PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:47:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  BlackysSims2Zoo
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BlackysSims2Zoo  (Read 12767 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Re: BlackysSims2Zoo
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 22, 02:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except that they're basing it on people's work that would rather be caught in TSR underwear than selling any of their work?

Inactive
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 November 22, 05:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nono - you misunderstand - the greed is charging so much to recolour - not for getting someone else to do it for you [though paying is admittedly unwise].

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Jonesi
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 22, 05:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be amusing if lots of people ordered recolours and then when Blacky's send the preview of the recolour to you mail them back, tell them it's crap and send them a copy of the EULA, might waste a bit of their time  Tongue

mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 November 22, 05:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's pure genius. Except for one thing: I bet you have to pay for the recolor up front and that the email is just so you can approve the recolor before you get the actual finished object. Anyone greedy enough to offer to recolor objects for a fee isn't going to take chances on getting their grubby, little hands on the actual monies. Nope. Getting the monies is the reason for doing it in the first place.
I say just send them a copy of the EULA- "disguised" as a recolor request- in the first place and be done with it.

ETA: When I said that's pure genius- I meant what TheMissus said.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 22, 06:16:40 by mustluvcatz » Logged
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 November 22, 06:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's disgusting.  BlackysSims2Zoo should have their arses squarely kicked.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
bastet
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 November 22, 09:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You only can find the thread about it when you are registered. The payment will be made with Pay Pal

1 Objekt - 1,50 €
2-5 Objekte - 2,00 €
6-10 Objekte - 2,50 €
11-20 Objekte - 3,50 €

Nobody else will see or get the recolor, only the "customer" ..... so nobody knows how many people will use this new "service"

Bad_Kitty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 November 22, 13:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate this site....
the downloads are ugly, even the pay... I would rather die than downloading those CRAP!
This post is since some months on the site:
Please help the zoo!
We haven't got enough money yet to keep on offering free downloads in 2009.
Please support us - each Cent helps!

but now they decided to keep the site alive  Angry

These bitches use meshes from other sites... change them a little bit and the claim them as theri own...
WTF?
BlackysSimsZoo have to be DESTROYED!!!!!
Even I can make better sims 2 clohting
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 November 22, 14:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the point of PMBD was to... you know, destroy paysites? Stop crime? Fight wrongdoers with our vigilante-style brand of poetic justice?

Ya you're right, every now and then my GAAHHH!! just gets the best of me. If I remember correctly isn't Blackys the one we were having the vote off with awhile back?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 November 22, 14:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember that, but it's entire possible I missed the whole thing.

And I do agree, it is a silly thing to pay for. The people who send free meshes to pay for recolours aren't exactly innocent victims here, but they're still not as bad as the ones actually offering the service. You could order a recolour because you're no good at it, or don't have the time to learn how to do it properly, or really have no idea that it's a shady thing to do. There's shades of grey there. But there's only one explanation for actually offering to do it and that's pure and simple greed.

Azaya
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 November 22, 15:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was Blacky's, yes.
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008 November 22, 18:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, its not lazy - some people don't texture well, some don't build houses well, and some don't mesh well.  So, I figure the only fault here is greed.

I have tried to do meshes and colours on my own....I stink at it LOL !  But I would never dream of paying someone to do it for me... that is insanity!

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
bastet
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 November 22, 21:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pretty sure - if you ask the creator friendly if they will make a recolor .... - I really guess the most will make it - and not for money ...

Well I stared to mesh this year - I am not perfect at all by now, ok - don't use free 3D's and make all by my self - but I made some recolors because people asked me for them. I also made recolors from other meshes for people they asked me for doing this - and I NEVER was thinking of money when I did this.

When I create something - doesn't matter if I build a house, make recolors or a new mesh - and I offer it for free - I do not want anyone to make money with something I just made because it is my hobby to do this and I just share it with other people for free.
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 November 22, 22:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mysticvelvet from tsr does a lot of recolors for blackys.  I'm surprised tsr hasn't taken over blackys yet.
Bad_Kitty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 November 23, 11:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ the official german site (I am there because I'm german) one of the mods from blacky (her name is Shadow76)  is recruting new custom creator for blacky.... a few of their work looke okay, but some of the creations look as they were taken from maxis and claimed as their own...?!
Guybrush
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 November 23, 15:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Omg. I have no words for how shitty that is. And who could be so stupid to pay for that?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: