of playing (such as say only installing up to the Securom free Expacks) .But play we did.And letsface it as a community all the other monor disasters etc unless directly involved we just sit by point and laugh and toast Marshmellows.In that sense was Walt (from his POV anyways) that wrong in assuming "they'll put up with look they put up with everything else" I kinda get the feeling we are a very sick and dysfunctional community.
Just some musings on my part
Kat
lamamma
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: 2008 December 01, 16:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you tell him that Scotty said to get his butt over to the GSC? Even if it's to say hi? He'll know who ya mean. :lol: I've been wondering how he has been. I just want to know if he's okay.

Message sent, Scotty. Don't know when he will be able to read it and do anything though.
Foxybaby
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: 2008 December 01, 16:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this might sound like a stupid question and I'm most likely to get my lips ripped off  Roll Eyes but is there anyway that Pes could pull members registered e-mail addresses and perhaps send a generic e-mail saying don't log in fore now etc, or maybe there's a mod lurking who as a list, I get that there'd be a lot of e-mails, but if it stops people trying to log in.........

Now can someone pass me some rum to numb the pain of the beating I'm about to get Undecided
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: 2008 December 01, 16:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But Katz, you are assuming that Walt knew anything about the community, which he has said he didnt.  In order for him to use that logic he would have had to know something about the history of this community and since he wasnt here until he bought Insim (from an auction house type of thing for websites).  He didnt know anything about the fortitude of the community so he really couldnt have decided to exploit it like that.  It is our good fortune to know how resilient we are and be able to use it to our advantage.

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1627 on: 2008 December 01, 16:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kat? Unfortunate name to have in these times.

It's all possible, just like it's possible 'Walt' is actually some Nigerian scammer involved in a series of whacky shenanigans designed to overthrow the Brazilian government, but it's not likely. From his posts it's fairly obvious that he does not know anything about the game and the community at all. He didn't recognise the 'big names', literally said he never played the game and had no interest in ever playing it and basically made an ass out of himself with his idiocy regarding this community. So no, I can't really see that logic working.

Besides, this really isn't a time for claiming that this community is sour and bitter and all things horrible. I've actually never seen so many people working for a common cause, not in this community. It's more heartwarming than sad.

I don't think it just 'blew over' anyway. Many people are now coming out and saying that the whole debate made them feel unwelcome or tetchy. Sur, we can all play happy family as much as we want, but that doesn't mean everything is peachy under the surface, as K/E illustrated by doing a runner.

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: 2008 December 01, 16:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not possible to stop all traffic to Insim without burning the place, which is not an issue, because it is simply not legal. People over the entire world is playing sims2. All we can do, and are doing is to tell people both on this forum, and other forums  not to visit Insim as long as Pescado is working with it. That is why you got a hard treatment scotty,  where the pirate king himself is trying to solve the problem for the fans. He is in fact doing a great job, hopefully with some help from Delphy too. So please respect what these crazy, drunk, spitting, swearing pirates are saying, else you all get macroed and sweared at. I tell you, it's not funny. Some here (pirates or not) are also very 12ish.
Damm slow typing.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1629 on: 2008 December 01, 16:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm, yeah and he has already apologized.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Skye
ARR!

......It had to be the RUM!

View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: 2008 December 01, 16:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are quite a few folks from insim over at http://sapphiresims2.com/  as well as http://www.noukiesims2.net/tiny/index.php  my stuff is at those two places. I was not sure what to do about the downloads thing, so I just gave Pescado full permission to use any and all downloads of mine he wanted. That way his butt is covered, in any case.  Hey, it's MY junk so what can Walt do about it, eh?

I have posted about insim at the site I'm on  http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/gossip-area-the-gab-fest-f8/oh-no-they-didn-tinsimenatornet-drama-drama-drama-t141.htm#527

Fur is protested more often than leather because it's easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs!
http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/forum.htm
kattenijin
Landlubber

Gnarrraaahhhhh!

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: 2008 December 01, 16:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, since it is finally Monday and it appears Walt has been/is on Insim; has he given any indication he's twiged as to what is going on?
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1632 on: 2008 December 01, 16:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, since it is finally Monday and it appears Walt has been/is on Insim; has he given any indication he's twiged as to what is going on?

We wouldn't know, would we?  Grin

SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1633 on: 2008 December 01, 16:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We wouldn't know, would we?  Grin

Well, Pes might, maybe kattenijin was asking him?

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1634 on: 2008 December 01, 16:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to know too actually, sorry if I was being glib. Any more stuff from lulzy Walt would be awesome. At least it'd keep us entertained with outrage and macros for another couple of hours.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: